Commune with sexual focus

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Aladdin, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Banned

I always wanted to live in a commune where evereyone have sex, Iv found one organization called "the family" that I refuse to join cause of 2 major reasons.

1. They are religous.
    2. They have a history of pedophilia, they say that they have stopped, but still have children living with them...

Is there a nice free sex commune where evereyone are eating birth controll pills and are of legal age?

Thankyou.

2. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

Join the Adult Entertainment Scene. Not only is it free but you can make money through it to fund you sexual addiction. :H .

3. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

1-most communes have a religious foundation due to the simple fact that religious organizations do not pay taxes
    2-a commune that is based on sex is a bad bad idea due to the fact that it allows some to control others, which will limit freewill

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Banned

I searched for it but couldnt find any of it...

point 1-2 both have religous context. religious cults commune or not use controll.

5. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Uhh...religious cults are not the only organizations to use coersion and control with people. Sex can be just as much about power as religion or politics.

6. SafetyPin

SafetyPin Banned

So, like what kind of communes wouldn't be based on power and control? I always wanted to join a commune. That was what appealed to me more than anything else about the counter culture. I met a few people who were exiles from communes. I only use that word because I always had the impression from them that that was a part of their lives that they wanted to leave behind them. I could never understand exactly why and I was never sure whether it was just my impression or they really felt that way.

There was also a movement when the counter culture was fading out back in the day to "get back to the country." I'd still like to do that! I've had enough of the city/city life. Noth'n going down or not much of anything anyway or not enough of anything I guess is what I'm trying to say.

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Banned

They can controll me as much as they want as long as there is a get together orgie everey night.

8. SafetyPin

SafetyPin Banned

Good attitude Alladin!

9. sublime94

sublime94 Banned

Yeah there ya go alladin.

What the hell am I saying....HELL YEAH UR RITE!

10. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

you may want to look on a poly website, polyamoury themed communities do exist though they are based on love, not just random sex acts,
    you would have to get to to know them and actually form a relationship with those people.

a commun like the one you are describing would be an extremely hard one to maintain, since it would be driven upon immediate gratification, but what happens when the sex becomes normal, even the sex in an orgie?
    which would happen eventually.
    you would have to search for meaning to your existance, and you would ultimatley find that what you are looking for is not what you first thought.

theres a story I heard when I was visiting the keys

a man in heaven became really bored and went togod, saying, im bored here none of my friends are here there all in hell, do you think god I could visit them?
    god was put aside by this unusual request. but allowed him to visit his friedns for a weekend just once

the man awoke in hell but saw no flames, only sandy beaches beautifull women, he spent the weekend chasing tail and drinking with hsi friends, he went back to heaven and god asked about his vacation to hell

It was great the man said I want to go back, do you think god I could go again,
    god told the man he could but if he did so he could never come back to heaven.
    the man thought about tis and told god he didnt want to be in heaven anymore, it was boring he liked the way hellw as all his friends were there.

he woke up in hell, but this time the flames filled the sky,there were all his friends shackled and looking beaten, the women were disgusting and dead like,
    he looked up to the devil and asked, what happened I was just here

the devil replied, yes I know all about it,
    hell is a nice place to visit but living in hell is a different story.
    as the devil stuck his fork up the mans ass, the man really regretted his choice...but it was too late.

everyone chooses their own path man,
    just make sure you think hard about it before you jump in.

11. SafetyPin

SafetyPin Banned

Is this nuts? I was thinking that if there were enough communes all over the place, no one would ever have to settle down to live in just one. You could visit one, get a taste of it, and then move on to another one.

By the way, I've never been involved in any sort of conventional relationships with women, only random acts of sex. However, I've always tried to convince myself that random acts of sex were love. I may have come to this conclusion; however, because I've never experienced anything else, so rather then feel worthless because I missed out on something that almost the entire rest of the world has not, I told myself that what I've known was just as much love as what everyone else thinks of as genuine love.

12. sweettone1221

sweettone1221 Member

In order to visit communes, there is a process you must go through. Its not hip to just go there and expect them to put you up. Thats their home and they don't have to just open it up to anyone. Plus, there is usually a fee, as they are providing you with food and shelter. So, yes, you could just hop around visiting but it would be costly and ultimately would leave you without a sense of a home. Instead, I suggest doing research into a few that you like, visit those, join one, and then take advantage of opportunities that allow you outreach to other communities. I think you'll find that more advantageous.

13. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

Nicely said.

14. truthfromthestars

truthfromthestars Member

you need a girl friend, not a commune!

15. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

I have mused about just such an idea Alladdin, not so much the commune being about orgies, but more as it being a "solution" to sexual desire within the group.

However, much of my commune thinking is about how we behave in the wild, say as cavemen, and well, I'm not sure orgies were commonplace. I've certainly never seen such a thing in the animal kingdom which I also look to, the nearest being a particular type of monkey in which there seems to be lots of lesbian sex going on, but its more a social status thing and used to control the males - so far from being free sex for all its actually quite oppresive.

