Normal pain?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Weaveworld, May 2, 2007.

1. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

Is it normal to hurt everyday?
    I've been in two car accidents in my life, & always had physical work.

Thing is, I'm always in pain. It shifts areas during the course of my week. My neck will be pinched, then my lower back, around the spine in the middle, then shoulders, & shoulderblades...My butt even cramps up..
    I crack my neck about ten times a day. My body sounds like rice cripies.
    I don't have pain free days anymore.
    I have a very physical job.
    I've started to take painkillers again, because I can't get all the things done that I want to without them. I zip around work, then feel like I've been run over after...
    No healthcare. What to do...?

:nopity: Ok, things could be much, much worse. I know that. I have friends in worse shape, they are on welfare.
    I've kept my sense of humor. But, I have no gage for how much pain is too much..?
    We will be trying to get healthcare soon, & I'd like to continue my education.

Anybody got any thoughts, experiences to share?

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

No, it's not normal to feel pain every day..... talk to your doctor?

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

yoga?

i'm in pain most days.. but it's from migraines. i notice if i'm lazy and don't exercise i hurt more.

i don't like to take pain meds.. but i do take herbs for migraines ..sometimes, when i remember or the pain gets unbearable.

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah the more active I am and the healthier I ate the less pain I have in general.

5. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

Thanks you guys!

I had an MRI over a year ago..They said it was a severely bruised spine & whiplash from an accident I was in. But, I was honestly hoping for more explanations than that because I was already in rough shape.
    I had six months on unemployment. It's now been two years since the accident...
    I might be able to get health insurance through my boyfriend's job, but my job doesn't offer insurance. I thought they did when I got hired. (those bastards)

Part of the problem... unlike a broken bone or something..I am in great shape for my age.. You can't SEE the pain I'm in. Doesn't help my credibility any.
    I got tested for autoimmune diseases as well & came up clean.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i've got a perpetual soreness and frequent headaches and migraines. i've noticed, though, as i've changed up my diet my body is having an easier time of dealing with healing. i've hardly had any migraines lately, and getting a memory foam matress has REALLY helped my sleep and body aches.

7. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

What did you change your diet too?

I've been eating less inflammatory foods, less pasta and stuff..

8. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

I'd like to know more about your diet.. I have had migraines since I was about 5 years old and I went through a very rough patch were I was trying everything I could.. different pain meds... MRI's... cat scans.. even some shots of steroids to the back of my head but nothing helped.... gradually I just started to become numb to the pain... and for people who don't understand try having a headache for over nine months with no release then you might get it
    I started meditating and focusing on distracting myself from the pain whenever it became really really bad I would focus on my children and I just kept reminding myself that I didn't have time to be sick.. that they were growing up much too fast for me to take a break to lay in a dark room... so now I am really lucky that most of it seems to have passed.. now I live with constant mild pain but heck it's nothing compared to how it use to be....

I wish you the best of luck and maybe with a change of diet and some stretching/meditating you might find your pain a little easier to deal with... I hope anyways :)

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, i addressed a whole slew of things. i eliminated all processed foods, greatly reduced my grains consumption, i eat primarily raw fruits and vegetables and organic meats, which has also been hugely reduced in quantity. but to be honest, having my blood pressure dealt with medically (my kidneys are 'overfunctioning' if you will) helped very much. figuring out my triggers, like chocolate, wine, sugar, cinnamon, tension headaches really helped, too. i can't remember where the webpage is, but there's a journalling technique that walks you right through the food eliminations in order of likelihood of causing triggering the migraines. getting rid of my tension headaches was primarily done by buying the memory foam mattress topper and a good pillow. i had to get one for side-sleepers (expensive, but a godsend) and putting myself on a gentler schedule.

10. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

nice... yea as I said I'm lucky that the worst of it is gone but I don't think that a lil tweak to my diet would hurt at all :)

11. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

I had a nasty tension headaches for about a year. The back of my skull used to feel like it was burning.
    Grateful those're gone. It's very hard not to get short, & ill tempered when you hurt like that all the time.
    I hope you both continue to improve.

12. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Wow, you've been through a lot and no wonder you're in pain. Maybe for fatigue your iron levels? I have anemia and before I found out I was sooooooo tired all the time. I would sleep at work-everyday!

13. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

Car wrecks suck. I was in a small one and tore a muscle in my back... a year later and I still haven't fully recoverd (I don't think the kids help it out much either) from it. I'm sure the only thing they can do is give me pain meds... but I hate taking pills...

I've noticed lately I've had a lot of problems with pain in my lower back and i'm not sure if it's the start of a kindey infection or something. I'm too young for this kinda crap.

14. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I'm also anemic... but I haven't seen a doctor about it in over a year... what kinds of food did they tell you to eat? I have the same problem with being tired ALL the time and staying cold contantly.

15. broony

broony Banned

I know what ya mean when you say the pain shifts. I wake up two days ago my left knee hurts. Before it was my wrists and feet. Physical work sucks and iv been doing it my entire life thus far. Graduating college will be so nice. -.-

I dont think you need to be in that much pain. Maybe there is some way you can get free money . haha

16. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I took these and they were great. Every other supplement made me so constipated and didn't change my levels. All the b vitamins in this gave me tons of energy too. Just start with one and then gradually move up or your system will go crazy. I swear these are awesome and made me feel back to my old self.

http://www.iherb.com/store/productdetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=MGF-10195&utm_source=shc&utm_medium=c&ppnshpng

17. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

You need an iron pill for anemia.

I hope your back improves.