In what way does LSD open your mind?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Jazz_Player, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Jazz_Player

Jazz_Player Member

Hi guys, after a lot of research about lsd and acid trips I have decided to go for it. I'm gonna trip next month when my mom is abroad and me and my sister are staying at my grandma's. My grandma is not strict about going out so I'm gonna sleep over at my cousin's, who is four years older than me, has tripped many times, and also has experiences with other drugs, and I'm gonna trip with him.

So anyways, here's my questoin. During my research I have read in many trip experiences that LSD opens your mind. Some friends of mine who have taken the drug have also said this but what I'd like to know is in what way does it do this? Also, is it true that during an acid trip people become telepathic, and are able to communicate with thoughts and see the future? I know that every trip is different, even for the same person, but have any of you experienced any of these things or more? Thanks

2. VileKyle

VileKyle Member

Fuckin right, LSD is more than a drug.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

well, there are lots of ways to describe it and put it into words in a sense, but the phrasing and metaphors usually fall quite short for most authors, and even those who are capable of conveying a completely accurate literary description still are almost universally unable to enable someone who has never experienced a psychedelic state to understand fully what is meant, implied, etc. with no point of reference (truly psychedelic experiences are beyond any comparison to other states, at least in the most significant ways) its almost a sure garauntee that you will be unable to understand until you've tripped at LEAST once on a truly psychedelic dose.

i'm sorry to sound pessimistic about the ability or inability to convey such information, but try as many people have to write or verbally express the impact of psychedelic states, to the "uninitiated" it is always going to sound like some obscure, mystical, poetic bullshit. and it mostly is. but if you have a few major experiences, you may begin to understand.

even still, many people take these drugs and never grasp the true implications and importance of the experiences. i caution against tripping solely for fun, distraction, or entertainment; such practices are usually fruitless at best and unpleasant or detrimental at worst. there are many people that trip just for fun and have no understanding of or belief in these things, and most of them turn out ok, but some unfortunate few end up worse off for their toying about with such powerful substances.

4. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Taking a trip on a average dose i would call looking out the window, a heavy dose would be opening the door to your mind. But no matter how much you take, your going to tap into something you've never imagined, beyond the boarders of everyday life. You see what goes on behind the scenes, at least i did. And theres no way you can understand it, maybe some philisophical phrase or metaphore can sum it up, but the true nature of the psychedelic experience is that it self. No one has the same trip, its merely an experience, and what you experience is just the branches that have gotten light, out side of YOUR mind.

5. Pepopstico

Pepopstico Member

try it and find out. better to go in without specific expectations, other than expecting that something profound could happen.
    Telepathy is one of the possible symptoms, but doesn't always happen and some people never experience it. seeing the future is more rare but some people do report having that experience.

6. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

"Throw away the little mind which is called the I, and see: There is no limitation in all the three thousand worlds. Of my home the blue is the ceiling and the earth the carpet, Sun and moon the lamps, and the wind the broom." - Bodhisattva

That's the best way to describe it, IMO, although this is from a person a little lower in Buddhism than a monk. Tripping seems to follow Eastern religion a lot.

7. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Tripping opens doors to the future.

8. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

from a scientific point of veiw- its not understandable how it can open doors.
    I think it can be used for fun, but I wouldnt place expectations on the trip, I dont think you can just say "ok now im going to trip and have a life changing spiritual experience" Its good just to try it and see where it leads you, just go with the flow, its truley amazing how psychedelics can affect you brain, there are endless possibilities. In regards to dosage- A hard trip dosent necerceraly open more doors than a light trip, Its like when I smoke weed I smoke just a little to extend my thoughts while too much teaches me nothing.
    I think "with opening doors" people try to look for stuff that they couldnt see before, but it is often more benefitial to let it extend your thoughts rather than expect somethingh new to appear.
    As I said before, its your first time, just go with the flow.

9. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

As usual, an excellent post nesta, especially the above part. LSD will open your mind as far as you're willing to go, basically, and most people don't know how to get there. When John Lilly tripped for the first time, he tripped much harder on 100 mikes than most people do on a ten strip, because he knew how to expand his consciousness before dosing. So, the mind-expansion is going to be radically different for different experiences, due to such factors as set, setting, personality, open-mindedness...

10. Acem

Acem Member

I would say it changed my perspective on life and everything else. It opens some doors and closes others. Just like any psychedelic it can change your life for better or worse. Set and setting, make sure both are positive and your state of mind is pristine.

11. Jazz_Player

Jazz_Player Member

Thanks for your opinions. I can imagine that it would be difficult to explain such a thing to someone who has never experienced it. Hopefully I will soon see for myself and I will take your advice on not having too many expectations and make sure that I'm in a comfortable set and setting. I agree 100% with the idea that acid shouldn't be used just for fun and fooling around but should be respected and used to explore the mind. Thanks again

12. nesta

nesta Banned

i hate to compare it to such an experience, but describing the psychedelic experience to someone who's never tripped is like trying to describe an orgasm to someone who's never had one, or colors to someone born blind.

its really just that hard. its easier to communicate about it in obscure ways with other folks that have tripped (or rather, had the same level trip before as you have) but its still tough a lot of the time.

just be open to what happens and be unafraid and let it do what it will do.

remember its all in the mind, go with the flow and you'll be ok!