Ganja Weed And Salvia Together

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Silverbackman, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

First off, I like to say that I smoked Salvia for the first time like an hour ago. It was very strange and nothing what I expected. I expected a psychedelic trip or at least something similar. Instead I had no visuals or auditories. No special scents (except the Salvia). The only thing that was trippy occured while I was smoking and a couple minuets following. I felt like something grabbed my right arm and was trying to pull me to somewhere in school......even though I don't go to school (but I felt like I was like reliving a childhood memory). It was interesting but not that stimulating. I barelly felt intoxicated.......or maybe I was. When I went to my bed I felt an overwhelming feeling of boredom and a diminished ability to imagine. What happened? And then I became very sleepy and hungary.....I almost past out despite the fact that I just woke up from a 15 hour sleep! I felt some disphoria too.

Now it is an hour later and I have just smoked some ganja. I was sure the effects of Salvia worn off by then.......but now this ganja high feels different. Not sure whether that is just the weed playing tricks on me (I'm pretty sure it is) but oh well. Seems like this high has giving me better expansion of the senses along with some anxiety.This led me to make this thread!

How is mixing ganja and salvia? What if you put some weed on your salvia bowl.....what would happen? Does it make the effects more euphoric and does it will it actually make salvia work properly? Will smoking salvia while stoned lead to a diminished effect or will it make the effects more intense? What about smoking weed during the salvia trip (which wouldn't be hard to so because salvia has almost no effect one me it seems, or lasts for a very short time). Or maybe I didn't do it right (who knows?).

One thing is for sure, this ganja high feels different than usual (at least I think).

2. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

Very interesting. My brother smoked salvia the other night and followed it with weed an also stated that the experience was different- i'll have to ask him why, but he certainly said it was different. That same night, differently from my bro., i smoked sal. after some ganja and the sal experience was much different- i felt like i was in a trance and it was open eye- VERY trippy. It's not known if weed and salvia are synergistic and work together to create a "greater" high, but mixing the herbs certainly produces a different high and im sure different strains of ganja would also create different effects, when mixed with sal, than others (for example white widow and sal vs. northern lights and sal.). It'll be fun to find out!

3. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Very interesting indeed. Salvia is well known for its "pulling" sensation when it first hits. Deja Vu is also described commonly as well. I find that it takes me far into a different land where everything I know creates it or is at least intertwined. Thanks for sharing the experience with us, maybe it will revealed more in the future!

4. Ynef

Ynef Member

lol. today i took my 5x leftovers and mixed it with pretty much powdered skunk. I think there was about 60-75% of salvia and the rest was this powdered skunk.

Haven't smoked it yet. It's waiting for the "right time". I think it's going to be cool :D Will let you know for sure if my trip is different from the regular weed smoking.

5. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I LIVE for that "pulling" sensation...I find it to be by far one of the most comforting sensations available in this life, on this planet, in this realm of existance. I think salvia makes the user extremely thoughtful and the physical effects alone are simply amazing. Another common feeling produced soon after smoking is the feeling of "a thousand tounges licking the brain" this is a truly sensational experience and I see it as a similar action as washing clothes with a washboard, just wiping away the ego and all worries and transgressions.

BUT...to get back to the thread- I've smoked salvia both before and after smoking weed and I would certainly recommend this to anyone. In my experiences, if you smoke salvia before the weed you will of course get the full benefit of it and then when the marijuana high sets in it seems to be extremely calming and natural. I sometimes get anxiety and stress and find that salvia is far more calming than marijuana, in terms of where it directs your thoughts. I think smoking MJ can sometimes cause one to expound upon negative thoughts, while SD will only expell such notions, replacing them with physical and mental sensations that appear to be unreal yet comforting and oddly nostalgic. Smoking salvia before weed will erase any anxiety or at least reduce it and ensure you to have a very calming trip once the THC sets in. I think SOME would find these effects to be slightly subdued, as you will not be as rockkkkked as you might have been smoking weed alone...but you get the benefit of having a great high on the salvia and a very calming experience with mary jane.

