DXM and Opiates

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by JahRed24, Jul 28, 2007.

1. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

Hey i've read a lot of stuff on the internet saying that DXM can potentiate a opiate buzz.. I've tried it myself and it seemed to work but i dunno if it was just a placebo effect or if my buzz really was potentiated by the DXM.. I used the DXM with oxy and hydrocodone....Has anyone else tried using DXM with oxycodone and/or hydrocodone and noticed an increased effect..
    I read basicallly that the DXM lowers ur tolerance for opiates while the DXM is in ones system.. so basically 40mgs of Oxycodone would feel more like 60mgs while on DXM..(im not sure if those figures are accurate but im just using it as an example).

I also read that White Grapefruit juice will potentiate opiates as well..but im not sure if it works with oxy and hydrocodone.. I've tried it plenty of times but don't really notice much of a difference and if i do its maybe like a 10% increase.. Anyone else have any input on the white grapefruit juice and opiates?

Also anyone with some DXM information and the mixing it with opiates??? (i read you need to take about 60-80mgs of pure DXM b4 dosing)

2. Emmajs

Emmajs Member

Tagament and white grapefruit juice both slow down the liver's abitity to metabolize the opiates so the effect lasts longer. Dxm makes it more intense. Where did you find DMX? Its not used much any more.

3. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

i meant to say "DXM" sorry

4. hellixxx

hellixxx Member

5. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

dude no they dont, i've taken dxm with my opiates many times with no ill effects... u only take between 60-75mgs DXM with ur normal opiate dosage and it will just make it a lil 'stronger' supposidily

6. hellixxx

hellixxx Member

do you have any other research or proof other than just from personal experience? i'm not doubting your word, i'm just at the other end of the road with no experience with this combination

7. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

yes i have many friends that have tried it under my supervision and read many other accounts online about the effectiveness of opiates+DXM...look it up yo! GOOGLE that shit..

8. fleabag711

fleabag711 Member

take 500ml of grapefruit juice with a malox chaser. Wait an hour than take the opiate. After another hour-- drink 500 more ml of grapefruit juice. The juice alters your digestion enzymes so they cant do their job the same and the malox neutralizes some acid. Be careful if taking other medicines when doing this. Can be dangerous. Also- don't believe this works with codeine.

You can use tagamet. Take a dose. wait 45 minutes and take some antacids. After 15 more minutes- it is now an hour and u can take the opiate.

9. IcarusRisen

IcarusRisen Member

A plus is that DXM seems to help prevent people from becoming addicted to things.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_general_info.shtml
    So, YMMV, but it looks like taking a little DXM (Not a high dose) can be beneficial to users in multiple ways. While I do not advise doing opiates, and I do advise caution, there may be positives to the whole issue.

Be careful though.

10. gdpsimon

gdpsimon Member

I'm a chronic suboxone user, and when I use dxm recreationally it does seem to potentate the effects of the sub quite a bit...but it might just be the body high associated with dxm.