• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SLAMDNK123

SLAMDNK123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted June 18 2007 - 06:18 PM

Today I got prescribed to Cheratussin AC Syrup, which contains guaifenesin (an expectorant) and codeine.

How much codeine (mg) would I need to take to get a similar feeling to 20-30mg of hydrocodone? I've got cough syrup before that was a hydrocodone/guaifenesin combination and had great results, but I've never had the codeine kind. I'll figure out how many mL of this contains how much codeine first of course.

Edit: Sorry, just realized I put this in the wrong forum.

#2 ghost of rat

ghost of rat

• 1,288 posts

Posted June 18 2007 - 08:01 PM

the dosage for codeine is between, depending on weight and tolerance:
30-60 pain relief
60-100 mild, its best to start low,also to make sure your not allergic
100-200 common dose
200+ high dose.
Most people take around 170mg

However!!... dont take Gaufinessen it will make you sick and you will shit your guts out.

#3 SLAMDNK123

SLAMDNK123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted June 18 2007 - 08:04 PM

Looks like I'll be using this for pain relief then...the amount of guaifenesin I'd have to take for 100-200 would definitely make me sick. The hydrocodone syrup worked much better...

#4 hippy i am

hippy i am

poppy seed bagels

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted July 24 2007 - 06:31 AM

I used to get Histex when I had the flu. Which, and correct me of I'm wrong, is a codeine-based cough syrup. I loved that stuff. I took that when I was 12 for the first time when I had the flu, and my mom accidently gave me two tablespoons too many and I was 12, so you know, it hit me really hard. Now, I take like 6 Tablespoons of that stuff, if I have it. My mom got smart and stop getting it from the Pharmacy. Bitch.

on a lovely dose of fucked up.

Posted Image

#5 hippy i am

hippy i am

poppy seed bagels

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted July 24 2007 - 06:32 AM

But Tylenol #3? Which has codeine in it. Duuude, I love this stuff. And I could eat about seven of them and just be in wonderful bliss for a really long time.

on a lovely dose of fucked up.

Posted Image