to all wondering how those homeschooled kids end up...

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by KoreDemeter, Jun 21, 2007.

1. taw

taw Member

I meant that the whole school system and enviroment is not for me.First of all,I think kids should not follow a program.Because not everyone wants to learn the same things nor at the same rhytm.My freedom is something very important for me.If I do something,I´ll do it because I want to,if I feel Im being forced to do something,I simply wont do it.Mainly because I would not do it right.I think everyone should make their very own school program,learn the things they really want to learn and at the speed they want to.

2. Valdis

Valdis Member

Thanks for explaining further.

3. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Homeschool has worked for just as many people as it hasn't. And just as many have had a hard time of it as haven't. Some people just weren't meant to homeschool and end up ruining their kids lives. And some actually do it right. I take offense to your laughing just because you can't relate to some people's experiences and just because you did it "right".

4. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

different strokes for different folks.

5. Valdis

Valdis Member

I'm sorry you took offense where none was meant.

I'd also say that what you have posted about home schooling may or may not be true as there are no statistics that just as many have had it work as haven't. I would like to see a real study of this done.

I understand you were hurt and this is making you very touchy about the topic.

I wasn't laughing at anyone. You can believe that or not as you wish.

I'd also say public schooling clearly does not work for many. There may be no perfect answer.

6. Valdis

Valdis Member

Agreed!

7. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

I was homeschooled since first grade. I started college at 16, and am still there at 23 now. I have a little trouble, mostly because I want to study more than the college is willing to teach and none of my profs are willing to just LET ME LEARN. They prefer to teach, and like the students to hang on every word. I do my thing, and use them as study aids. They don't like that, I don't know why. I'm so close to just getting my first bachelors' degree and homeschooling my own ass for the rest of my studies.

I do have problems with religious homeschooling. In the fields of science and social studies, I got pretty crippled by the whole Christian 7-day thing. I'm now starting completely clean in the sciences. Yucky. I like that I was given the ability to study on my own, though. So many don't know how.

I'm lucky. My fiance afterschooled himself K-12, and he's as adamant as I am to homeschool our offspring. . . secularly. ;P

8. Valdis

Valdis Member

Homeschooling college is a big thing right now for the reasons you stated.