30 replies to this topic

#1 Aladdin

Aladdin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 10:59 AM

I always wanted to live in a commune where evereyone have sex, Iv found one organization called "the family" that I refuse to join cause of 2 major reasons.

1. They are religous.
2. They have a history of pedophilia, they say that they have stopped, but still have children living with them...

Is there a nice free sex commune where evereyone are eating birth controll pills and are of legal age?

Thankyou.

#2 TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian

• 1,142 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 11:00 AM

Join the Adult Entertainment Scene. Not only is it free but you can make money through it to fund you sexual addiction. :H .
Posted Image

#3 Bumble

Bumble

• 2,195 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 02:05 PM

1-most communes have a religious foundation due to the simple fact that religious organizations do not pay taxes
2-a commune that is based on sex is a bad bad idea due to the fact that it allows some to control others, which will limit freewill
Posted Image

#4 Aladdin

Aladdin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 04:07 PM

Join the Adult Entertainment Scene. Not only is it free but you can make money through it to fund you sexual addiction.

I searched for it but couldnt find any of it...

1-most communes have a religious foundation due to the simple fact that religious organizations do not pay taxes
2-a commune that is based on sex is a bad bad idea due to the fact that it allows some to control others, which will limit freewill

point 1-2 both have religous context. religious cults commune or not use controll.

#5 Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo

RN

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 04:29 PM

Uhh...religious cults are not the only organizations to use coersion and control with people. Sex can be just as much about power as religion or politics.
[SIGPIC]http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/biblesex/giants_baby2.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Science is all metaphor."

#6 SafetyPin

SafetyPin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 07:28 PM

So, like what kind of communes wouldn't be based on power and control? I always wanted to join a commune. That was what appealed to me more than anything else about the counter culture. I met a few people who were exiles from communes. I only use that word because I always had the impression from them that that was a part of their lives that they wanted to leave behind them. I could never understand exactly why and I was never sure whether it was just my impression or they really felt that way.

There was also a movement when the counter culture was fading out back in the day to "get back to the country." I'd still like to do that! I've had enough of the city/city life. Noth'n going down or not much of anything anyway or not enough of anything I guess is what I'm trying to say.

#7 Aladdin

Aladdin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 10:58 AM

They can controll me as much as they want as long as there is a get together orgie everey night.

#8 SafetyPin

SafetyPin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 12:24 PM

Good attitude Alladin!

#9 sublime94

sublime94

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted July 15 2007 - 02:45 PM

Yeah there ya go alladin.

What the hell am I saying....HELL YEAH UR RITE!
You can leave if you want to, were jus' jammin'!

Posted Image

#10 blinkin

blinkin

• 1,255 posts

Posted July 16 2007 - 10:03 PM

you may want to look on a poly website, polyamoury themed communities do exist though they are based on love, not just random sex acts,
you would have to get to to know them and actually form a relationship with those people.

a commun like the one you are describing would be an extremely hard one to maintain, since it would be driven upon immediate gratification, but what happens when the sex becomes normal, even the sex in an orgie?
which would happen eventually.
you would have to search for meaning to your existance, and you would ultimatley find that what you are looking for is not what you first thought.

theres a story I heard when I was visiting the keys

a man in heaven became really bored and went togod, saying, im bored here none of my friends are here there all in hell, do you think god I could visit them?
god was put aside by this unusual request. but allowed him to visit his friedns for a weekend just once

the man awoke in hell but saw no flames, only sandy beaches beautifull women, he spent the weekend chasing tail and drinking with hsi friends, he went back to heaven and god asked about his vacation to hell

It was great the man said I want to go back, do you think god I could go again,
god told the man he could but if he did so he could never come back to heaven.
the man thought about tis and told god he didnt want to be in heaven anymore, it was boring he liked the way hellw as all his friends were there.

he woke up in hell, but this time the flames filled the sky,there were all his friends shackled and looking beaten, the women were disgusting and dead like,
he looked up to the devil and asked, what happened I was just here

the devil replied, yes I know all about it,
hell is a nice place to visit but living in hell is a different story.
as the devil stuck his fork up the mans ass, the man really regretted his choice...but it was too late.

everyone chooses their own path man,
just make sure you think hard about it before you jump in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

#11 SafetyPin

SafetyPin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted July 17 2007 - 06:00 PM

Is this nuts? I was thinking that if there were enough communes all over the place, no one would ever have to settle down to live in just one. You could visit one, get a taste of it, and then move on to another one.

By the way, I've never been involved in any sort of conventional relationships with women, only random acts of sex. However, I've always tried to convince myself that random acts of sex were love. I may have come to this conclusion; however, because I've never experienced anything else, so rather then feel worthless because I missed out on something that almost the entire rest of the world has not, I told myself that what I've known was just as much love as what everyone else thinks of as genuine love.

