About to Try Salvia Divinorum for the 1st time. ADVICE

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Illuminatise, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Illuminatise

Illuminatise Member

Hello everyone. Well, I just picked up 1g Salvia Divinorum Incense Extract and had some questions. I have never tried this before and am planning to take a trip in 2 weeks. Before that happens, I need some advice.

1) I do not know anything about scales or measurments and was wondering if someone could tell me how much to take the first time. I do not want to go overboard...just see what this is about. Since I do not understand how to measure a set amount...is there a way to figure out the right dosage...say fill up half a penny on one side about 5mm think?

2) I was going to smoke this so what is the best way to do that?

3) Should I have a sitter?

4) What kind of enviroment is best? I've rolled with E under moonlight raves...I've been hiking with shrooms, and chilled out at my pad listening to Theivery Corperation.

5) Speaking of Music...should you listen to music and what works best.

6) What to wear and wear to sit/laydown.

7) Outside or inside...how much light?

Thanks

2. cechmangoal1

cechmangoal1 Member

go to erowid.org for good dosage info and go to sagewisdom.org for information regarding salvia. take time to learn about the plant and it's role as an entheogen. be responsible and safe and have respect because the experience depends on how clear your intent is. it is not recreational, but is still an amzing experience if you know ahead of time what you're in for. sagewsidom.org has a salvia divinorum users guide that will give you a ton of info, as the rest of the site will. good luck

steven

3. Longshot789

Longshot789 Member

I'll go through what i usually do, and what i did the first times. I feel what I did was appropriate.

First determine how strong the extract is. If its 20x you won't need much, if its 5x you'll need 4 times as much, logically. If its 20x start of with, lets say, 2 pinches. I always worked with very non-standard equipment. I smoke out of a gatorade bottle waterfall bong and use some foil as a bowl. My bowl was maybe the diameter of a quater, and about as tall too. For a tester dose, I'd put in maybe a eighth to a quarter of that amount, so like to pinches, what i said before, into the bowl, and take that as one hit. I tried to let it burn nice and slow(so if its a bong or pipe just draw it in slowly) and tried not to think about how harsh it was. Personally i love using the waterfall as I can let it cool down, and it becomes much less harsh. Then i would hold it in for upwards of 20 seconds, I would always count, but it doesn't matter much past 20 cuz when you exhale you may only exhale a tiny amount of smoke. You'll probably feel weird anywhere form 5 to 30 seconds after you exhale(or 25-50 seconds after you start breathing...) At this point just let go, relax and try not to think about anything(for your first bit) and see where it takes you. You should first feel a little disoriented, then you may feel like you're being pulled, or some part of you is tingly. This is what slipping into salvia space is like. On a small dose like this, you may not make it all the way, you may just hang with this weird feeling, and a psychedelic thought pattern. If it's not enough, step up the dosage. I personally think i must be a hard head. I use a full bowl of 20x when i trip. Then again i get so sucked into the other reality it usually takes me all of the following night/day to remember everything i saw. I try to get very close to the amnesiac state. I feel reduced and more primal in that state and images are much more fundamental and meaningful to me.

On set and setting. Just get comfortable. A couch a chair, the ground. Just have a sitter. If you slump into a strange position, you may want someone who is conscious to help you out. On what to wear, anything really. You'll probably get all hot and possibly sweaty. so think about that. Lighting, I like it dim, but not totally dark. If you're going to trip hard, you may want something in the room to remind you of reality, sometimes its a struggle to make it back. I like music on, usually something light and familiar, some acid-folk, or some album i listen to a lot. One time I was listening to some extremely friendly folk, and i tripped about an entire false childhood spent with these weird rubberized yellow tongue depressor people in a forest of sorts, no gravity and no up or down... But it was like a giant kids show with ...happy folk music as the theme song. Very cool. Set and setting really helps guide the trip. Though don't be suprised when it doesn't make any sense either.

Have fun, think hard about the trip afterwards, and be careful! Start with a small dose.

4. Illuminatise

Illuminatise Member

Thank you for the advice and Longshot789...thanks for all the details which is what I was looking for. My main goal is to explore some mind scapes and see where they lead. It is for mind expansion which is what I wish to use it for. Through my research and going through the web, I find it very disturbing watching a bunch of zit popping teens who don't even know which hand to hold their dick in...playing around with it as if it was some party drug. They'll ruin it for all of us. Anyhow, thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

5. Longshot789

Longshot789 Member

cool, nice when to know I wrote it for someone with their head on straight.

