first time at a nude beach/ erection

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by patrick7171, Jun 23, 2007.

1. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Look, it can't be helped and yet it may be a little embarassing if others are nearby. To be honest, it is not necessarily less obvious than a mild erection. On the bright side, it doesn't last long, so is easily remedied.
    Got a towel handy? A quick cleanup and you are back in the fun.
    Otherwise, wash off somewhere.

Pick friends who are not hostile to natural functions. Our sisters and girlfriends have periods and we don't tease them about their natural flows.
    If you are polite and respectful, people often will cut you some slack.

I can't promise you that someone somewhere won't display a hostile attitude to you out of ignorance, but assuming you handle the situation with courtesy, you are the one who is in the right, not the complainer.

2. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

While this advice is good. I have my own more personal experience with unwanted erections.

Ignore it, don't think about it and it will go away. If anyone has a problem with it's THEIR'S not your's. It is perfectly natural, if anyone asks tell the truth a true nudist will understand for it is hypocitical and against the Nudist philosophy to "cover-up" anything. So we can be "clothes-free", but now we must "cover-up" and "be-ashamed" when we're not supposed to be ashamed? Does anyone else think this is illogical and self-defeating (they are really fighting their own philosophy)? An erection is not "having sex" on it's own, it does not need to be taken somewhere else. An erection wants action, if it recieves no attention (or "action") physically or mentally by you it will go away.

3. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I agree with this point but the reason behind it is that even some nudist may feel threatened by it especially those mothers with children etc. Even then we need to not be so uptight about the issue.

4. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Let's say there is a woman with kids sitting on the dry sand of a beach... If a man is walking along the sand at the water's edge and he perks up a bit but is not focusing on anything nor anyone, I don't expect that woman to pay him any mind.

If that same man walks up to that woman and gets all in her personal space as he tries to chat her up while his flag is flying at full staff, that's a different story.

5. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

GardenGuy~ Woah, man.~ It sounds this is not a big deal at all, it seems a lot of the hostility is coming from you.~ Why all the hostility, man? It's not like the guy's attacking her or making any moves on her or her kids.~ It seems you are offended or if she is offended by a naked man with an erection for simply "being" there, this is the same argument for naked people simply "being" there in that merely being there and by existing they are somehow wrong.~

6. freecospirit

freecospirit Member

Blissrainbow what planet are you on - Gardenguy simply says how it is. If you happen to get an erection it is generally no big deal BUT if you flaunt it especially in the face of a woman that is utterly unacceptable.

It has even been known for guys asleep on the beach to get erections without even being aware of them. As has been said it rarely happens and when it does it rarely lasts for long; in any case it's easy to make it less obvious,

7. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

For the life of me, I cannot see what all the fuss is about, so fucking what. If i get an erection I make no attempt to hide it, why should I, hiding it is uncomfortable and why should I suffer for something that is perfectly natural, what is a Naturist? someone in tune with nature as I understand, an erection is a natural function, so is sex and masturbation, agreed its not always appropriate to fuck or masturbate in front of others, as it could cause open hostility with violence, but even hostility to that could be down to some kind of envy, "i'd like to do that but I dont have the bottle and i'd be offended if anyone else did it". This is the 21st century, attitudes are changing, at least in the Western world, cultural and religious taboos are gradually becoming erased and I think thats a good thing, because i believe the more we understand about sex and the way our bodies function, the less of a deal it will become. I've said my bit, now come shoot me down in flames... :devil:

8. Gerald

Gerald Member

I actually I have not seen many erections, but have seen many males naked. In sun club circlers erections are unacceptable. Evenso you sometimes see soft erections. On clothing optional beaches erections are not usual at all. I can only recall seeing a few over the years and that incluides the time when someone paraded naked with an erection in front of me and I became very worried rather than interested. The same applies at clothing optional houses. Those naked are generally not aroused.

9. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Oh boys, did you see the original question is from 2007? Probably the poster will have gotten used to nude beach life since then without any trouble.

Maybe I can add some thoughts though. As everywhere in the world, there’s a place and a time for everything. In fact, erections are pretty uncommon on nude beaches and similar situations, like saunas, spas and so on. Seems experienced guys just don’t get them, but maybe sometimes rookies and also teens in their hormone changeup time. At least hardons are unwelcome at most of family-orientated sites. But this doesn’t mean they are “bad” per se. You just shouldn’t flaunt it.

You also should bear in your mind the whole setting. On a beach packed with families you should avoid any behavior that might be considered as lewd, so you better don’t get a boner, or if so, find a chance to hide it or cool down your senses. If you are alone among good friends remote from others, maybe no one will complain if you feel good obviously. And then, off the traditional nudist culture, there are sites where sexual things are even desired, so having an erection there would astound no one.

To come back to the original question: first, no need to worry. Probably nothing will happen. If though, just have in mind it’s natural and a sign of health. Just have a towel in reach for “the case” and act adequate. That’s all, no big deal. I’ve introduced a pretty dozen of guys to nude beach life, and this strategy always did run, though some of them had the same misgivings before.