#12 sweettone1221

sweettone1221

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted July 26 2007 - 08:54 AM

In order to visit communes, there is a process you must go through. Its not hip to just go there and expect them to put you up. Thats their home and they don't have to just open it up to anyone. Plus, there is usually a fee, as they are providing you with food and shelter. So, yes, you could just hop around visiting but it would be costly and ultimately would leave you without a sense of a home. Instead, I suggest doing research into a few that you like, visit those, join one, and then take advantage of opportunities that allow you outreach to other communities. I think you'll find that more advantageous.
“Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers. You can fill your life up with ideas and still go home lonely. All you really have that really matters are feelings. That’s what music is to me.”- Janis

#13 floydianslip6

floydianslip6

• 1,054 posts

Posted July 26 2007 - 10:46 AM

you may want to look on a poly website, polyamoury themed communities do exist though they are based on love, not just random sex acts,
you would have to get to to know them and actually form a relationship with those people.

a commun like the one you are describing would be an extremely hard one to maintain, since it would be driven upon immediate gratification, but what happens when the sex becomes normal, even the sex in an orgie?
which would happen eventually.
you would have to search for meaning to your existance, and you would ultimatley find that what you are looking for is not what you first thought.

theres a story I heard when I was visiting the keys

a man in heaven became really bored and went togod, saying, im bored here none of my friends are here there all in hell, do you think god I could visit them?
god was put aside by this unusual request. but allowed him to visit his friedns for a weekend just once

the man awoke in hell but saw no flames, only sandy beaches beautifull women, he spent the weekend chasing tail and drinking with hsi friends, he went back to heaven and god asked about his vacation to hell

It was great the man said I want to go back, do you think god I could go again,
god told the man he could but if he did so he could never come back to heaven.
the man thought about tis and told god he didnt want to be in heaven anymore, it was boring he liked the way hellw as all his friends were there.

he woke up in hell, but this time the flames filled the sky,there were all his friends shackled and looking beaten, the women were disgusting and dead like,
he looked up to the devil and asked, what happened I was just here

the devil replied, yes I know all about it,
hell is a nice place to visit but living in hell is a different story.
as the devil stuck his fork up the mans ass, the man really regretted his choice...but it was too late.

everyone chooses their own path man,
just make sure you think hard about it before you jump in.

Nicely said.

#14 truthfromthestars

truthfromthestars

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted October 13 2007 - 04:10 PM

you need a girl friend, not a commune!

#15 cymru_jules

cymru_jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted October 14 2007 - 09:43 AM

I have mused about just such an idea Alladdin, not so much the commune being about orgies, but more as it being a "solution" to sexual desire within the group.

However, much of my commune thinking is about how we behave in the wild, say as cavemen, and well, I'm not sure orgies were commonplace. I've certainly never seen such a thing in the animal kingdom which I also look to, the nearest being a particular type of monkey in which there seems to be lots of lesbian sex going on, but its more a social status thing and used to control the males - so far from being free sex for all its actually quite oppresive.

Either way, when my hormones are back in check again I soon decide its a very bad idea so yes I agree you need a girlfriend. ;)

Last year was pretty much ruined by one over-sexed individual controlling and ultimatley ruining a very close friend of mine, so I believe the normal types of relationships which have developed and grown with modern society still apply to communes no matter how "weird" that commune. Of course, if groups within that commune wish to go off and engage in group sexual activities themselves then thats their business, though I am not convinced orgies can ever really work if you all know each other.

I dont really have much opinion on those religious groups where there is free sex. Much which I have read about those, they seem to be populated by perverts and sexually problematic individuals.

So, is it possible for such a commune to develop where there is no harm to anybody? I doubt it very much. I think it takes a while for just one person to get to the mental state where it would be possible without it being used as a means of control or without individuals getting hurt, or in the very least not just being a bit of fun and experimentation. For several people to be at the same level would be very unlikely.

#16 seeker

seeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted June 12 2008 - 03:17 AM

daily orgy commune = guaranteed herpes and likely genital warts
not to mention eventual mental breakdowns

snakes have orgies I think.

#17 Sunshine3333

Sunshine3333

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted January 05 2009 - 12:07 PM

I lived on a commune in the 1970's in Topanga, California. It was called "Sandstone Ranch" (not to be confused with the one in Chatsworth, which was a swingers haven), and it was sexually liberal, adults only, non religious, and it was fabulous. The only reason it ended was because the owner sold it to a family and moved to Hawaii. The family was not into the commune at all, and we had to leave. But they let us come back once in a while for nostalgia's sake, which is nice. They still live there.
But I'm telling you, if they hadn't sold it, I'd still be there.