6. Illuminatise

Illuminatise Member

Hey, just wanted to tell you how it went. This is from my journal.

Setting: I set the venue for the experience in my living room. The living room has character as it is of the Victorian style with a large fireplace and immense crown moldings along with the original parkay flooring. There is a large Turkish rug on the floor, 2 large French doors on either side of the walls and very comfy couch. I set the lights down low, lit some candles and incense, and played some nice ambient music. My sitter was down the hallway in the bedroom. Doors were closed.

Method: I had 1g of Salivia Divinorum which was 20X in strength. I got my blankets ready, had loose clothing, and was ready to go. I placed some ice in my device, threw in 2-3 pinches and smoked my first hit. I could feel it right away. The feeling was one of disorientation, and a bit like being drunk but with none of the stomach issues. I sat back into the couch and observed my surroundings. Aside from some very minor visual disorientation, nothing happened. I still felt like something was going on but it was a mild sensation.

I let this go on for about 10 minutes and concluded that no further effects were going to be experienced. I still had that,”drunk” feeling although I was in full control of my facilities. Motor coordination was at 70%.

At this point, I was very disappointed since after reading about the many experiences where people travel to different geographic locations and even different planes of existence. My main goal was to explore some mind scapes and see where they lead. It is for mind expansion which is what I wished to use it for. Now given that I am in my 30’s, have partied with almost every known chemical in my youth and even still continue with some selected favorites…I am aware of the effects of most mind altering substances. Aside from “having a good time”; I have always sought a more meaningful and deep state to reflect on life and what we call reality. I have achieved some altered states even with the most basic of substances and I enjoy exploring the limits. I do not have any inhibitions and like to think that I am open to all mind altering experiences.

Having said that, I was very disappointed. I thought maybe I did not take it into my lungs all the way or hold it in long enough. I decided to take another dose with a tiny bit more in the device and hold it in as long as I could. I took a hit.

Same Feeling of disorientation occurs as I am analyzing whats going on. Then, I begin to feel like something is pulling on me from underneath. My mouth feels like it is being pulled down lower, and lower like an object being pulled into a black hole and stretched to infinity. I think I started to laugh at this point because I “KNEW” this was the beginning of the effects. I let myself go and at this point, I knew that I was still in my living room but the living room was “alive”. Now from this point on, there are no visuals…it is only the feeling of the environment. I did feel disembodied but still felt conscious of myself.

In the back of my mind, I was thinking that I might be loud and did not want to scare my sitter and for them to know I was ok. I wanted to get up and tell them everything was ok but I could not. Again this is feelings but almost like how a bat uses Sonar to see their environment without using light. My arms were being stretched out and almost joining the French doors. Now these French doors were alive and they were preventing me from leaving the living room. They were like two bouncers holding me back somehow merging with my arms. Now I was feeling like I was at a carnival and a lot of things were going on around me although I could not make out what. The carnival was controlled by these French doors but they were not going to let me out. I felt like there was a constant twisting of my body. I think I passed out at this point or I do not remember much. As I came to or started to remember, I felt very drunk and disorientated. I lay down on the couch and just relaxed. There were random thoughts bouncing around but nothing of interest. I went to bed and slept.

This was not a good experience nor was it a bad one. It just was an experience but a strange one. I am still disappointed. However, the good part follows.

Back-Story: Every since I was a child, I have always had massive dream sessions when I slept. I have perfected this to my adulthood and still have many dreams at night and remember most of them. I enjoy sleeping since it’s almost entrainment for the evening.

That night’ when I went to sleep; I had some very vivid dreams and they continued one after another. I felt like I slept for 15 hours. The very next morning, I woke up early and was getting ready to go to work when I realized how early it was and how awake and refreshed I felt. This would be the “glow” effect. I am the worst morning person and usually do not know what my name is until 10:00am. This particular morning, I was wide awake, alert, and relaxed. This surprised and amazed me. I felt very good the whole day and that concluded this experiment.

[font=&quot]My question is; was this not pure Salvia? Is this why I had a strange trip or this was just my “trip”. I will try it again but just want to make sure it is the right and real stuff. I just bought some Sage Goddess Emerald Essence and hope that this will provide me with the experience I am looking for.[/font]