Either way, when my hormones are back in check again I soon decide its a very bad idea so yes I agree you need a girlfriend. ;)

Last year was pretty much ruined by one over-sexed individual controlling and ultimatley ruining a very close friend of mine, so I believe the normal types of relationships which have developed and grown with modern society still apply to communes no matter how "weird" that commune. Of course, if groups within that commune wish to go off and engage in group sexual activities themselves then thats their business, though I am not convinced orgies can ever really work if you all know each other.

I dont really have much opinion on those religious groups where there is free sex. Much which I have read about those, they seem to be populated by perverts and sexually problematic individuals.

So, is it possible for such a commune to develop where there is no harm to anybody? I doubt it very much. I think it takes a while for just one person to get to the mental state where it would be possible without it being used as a means of control or without individuals getting hurt, or in the very least not just being a bit of fun and experimentation. For several people to be at the same level would be very unlikely.

16. seeker

seeker Member

daily orgy commune = guaranteed herpes and likely genital warts
    not to mention eventual mental breakdowns

snakes have orgies I think.

17. Sunshine3333

Sunshine3333 Guest

I lived on a commune in the 1970's in Topanga, California. It was called "Sandstone Ranch" (not to be confused with the one in Chatsworth, which was a swingers haven), and it was sexually liberal, adults only, non religious, and it was fabulous. The only reason it ended was because the owner sold it to a family and moved to Hawaii. The family was not into the commune at all, and we had to leave. But they let us come back once in a while for nostalgia's sake, which is nice. They still live there.
    But I'm telling you, if they hadn't sold it, I'd still be there.

Living on a commune is the most joyous expression of individuality as paradoxical as that sounds. We had 15 acres, a pool, a hot tub, a main house, and a few cottages. The sex was anywhere and everywhere, no limits. We had workshops and seminars, and famous people came from all over the world to see us. Books were written about us, films were made about us, we were called "an experiment in alternate lifestyles" and it worked. Many Hollywood types showed up with their spouses, and loved it. You had to be interviewed before you could visit without supervision, and the criteria was: you had to be pro-feminist in the sense that a man who thought women "shouldn't be doing those things" or thought less of a woman for doing exactly what men do all the time, those people were not admitted. Only people who believed in the freedom of expression for both sexes were allowed in the group. We had parties on the weekends and charged admittance for members who paid a membership fee after being interviewed. There was biological balance, and "no" meant "no." Always. I loved it.
    And if you're saying, well, what's the difference between that commune and swingers, the difference was that people really got to know each other, it wasn't "sex with strangers" it was like a family. People would have "primary" and "secondary" relationships. Sex was not casual, it was emotional and loving. The people were extremely intelligent, and did not use foul language or act like idiots. The men were gentlemen, and the ladies were ladies. It was not slovenly, but exquisite.
    Women were proud and haughty, and men were bold and aggressive. It was absolutely the best time of my life. You can look it up, as it was talked about at great length in Gay Talese's book "Thy Neighbor's Wife" published in 1980, and in a couple issues of Playboy in articles written by Dan Greenburg who had visited us a few times. Alex Comfort had a chapter about us in "The Joy of Sex." There is a film which I bought on line, and I just wish someone with some money would own a commune like that today, as I'd love to live there. That's the difficulty, is that it worked because someone else (like a benevolent dictator type) owned it, ran it, and had the money to do it for a profit and knew what he was doing. So we didn't have to do anything except help physically with the upkeep, like my job was vacuuming everything. My boyfriend's job was cooking. Some people did the clean up, others did tree maintenance, and pool maintenance, like that. But the owner, made it happen and made it work. There were actually two owners, the first sold it to the second, and the second sold it to the family. Of course it's worth a fortune today, but back then I think it was sold for around $250,000 back in 1976. Today it's worth millions I'm sure. But a person who owned some acreage in a nice private location, with the business sense to make it work, could start one, based on the same principles. I'd be happy to be a consultant on such a project, as I know what made it work. It was a combintion of good press coverage and great publicity, and intelligent people who gave trainings, and seminars, and explained to people how you had to behave in order to make it work. And as I said, it worked. :)

18. caliente

caliente Senior Member

it was sexually liberal, adults only, non religious, and it was fabulous

Wish I could have been there.

19. chaz2zeek

chaz2zeek Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I joined Kerista for a short time. Late 80's early 90's ish. Polyfidelity,total income sharing, shared child rearing. Very heavy group; Learned much Laughed often. I would recomend reaching for your dreams.
    " You see those stars up there?' God put them there for a reason son"
    " No you can't ever get to them."
    " Is that gonna stop you from tryin?"

20. Southpaw Vagabond

Southpaw Vagabond Member

Social communes are few and far between, only becuase people are so bent on space and freedom of space......
    religious communes are there but are usually closed unless you know someone inside.
    If you really want to find a good commune to line in....you have to live the life first, walk the walk then one day it will drop in your lap........
    but like the last post was saying....visiting it and living it are totally different.