Codeine High?

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by SLAMDNK123, Jun 18, 2007.

1. SLAMDNK123

SLAMDNK123 Member

Today I got prescribed to Cheratussin AC Syrup, which contains guaifenesin (an expectorant) and codeine.

How much codeine (mg) would I need to take to get a similar feeling to 20-30mg of hydrocodone? I've got cough syrup before that was a hydrocodone/guaifenesin combination and had great results, but I've never had the codeine kind. I'll figure out how many mL of this contains how much codeine first of course.

Edit: Sorry, just realized I put this in the wrong forum.

2. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

the dosage for codeine is between, depending on weight and tolerance:
    30-60 pain relief
    60-100 mild, its best to start low,also to make sure your not allergic
    100-200 common dose
    200+ high dose.
    Most people take around 170mg

However!!... dont take Gaufinessen it will make you sick and you will shit your guts out.

3. SLAMDNK123

SLAMDNK123 Member

Looks like I'll be using this for pain relief then...the amount of guaifenesin I'd have to take for 100-200 would definitely make me sick. The hydrocodone syrup worked much better...

4. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

I used to get Histex when I had the flu. Which, and correct me of I'm wrong, is a codeine-based cough syrup. I loved that stuff. I took that when I was 12 for the first time when I had the flu, and my mom accidently gave me two tablespoons too many and I was 12, so you know, it hit me really hard. Now, I take like 6 Tablespoons of that stuff, if I have it. My mom got smart and stop getting it from the Pharmacy. Bitch.

5. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

But Tylenol #3? Which has codeine in it. Duuude, I love this stuff. And I could eat about seven of them and just be in wonderful bliss for a really long time.