If you smoke the salvia AFTER the weed sets in (I'd recommend about 45 mins. in) it seems to produce an extremely VISUAL trip that literally sends your mind scanning and exploring and drawing in odd pictures and sounds and connecting dots and discovering burried beliefs and feelings. It seems to serve as an aid, allowing you to further crack the surface of the mind and essentially allows you to really break free for a point in time...my experience was mind blowing and lasted for a very long time (I could only describe it as a lucid trace.)

Sorry for the lengthy post, I just feel passionate about this subject. I would recommend doing 3 things if you have salvia and weed, and that would be exploring all three combos. 1(alone) 2(weed before salvia) 3(salvia before weed). You will find that all three are extreeeeeeeeeeemely different.

Enjoy and BE CAREFUL...don't over do it and above all else...respect the plant!

Peace.

6. kkmadd123

kkmadd123 Guest

if salvia doesnt work you know youre supposed to keep it in your lungs for like 25-30 seconds

7. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

I find tobacco is a much better pair for salvia than marijuana.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ecstasy is the best with salvia, how does a noob Necro a thread like this??? Search function?

9. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Google

10. WinterWizard

WinterWizard Guest

"What if you put some weed on your salvia bowl.....what would happen? Does it make the effects more euphoric and does it will it actually make salvia work properly?"

There is no "proper" way that salvia works. Don't expect anything or use salvia to simply get "messed up" or "trip balls." Pay it some respect and maybe it will do the same to you.

11. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

There is a proper way to burn salvia, and marijuana does not burn in that proper way.

Unless its like shake.

12. the tourist

the tourist Member

weed, salvia.... there's a strange link between these two.

since i broke through on salvia, some of my strongest weed trips were mentally devastating (couldn't find a better word, "devastating" is too strong, but w/e). lost memories from the salvia trips arose, i had a strange "in between" feeling and lots of anxiety. never had an uncomfortable weed trip before.

in the strongest of these "flashbacks", my perception about the universe and myself was drastically shifted, but not like in a salvia trip, i was conscious and aware, i just had profound and overwhelming insights about things that i don't even know how to explain and i'd never stop to think about if i hadn't experienced a breakthrough. i never was the same again after this flashback, it was so salvia-like that i almost felt the pulling. since then, i feel a bit paranoid when i start to think about what i really am, it's not a very comfortable feeling.

13. kkmadd123

kkmadd123 Guest

what if u smoked weed then right after smoked salvia

14. Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide Senior Member

dead on - the memories of my salvia experiences come back to me strongly when high on weed. I was also able to remember my experiences in much more shocking detail after months had gone by.

I don't understand how anyone could enjoy the sensations you 'become' on salvia - if you do then I'm extremely jealous. getting ripped apart and becoming a wall is something that sounds a lot cooler on paper than it really is...

15. the tourist

the tourist Member

i don't enjoy what happens on salvia at all, i broke through three times so far and they were the most despairing experiences of my life. that's why i don't use salvia for a long time, but i definitely believe i'll do it again someday. it overwhelms me, it makes me extremely curious. after what i've gone through, it's very hard to convince myself that it's just a drug, it's hard to accept that it's just my head and not something else. damn, i wanted to understand what the fuck is this so much...

the "flashbacky" weed trips are far from enjoyable too. they're pretty uncomfortable "mini mindfucks" that carry a weird dissociative character.

16. drupper666

drupper666 Guest

I would say that salvia and tobacco is the best combination. I feel weed gives salvia a completely different experience. unfortunately for myself when i smoke weed normally i regress..... so salvia makes this worse. Of course with most hallucinogenic drugs things are individualistic, like each trip...

17. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

I've never enjoyed weed more than after my trip through salvia land, it's like the weed brings me to a point of just feeling the beginnings of the sally trip without all of the terror that I relate to one.