Living on a commune is the most joyous expression of individuality as paradoxical as that sounds. We had 15 acres, a pool, a hot tub, a main house, and a few cottages. The sex was anywhere and everywhere, no limits. We had workshops and seminars, and famous people came from all over the world to see us. Books were written about us, films were made about us, we were called "an experiment in alternate lifestyles" and it worked. Many Hollywood types showed up with their spouses, and loved it. You had to be interviewed before you could visit without supervision, and the criteria was: you had to be pro-feminist in the sense that a man who thought women "shouldn't be doing those things" or thought less of a woman for doing exactly what men do all the time, those people were not admitted. Only people who believed in the freedom of expression for both sexes were allowed in the group. We had parties on the weekends and charged admittance for members who paid a membership fee after being interviewed. There was biological balance, and "no" meant "no." Always. I loved it.
And if you're saying, well, what's the difference between that commune and swingers, the difference was that people really got to know each other, it wasn't "sex with strangers" it was like a family. People would have "primary" and "secondary" relationships. Sex was not casual, it was emotional and loving. The people were extremely intelligent, and did not use foul language or act like idiots. The men were gentlemen, and the ladies were ladies. It was not slovenly, but exquisite.
Women were proud and haughty, and men were bold and aggressive. It was absolutely the best time of my life. You can look it up, as it was talked about at great length in Gay Talese's book "Thy Neighbor's Wife" published in 1980, and in a couple issues of Playboy in articles written by Dan Greenburg who had visited us a few times. Alex Comfort had a chapter about us in "The Joy of Sex." There is a film which I bought on line, and I just wish someone with some money would own a commune like that today, as I'd love to live there. That's the difficulty, is that it worked because someone else (like a benevolent dictator type) owned it, ran it, and had the money to do it for a profit and knew what he was doing. So we didn't have to do anything except help physically with the upkeep, like my job was vacuuming everything. My boyfriend's job was cooking. Some people did the clean up, others did tree maintenance, and pool maintenance, like that. But the owner, made it happen and made it work. There were actually two owners, the first sold it to the second, and the second sold it to the family. Of course it's worth a fortune today, but back then I think it was sold for around $250,000 back in 1976. Today it's worth millions I'm sure. But a person who owned some acreage in a nice private location, with the business sense to make it work, could start one, based on the same principles. I'd be happy to be a consultant on such a project, as I know what made it work. It was a combintion of good press coverage and great publicity, and intelligent people who gave trainings, and seminars, and explained to people how you had to behave in order to make it work. And as I said, it worked. :)

#18 caliente

caliente

• 1,570 posts

Posted January 06 2009 - 08:59 AM

it was sexually liberal, adults only, non religious, and it was fabulous

Wish I could have been there.

#19 chaz2zeek

chaz2zeek

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted January 28 2009 - 06:21 PM

I joined Kerista for a short time. Late 80's early 90's ish. Polyfidelity,total income sharing, shared child rearing. Very heavy group; Learned much Laughed often. I would recomend reaching for your dreams.
" You see those stars up there?' God put them there for a reason son"
" No you can't ever get to them."
" Is that gonna stop you from tryin?"

#20 Southpaw Vagabond

Southpaw Vagabond

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted January 31 2009 - 10:40 PM

Social communes are few and far between, only becuase people are so bent on space and freedom of space......
religious communes are there but are usually closed unless you know someone inside.
If you really want to find a good commune to line in....you have to live the life first, walk the walk then one day it will drop in your lap........
but like the last post was saying....visiting it and living it are totally different.

#21 go4thetop

go4thetop

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 05:43 AM

I've been reading the book Sex at Dawn and have been finding it to be a fascinating book.
The concept of community, sexual freedom, equality, sharing, joy and family is not impossible but is probably extremely difficult to achieve in the "modern" world. I think we can sometimes simulate the type of small group interactive communities that create the sort of environment many of us (both women and men) yearn for but I'm not sure if we can sustain the environment for long, especially with all the outside pressures that you would be subjected to. Our society, both secular and religious, needs you to conform with the accepted norm and will bring incredible pressure to force people not to deviate from this.
I think this is more and more the case as we move further and further into the 21st century. Rather than becoming more tolerant and open we are becoming more restrictive and intolerant in many ways. Many free and liberal ideas and behaviors are becoming limited or restrained for our "protection and safety".
I would love to live this sort of open, communal life but don't think I am ready to go off into the jungle and live a foraging life style to attain it and can only dream about it being possible in the world I live in today.

#22 AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 12:06 PM

I think that there are many “sex positive” intentional communities (especially in northern California), however most of them keep a low profile for obvious reasons – getting along with neighbors and not being overwhelmed by a constant stream of unwanted visitors.