10. Todd_99

Todd_99 Member

I have been going to nude beaches for over ten years and still occasionally get an erection. If it happens when I'm not near others, it's not an issue. It goes away after a while. If it happens when I'm in the presence of others, I find that joking about it helps ease any tension it creates.

What doesn't make sense to me is nudists are supposed to be tolerant of all shapes, sizes, colors, disfigurements, etc. This is part of what makes it delightful to be a nudist. But I find it somewhat ironic is if a particular part of the body changes sizes, it's suddenly offensive.

11. popper

popper Guest

This past Saturday five couples and two single females [friends of hostess] gathered at their home for a clothes optional tailgate/pool party get together. Our host were nude upon our arrival and it wasn't long before everyone else followed suit, except for one of the females.
    Not long after, one guy I'll call 'Bill', a relative new comer to our group, spouted an erection. He made no effort to cover it nor did he flaunt it in any manner. This went on throughout the course of the evening and became the 'norm' for the night, without any disapproval from the group. Just a matter of fact.

12. nooneleft

nooneleft Member

I'd either get lucky ... or get thrown out lol! I get rock hard in a cool breeze!! :(

13. toon198122

toon198122 Member

Iv spent plenty of time nude by my self but seeing other people nude in a groop esp wemon I'd probably get hard even if I was in an ice bath

14. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Try it! (Well, don't try an ice bath). Being nude with other people is great. The acceptance is awesome, it is extremely comfortable on a hot day. As for being attracted to women, if you go to a beach where people wear swimsuits, some of the women are awesome there too. What's the big deal about wearing a little less than that? If you see a girl you like and she seems friendly, introduce yourself. Maybe it will always be exciting for you to see naked women at a nude beach, maybe it will become more normal for you.

I admit that the body of a young woman or young man is often one of the most beautiful things there is. But ugly or beautiful, people are just like you. They need friendships, they have hopes and fears, good days and bad. Get to know them. No need to speculate about what might pop up when you go to a nude beach. Just go! Summer is almost over in much of the USA, but you can go to South Florida right up to Christmas and be naked on the beach almost any day in comfort.

15. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Garden guy is so right. I'm planning our Valentines trip to Haulover as we speak. Great beach. Great weather. My only concern regarding erections would be frequency. My gf can get pretty anxious.

16. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

What if you step on an oyster shell or wade by a jelly fish?
    What if you get caught in the rip current?
    What if someone steals your sun tan lotion?
    Will any of this stuff happen? Probably not.
    You can spend your whole life worrying about the stuff that could go wrong or just go for it (while being reasonably aware of your surroundings).

I actually did have the start of an erection when playing nude volleyball.
    I didn't panic. I just sat down for a minute and returned to the game. Not a problem! Has never happened again in public.

Riptide, I know you will have a great time. Hope your gf will let go of all the tension and stress.
    Being your natural nude self on a beautiful tropical beach is one of life's great moments.
    Do your best to help her get into the spirit of the place.
    Enjoy!

17. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Thanks Garden. We are already in training , enjoying every minute.

18. T.C.

T.C. Member

I think that being nude (even among other naked people) would be pretty odd to me.
    Only imagining, it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. It's not about "nudism as sexual", but i believe that the first experiences are strange for everyone. Who know if I would get an erection!
    And to make the things more difficult I'd like to try nudism among friends before, females included, of course, maybe beginning with a sort of game (strip poker should be fine).
    If only my friends were a little bit nastier...

Inviato dal mio iPhone usando Tapatalk

19. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

In some parts of the world men and women live their entire lives without a stitch of clothing. It is the natural way, whether we feel that it is natural or not.

To get over the feeling of strangeness requires nothing more than putting in the time in your natural state. I spent a lot of time in the woods naked in secluded places, swimming in lakes and rivers.

My first skinny dip with the opposite sex was on a dark, dark night. Later we swam together by daylight. It seemed easier for having been naked the first time, even if it was by cover of darkness.

My first time at a nudist camp definitely took things to a higher level, but I got used to it. Everyone does.

If this is where you want to go with your life, you will eventually get there!
    Happy Trails!

20. cinnamond

cinnamond Member

I have been going to nude beaches for more years than I can remember. An erection when you first turn up has never happened to me and I have never seen one in those circumstances.

When they do happen is when you are sitting, or lying there, either dreaming, or looking. If I do feel movement there is plenty of time to cover up, or reposition yourself, if for instance, you are applying sunscreen to your partner's "bits".

At home, or in a holiday chalet it is a different story, almost every morning I wake with a hard-on and if I get up and leave the bedroom I cover it with my hand, unless I know we are alone and that the curtains are closed.

A few years back we shared a chalet with another couple, so I would make sure I was okay before venturing out of our bedroom, John, my brother-in-law didn't do that and on two of three times he would walk across the lounge/kitchen showing himself. A pretty bad show I thought and told him so.

There were also occasions when my wife or her sister would be showing a little pussy and that always gets me, so I either escape, or sit down and cover up. When the two of us are alone, it is a different matter.