I hate America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FoxxxY, Apr 17, 2007.

1. sunnycynic

sunnycynic Member

wow...you probably really convinced this guy that america has nice people. that kind of superiority and hatefulness is what makes america hated. how does someone's sexuality hurt, affect, or threaten YOU?

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

He was a troll, sunny. It's his job to be hateful. He wasbanned fiarly quickly. No worries.

3. shockseventyfour

shockseventyfour Member

americas awesome. Even if you don't agree with the current administration and there policies. Theres a great diversity to America that you won't see in lots of places.

4. sunnycynic

sunnycynic Member

good. he should be banned. free speech should be used responsibly, that means not hurting people with it. i agree that america's diversity is one thing that makes it pretty cool. if you get tired of one region of the country, move to another and it'll be a pretty different experience. we are too fat, lazy, and self-indulgent, though, but noone's perfect.

5. -moonshine-memi-

-moonshine-memi- Member

america is annoying so amen to this thread.
    i went over to the usa for a couple of months and it was one of those times were i thought thank god i am going home. i dont wanna raise my kids in america i dont wan to go to america and i dont want to have anything to do with america. as a whole and individuals its the most selfish and proud nation i know.
    america needs to snap out of the pipedream and smell the roses.

sorry i dont mean to target the americans here there are exceptions in every argument. some of america is quite nice and the people are oka.

6. sentient

sentient Senior Member

They wanted us to go
    to new york shitty
    but the man at the embassy
    said "oh, what a pity!"
    "we know all the things you've done in the past
    but never mind son...carry on smokin the grass"

they didn't want us in the usa
    we didn't wanna go there anyway
    they don't want us in the u s of a

our manager said to us
    "what's all the fuss?!"
    we said we don't know
    but they wont let us go
    what could you do to make them do this to you
    i don't know boss!
    have a little puff on the grass

the telephone started to ring
    ask them what's happening
    my boss said I don't know
    but I said they wont let us go!
    we don't care what you think of us
    this is were we live!
    So stick America up your ass!

7. vhfguy

vhfguy Member

hey... be easy on Foxxxy.

One nice thing of the Netherlands (which also has issues!) is its innocence. In the US, too, the nicest people are always either innocents or very well-informed educated people. In between, you get a lot of mean people.

And when you travel, you can easily get to see the worst side of things. How about we all ask people like Foxxy how we can help? The USA has a lot to offer (I have comparison material... I am Dutch Canadian and have worked in 31 countries worldwide and lived in quite a few of them). Let's help visitors along and show them where the nice things and kind people are.

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

So... you're saying that the problem with sentient, boss hogg, Sheriff Buford here, is that they can be categorized somewhere between mindless and less than properly educated?

I'll buy that.

9. danucal

danucal Member

Does nobody assume it may possibly be they themselves with the problem? Are you afraid to take responsiblity for at least part of the problem? Were you really so well liked back in your own country, or did you struggle to get along there too? I guess it's easier to push the problem off on others than to take a look at yourself. I'd do what drumminmama said, and go out and see the world before making rash judgments. Educate yourself about American life by living it..then you can make a reasonable and well-thought out estimation of it. You may still not like it, but I doubt you'll be so vehemently against it. But honestly right now you seem like a petulant child.

10. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

.......SHAM 69

11. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Isn't this the same as saying
    "All Jews are a certain way"
    Or all Mexicans are such and such"?

(I'm assuming you havn't met each and every American)

12. elfqueenofrohan

elfqueenofrohan Member

while that's true... it's not completely accurate. where people are born does affect how they turn out, because of upbringing, culture, education etc.

As for America, I've only been there once (New York) and most people did come across cold and unfriendly, but I certainly couldn't judge the whole country, which is pretty damn big after-all, from that.
    Plus, I went at the beginning of 2002, when the city was still in upheaval and trying to recover...
    Different cities have totally different atmospheres - even different areas of cities have different levels of friendliness - but I find if you just smile or say good morning to people, they will generally return the favour. People want to be friendly and nice, you've just got to give them the chance!

13. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

good on yer man ........:spliff: .......while we divide each other THE SYSTEM LAUGHS ITS BOLLOCKS OFF AND BEFORE WE KNOW IT WERE UNDER A FASCIST DICTATORSHIP .........DIVIDE AND RULE .........RULE WHAT MAN ?.......we all have a short time on this earth in physical bodies we should all spread peace and love it aint about division its about sharing.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't have to hate anything to not love the policy, both forign and domestic, of demonizing everything that doesn't kiss the ass of little green pieces of paper.

it also botheres me that we should still have to refer to the western hemisphere by the name of an italian map maker who never saw the place. and i don't have anything against italy either.

i aggree that all superpower governments are superfelous.

"welfare" (in the broadest sense of the word) is the reason villages were invented.
    infrastructure is the reason nations were.
    preventing people from realizing that welfare and infrastructure are the only things any nation (or any other form of hierarchy) is ever any good for is the reason wars were invented.

one american "leader" has launched a series of totaly self serving wars in our own time and continues to do so. and all of us (in america) are idiots to keep creating a market for the economic interests behind him and his doing so. but it is a kind of idiocity that is familiar and momentum driven, even if it is begining to have resaults, even domesticly, which were once not only unforseen but not widely considered possible.

ignorance they say, IS cureable, dispite the most massive internal misinformation campaign in much if not all of human history.

i don't blame anyone for hating a country that seems to have forgotten how to do anything besides destroy everything, and con, coerce and bully, everyone else into doing the same thing.

i just think, hope and believe, and always want to, that there is more that can be done besides finger pointing and hatered.

the rest of the world could and needs to isolate america even more, avoid doing any sort of bussiness with it, and call in whatever debts it has accrued. i do know that america continues to float its currency by barrowing heavily from forign markets. this may provide one aspect of a means of pulling the rug out from under its military adventurism.

i want to see the organized crime that is running america now go away, but WITHOUT a lot of killing or suffering or dying. recognizing and understanding though, how much it is responsible for elsewhere.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

It's not hard to see why the world hates us, when we're this massive alpha lion, a greedy overstuffed individual who pushes the rest of the pack out of the way of the hunt (that they brought down) and leaves the world with what remains of the carcass.

And just like that hypothetically greedy alpha male lion, what service are we providing? We laze around all day, complacent and content with our size and strength while the lionesses face the dangers and strain of the hunt. We do chase off the hyenas and other competition that threaten our existence (but what of their needs?) and get the pride out of sticky situations, but do we really need this much more sustenance than the rest?

Can't we divide our resources up more fairly, so that the starving do not perish and the wealthy do not suffocate in their own excesses? We're to bloated too be healthy, we're not even doing ourselves any good! Even from a self centered standpoint we'd be happier with owning less and giving me. Share the wealth, and the whole pack will be stronger, wiser, better able to help us all take on any challenges that threaten to strike us down.

But we're not lions you say? Exactly. So it's time we stop living like them FOR ONCE. Give to our weak, support them. Let them become strong.

Don't just hate America because everyone is doing it. Try to empathize with us, understand our unfortunate condition. It's so easy for any country that is at the top to become the alpha lion. Finally realize that we are suffering too, drowning in our own ignorances and excesses.

16. broony

broony Banned

I look at all sorts of things about other countries that i dont agree with. Does that make me hate that country? No its doesnt, but when i hear so many people bashing on our country it really makes me think. Did your parents drill into your head bullshit that you think you know? Anyone critizing another persons country when they were not raised in it really irrates me. You cant possibly fully understand a country when you were not raised in it. I have a question for some people here. What if you lived in a country that accepted people from all around the world such as the US. Then get bashed on for damn near everything you do. Its annoying as hell. The US is a great place. From what some people have said in this forum they dont know anything about our country. Get out if you have a problem, or dont come here in the first place. I dont want people bashing Americans then come to out country. Yet it happens everyday.

17. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Suck my American ass.

and no there isnt, were all pissed.

18. elfqueenofrohan

elfqueenofrohan Member

On the other hand, Foxxxy IS actually entitled to an opinion. There isn't some unspoken law which says she has to enjoy being in America ;)

19. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

LOLOLOL

20. HI-C

HI-C Member

If you do not like the United States, maybe you should go back to Amsterdam and bitch to the people there. This is a great Country and if you don’t like it here leave, you won’t be missed.