I hate America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FoxxxY, Apr 17, 2007.

1. dodger988

dodger988 Member

America sucks right now. It's far from what it's founders envisioned it to be. We need to return to the goodwill that once existed. However, theres so much potential here. Theres so many people who really do care. They may be hidden or even in denial but they still care. America just need someone new. Someone like JFK to inspire us.

2. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

doesn't sound like you've been here very long.....of course compared to amsterdam of all places the USA's gonna seem less than appealing, but I love it here. You just have to pick the right place. Plus, us Americans don't really find it attractive when a foreigner starts talkin their shit about us. Maybe try being nice or something? ppl tend to like that...

3. broony

broony Banned

You dont know shit about our country to say something like that. I am damn proud to be raised in America and to say we are horrible people? Man fuck you and for everything you think your worth. I dont give a fuck what you say, dont come back to our country. Yea im an asshole but with comments like these i have every reason to be.

4. elfqueenofrohan

elfqueenofrohan Member

omg what is up with everyone?!?!?!!?

responding rudely and taking everything personally is TOTALLY the way to defeat racism isn't it.... :leaving:

5. c j

c j Member

I'm an american living overseas...and have a pretty good read on the situation.

Sure there are some who don't like americans (a handful of guys typically)...but most people do like the american people. Most are not happy with the government. It has nothing to do with people being 'cool' for bashing the US.

You have to remember what has occurred over the last 6 years and the kind of treatment many countries got from the administration after these other countries said things like...we're all americans now. The administration for a period of time, walked out on a large number of negotiations.

Frankly imo its not too dissimilar to many americans who have a blanket dislike of Muslims. In both cases, its sad. So you just work to bring peoples together.

6. brainstew

brainstew Member

There are some rude people in America but I don't think just because over a week you met some pretty nasty people in one place that America, offically sucks. Look at the BIG population of hippies in America, on this site. I'm sure you'll find a nice place. May I suggest Hersy county, PA. They have Hersyland, although I'm vegan and I don't care, i'm sure you could have fun there.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Um, no dear. Hershey PA is redneck and tourista central. Bad idea. Northern California or Oregon would be better choices. There are pretty chill places in Philly too. Center City I think?

8. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

south street, although it's gone kind of commercial.

9. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

my dad is the stereotypical loud, brash american man. but he's spent more than half his life overseas. people ADORE him. he's a great man, he's like a walking movie. never a greater soul have i met. he's a classic. but he's also an english professor who speaks multiple languages (badly, but it charms people) and has never met a stranger.

10. mamaKCita

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!. nice.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

12. charmcityhippie

charmcityhippie Member

i was born in america, but have lived in europe, so i do see both sides of the argument. but how long have you actually been in america, love? how far have you travelled, who have you talked to?
    really, we're not all bad. you're welcome to come stay with me if you want to meet some nice friendly hippies.

13. jwalk4bama

jwalk4bama Member

well america-and it pains me to say- is really harsh and makes ppl want to leave... i mean ive only been alive for 15 years and i really dont like it but just make the best out of it there are good people here u just gotta find them

14. mamaKCita

everyone is too harsh to a 14 year old. it's part of your hazing process.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't hate any country, just don't love what this one's forign policies are doing to a lot of other places, and even domesticly to itself.

i don't see how anybody can claim to be proud of it though. not until it stops demonizing everything that refuses to kiss the ass of little green pieces of paper, and starts remembering how to do anything besides destroy.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. mrslindso

mrslindso Member

You should probably look into getting spell check on your computer. If you're going to bash someone about their OPINIONS then at least spell correctly. Now I am not sure if you know what an opinion is ... but here's the definition of it anyway: 1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. 2.a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

That is all I have to say about this post. Thanks.

17. mrslindso

mrslindso Member

You know ... I have to agree with you. However, how did we get like this? By letting illegals come in without doing the proper steps to become a US citizen. It's absolutely retarded how this country lets these people in. And the people who are supposed to have a say in the matter (the REAL citizens) get shit on. No one listens to us ... it's terrible.

18. mrslindso

mrslindso Member

Okay ... let me break it down for you all.

We're in America ... correct? I mean with the exception of a few here.

We are a country who has had to learn how to handle MANY differnt types of situations. Such as keeping up with China on the industry of everything. We can't compete with them, but we're trying.

We have also outsourced too many damn jobs ... when I'm trying to figure out how I can take care of my JC Penny's card ... i would really like to speak with someone who has an English accent ... not Pakistani. It's quite irritating, all I hear is *click click* *blah blah* ugh!!

Here in Vegas, Mexicans are a problem. I say problem because when I order McDonald's and the bitch doesn't know English...we have a problem. When I'm driving down the freeway and the person in front of me has either none or only one taillight working ... 90% of the time it's a fucking Mexican ... who either one; doesn't have any fucking plates or two; their plates are expired. You know why they don't have current plates? Because they're stupid and can't speak english and are probably illegal. (Excuse my language)

We are also a face paced world now. Cell phones and faster ways to get things done. If we don't have the fastest internet we get pissed because the page takes an extra 10 seconds to load as opposed to the 3 seconds on the faster one.

I know a lot of rude people ... and not just in Vegas. I am originally from Milwaukee Wisconsin...and sure it's a slower paced environment, but there are still your stupid retards who think that the world evolves around them. It's gay (no offense).

Anyway I kind of lost where I was going with this...I guess I just wanted to get my opinion out there on a few things. Feel free to discuss/debate/argue...whichever is your style.

Thanks for reading,
    Lindsay

19. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

America sucks because of all the total control of the population by the government. THe people are so mean because of what Christianity teaches and how we're supposed to "Hate" other people because they're different.

BUT - There's some really loving people here :) They're the ones who don't believe in the lies and propaganda put out by the society!

20. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Amsterdam is the mother city of New York. (Neue Amsterdam) we share the same blue and orange colors and share similar outlooks of tolerance, freedom and world trade and commerce.
    We look back to William The Silent who led his people against Haspburg hegemony and to William of Orange who built the coalition against Louis IV.
    these are our ancestors too.........
    New York IS Fun City