first time at a nude beach/ erection

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by patrick7171, Jun 23, 2007.

1. patrick7171

patrick7171 Member

I just wanted to mention that i finally worked up the nerve to go to a nude beach the other day and it was quite liberating. It felt great to lie there under the sun with nothing on and then go for a dip in the water. My fears were founded though and I did instantly get an erection and had to lie down on it for at least 10 minutes before it started to settle down. Even when i walked to the water it started to rise up again, I can only hope next time will go smoother. :)

2. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

what are you all uptight about? it's perfectly natural.

3. patrick7171

patrick7171 Member

i'm not uptight, but erections will get you thrown off the beach.

4. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

no shit? they got erection police on nude beaches? who woulda thunk...

5. patrick7171

patrick7171 Member

6. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You've dealt with the 'worst' of it.
    Eventually, and usually quickly, it won't happen.

7. YourBestFriend

YourBestFriend Member

you will get used to it

8. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Happened to me when I was in my 20s. I got very used to being free and liberated, but the erection thing put me off---like this was the one remaining taboo. Well, everyone assured me that it wasn't taboo, and I was free to let it be, in front of anyone, because it is so natural. Consider yourself lucky. It won't last forever. I doubt I'd have so much of an issue at a free beach now. But who knows---(one can hope!)

9. Arby Arthur

Arby Arthur Member

Greetings, first post here for me. While composing an entry for my nudist blog, I decided to do a little research on this very subject and stumbled upon this thread. First of all a little background about me.

My name is Arby Arthur, and I have been a nudist since childhood. Today, in my 40s, I live a naked and uninhibited lifestyle at my home in Northern California. Recently I;ve purchased my first computer and started a blog about my life and lifestyle as it relates to the Naturism movement in America today.

Your problem with erections is not an unusual one for first time nudists. Even some who have been in the lifestyle for many years have problems with uncooperative penises, myself included (I write very frankly about it in my Nudist Blog, just view my profile for the link).

Oddly, most of the responses you see on Naturist forums on this subject fall into two categories: 1/ Roll over and it will go away, or 2/ You should not allow yourself to get an erection and why do you do such a nasty thing.

As you already know, these responses are inadequate, because erections can be caused by a variety of things other than sexual arousal (physical exertion, medical conditions such as priapism, hormone imbalances, and another that I suffer from), not to mention "nudist anxiety" which is the tendency for an erection to occur at the moment an insecure male least desires it (If you don't believe that this happens, just ask any teenage boy).

That having been said, even though we can argue that erections are natural, especially for new nudists, the fact of the matter is that erections are taboo in most nudist settings. The reason for this is because, wrongfully in my opinion, people will *assume* that an erection is sexual unless there is clear and unambiguous evidence to the contrary (such as in the case of a teenage boy as mentioned above), and even then it is expected that such erections will be hidden from general view, to prevent women and children (and I suppose gay men) from viewing it as a "threat".

Please understand that the above paragraph is not how I view the subject, just how things currently are in most nudist resorts. (Some nude beaches are more relaxed about erections, which is why I prefer to enjoy my naked time there than in landed clubs).

So the bottom line is this:

1/ You are normal. Congratulations!
    2/ You may have this problem again, and if you do, be aware of your surroundings and cover up (or roll over) if you can. Stay that way until it starts to subside.
    3/ Avoid any behavior that could be misinterpreted as sexual or stalking.
    4/ If you continue to have this problem, consider masturbating before going to the beach. This seems to be an effective preventitive for "nudist anxiety" erections. (at your age, you may need to masturbate twice).

I hope this helps answer some of your questions. If you need more assistance, or wish to chat one-on-one, feel free to contact me thru my blog. No question is too embarassing or personal to ask, I will answer all as best as I can as a nudist for over 4 decades.

Arby Arthur
    Lifelong Nudist

10. patrick7171

patrick7171 Member

I don't think masturbating would work. I have the same trouble in men's locker rooms at gyms. As soon as I slide my shorts off my penis gets erect. I've even tried masturbating to male it back from the shower but no luck, but maybe you're right when you say to masterbate twice.

11. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

whoa.... that's such a very good guide for beginners!

12. masanti

masanti Member

Why should nudists have a problem with someone who has an erection? Isn't one of the basic philosophies of nudism to accept people of all shapes & sizes? If one part of your body happens to temporarily be large, why should it matter to someone who purports to be tolerant of people of all shapes or sizes?

13. cement85

cement85 Member

Me: Girl, age 22 - Naturist for 3 years.