There have also been a lot of groups that have used sex as a recruiting tool. Some of the more notorious were the Children of God and the Manson Family.

#23 mosaicmind

mosaicmind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 09:29 PM

To Sunshine3333

I've heard of the Sandstone Ranch and I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind me asking.
How was birth control dealt with? Were condoms widely available and were they expected to be used all the time or did the ladies "eat birth control pills"?
Also, How were STD's dealt with? Was there pretty extensive medical screenings of members? Would there be a sort of "sexual quarantine" for anyone that left the ranch for a time and came back?
Lastly, do you know of any extant communes that are similar to how the Sandstone Ranch was? Your endorsement has piqued my interest.
Thanks

#24 sodabandito

sodabandito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted June 25 2011 - 08:33 PM

Just sayin'...I saw a documentary on the "Family" today...and they were some sick folk!! Sex with kids...like I said, SICK FOLK!!
Think Positive!

#25 S&L

S&L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted June 27 2011 - 01:07 PM

Maybe it is time to form a new sex-based commune.
In Canada, since the people are less likely to object.
I am willing to scout for location(s) and make the first steps to get infrastructure.
Anyone interested?

#26 BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 09:12 PM

In order to visit communes, there is a process you must go through. Its not hip to just go there and expect them to put you up. Thats their home and they don't have to just open it up to anyone. Plus, there is usually a fee, as they are providing you with food and shelter. So, yes, you could just hop around visiting but it would be costly and ultimately would leave you without a sense of a home. Instead, I suggest doing research into a few that you like, visit those, join one, and then take advantage of opportunities that allow you outreach to other communities. I think you'll find that more advantageous.

Wait what?!~ What happened to those places in the 60's I heard all about on the History channel places where people came and went like the wind, where there was no ban on the nudity, open-sex, loving whoever you wanted, and expressing yourself even if it meant dancing naked in a tutu like a ballerina and then doing the mumba?~ A place where people helped out each other by bringing things or doing things or making things instead of using money?~

I think it's great establishing a society based upon common understanding and bring each other's efforts together to help a community run, but if you lost all the reasons you were doing it for what's the point?~

#27 BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted April 06 2013 - 07:23 PM

Just sayin'...I saw a documentary on the "Family" today...and they were some sick folk!! Sex with kids...like I said, SICK FOLK!!

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.~
Sexual abuse of children is harmful.
Consenting sex is an entirely different matter.

#28 AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted April 07 2013 - 01:17 PM

Wait what?!~ What happened to those places in the 60's I heard all about on the History channel places where people came and went like the wind, where there was no ban on the nudity, open-sex, loving whoever you wanted, and expressing yourself even if it meant dancing naked in a tutu like a ballerina and then doing the mumba?~ A place where people helped out each other by bringing things or doing things or making things instead of using money?~

Most of them went broke really quickly,or broke up. Few of them lasted more than a year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Enlightenment is knowing that what was planned was a party." — Victor Baranco, LafayetteMorehouse.com

#29 Dalamar

Dalamar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted April 07 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think it's great establishing a society based upon common understanding and bring each other's efforts together to help a community run, but if you lost all the reasons you were doing it for what's the point?~

It's definitely not the 60s anymore. The world is a very different place. The communes today are just as much about making money as any other business. I was looking around at various places and the cost just visit one is unbelievable.

I don't think any place like that is going to be what you hope for. Not for men anyway. Usually only the inner circles have that kind of freedom and you would just be a low level entrant used more for physical labor than anything else.

#30 Amontillado

Amontillado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted April 08 2013 - 05:12 AM

It's definitely not the 60s anymore. The world is a very different place. The communes today are just as much about making money as any other business. I was looking around at various places and the cost just visit one is unbelievable.

I don't think any place like that is going to be what you hope for. Not for men anyway. Usually only the inner circles have that kind of freedom and you would just be a low level entrant used more for physical labor than anything else.

I'm not making money(!!) pushing Twin Oaks, but I just found their website for BlissRainbow when the topic was work, money and organization, so it's in my mind. That commune has a 3-week visit plan available, which is obviously for potential members to get to know the group and vice versa, though I assume you could go there just to see and enjoy. Some day I might do it! The cost is pretty reasonable:
"The fee for the three-week visit is on a sliding scale of $50-$250."

Twin Oaks doesn't say anything about sex. They skinny-dip in the creek, but I think they wear clothes all the rest of the time, and I suspect open sex would be very unwelcome. It might be that there are definite expectations concerning relationships between members, where you could be told what's acceptable and what isn't. Maybe in a communal environment personal business is community business, in a way that's different from the wide world.
How many times do I have to tell you kids to quit perning in that gyre?