Subject: Public Erection.

I had my first naturist beach experience 3 years ago, in Germany.
    And I just have to be honest and say; The reason I started was to be able to watch naked boys ! Almost everybody says that it about 'freedom' and 'avoiding wet swim suits' and so on. But I think (and I have quite a lot of female naturist friends who say the same) that most people start because this is an easy way of observing naked people.
    I also have to admit that after having visited a few beaches and unisex saunas I am much more relaxed when it comes to nudity. I don't stare anymore..
    Enough about that.

About erections; First of all I have to say that I think an erection is the most basic and beautiful thing a man can present. I am a heterosexual girl and I love to watch erections ! Too bad that we don't see them that often.. Because we don't. During the last 3 years I have seen just 5 'public' ones. And 3 of them were disgusting, old, men. The other 2 were a 16-17 old boy on a beach in Spain and a boy of my own age in a unisex sauna in Amsterdam. Both beautiful big boys.
    So I would welcome more public erections as long as they were fitted on young, handsome boys/men...
    I say this with a little humour - I know that we cannot have erection competitions on our beaches.. And I understand that people who want to show off must be thrown out.

L. - April 85.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  14. masanti

masanti Member

What would be wrong with an erection competition? Why not start your own and you be the MC?

15. cement85

cement85 Member

Hah hah hah !!

In fact you gave me a good laugh now !
    I don't think it is realistic but if it was I could very well arrange such a competition.. Especially if the competitors were between 16 and 25.. I would NOT allow dirty old sauna guys to participate.

And to continue the joking - then I would be the one who picked the competitors and of course I had to check their equipment one by one first to make sure that they had the right dimensions for the competition. And to be very honest, I wouldn't mind at all !

----

Joking ends here.

----

I don't know really why I am that incedibly interested in erections. We know the reason that boys are able to get an erection so it's maybe as simple as that. (To make new human beings we need erections and girls who are interested.).

Anyway, I am going to my favourite nude location in October, Amsterdam. The Sauna Deco used to be my No 1 choice but last time I had an almost creepy experience there. Normally there would be a variety of people there but this time I was the only young girl for about one hour. The others were old, single men (60+) and 1 couple with 2 kids. In one of the saunas there were 8 men together with a 22 year old girl (me). And I know for sure who enjoyed that situation.

After a while 4 Dutch boys came and saved my day. They were about 15-16 but at least two of them were 'grown up' - in every respect of the word. I placed myself next to them and started talking - and they were very nice, really. A little bit young for a one-night-stand for me (and my boyfriend was waiting at home..) but in a year or two..
    And as always I tried to figure out how their equipments would look 'in an upright position'...

Take care boys !

L.
    Female

16. masanti

masanti Member

What's not realistic about it? If you run it in the privacy of your own home and there is no exchange of money, it's perfectly legal. I don't know where you live, but I doubt you would have trouble finding guys to do that. You might end up with a bunch of gay guys, but it sounds as if that wouldn't bother you.

17. cement85

cement85 Member

Well, maybe it's worth trying...
    It's the erection itself that I fancy - it doesn't matter if the guys are straight or gay. (And I don't intend to have sex with them !).

But do you really think that a lot of guys would be willing to show me their tools 'in an upright position' ? While being watched by other guys ???

I live in London so the potential should be quite a few million tools ...
    But I don't think my boyfriend would love this competition in our apartement. I think I rather use a hotel suite if this develops into more than a fantasy...

Thank you anyway.

L.

18. JackBond

JackBond Member

I don't know why, myself.
    But as soon as I'm naked and there's a possibility of someone seeing me, I get an automatic erection. 'Course, in my case it's pretty hard to notice, (Is that a good thing or a bad thing?) but I would never be able to stop it if I tried. Maybe that masterbation thing would work. It wasn't really my question, but it was the exact answer I was looking for.

And lol, cement. It's cool that you talk about that so casually. I'd freak out about sounding too obsessed with sex.

19. nextGENERATIONhippie

nextGENERATIONhippie Member

why do u tihnk guys wouldnt be interested? I wouldnt have a problem with it

20. ferndaddy

ferndaddy Member

"But do you really think that a lot of guys would be willing to show me their tools 'in an upright position' ? While being watched by other guys ???"

I love this thread! I'll have to agree with some of the guys on this one....doesn't matter who looks I say. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had an erection in front of another guy and just sorta looked away when he noticed....and I'm hetero....no worries there! That would be an interesting contest for sure ..heh heh