Dreads for sale

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by lazysunbird, Apr 15, 2007.

1. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

:)

In about 2 months time i am going to be shaving my head and thus loosing my natural 1 year old dreads.

I'd like to sell my dreadlocks once they've been cut off and donate the money.

So i'd like everyone's opinion.....

*Do you think anyone would want to buy them?

And

*How would i go about selling them (on the internet)?

Thankyou!

2. maereo

maereo Member

ebay? =P

think u will have a hard time selling them tough

3. erizoe

erizoe Member

Someone a while ago posted a link to someone selling their dreads on ebay. I think people who make wigs or something bought them..just a thought. Good luck =)

oh, why do you need to cut? =(

4. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

Oh cool...imagine my dreads as a wig haha.
    I was thinking maybe someone might want one to add to their dreads.
    Perhaps if the ebay thing doesn't work out i could give them away to people on here who might want to do that?

I don't exactly need to cut them off but i think it's time..it feels right. It also feels as though i'm holding alot of bad energy in them and they're kind of holding me back.
    Plus i want to do something drastic to get myself out of my comfort zone and kind of challenge myself. I like doing that.
    It will be an interesting experiment, to see how people react to me and if i get treated different because of the way i look.

I thought seeing as i'm going to get rid of them anyway i may as well generate some money for it to give to a good cause.
    That way other people can benefit from this too.

5. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i saw those ones on ebay through a link posted here at the hipforums and i think they sold for like $300!!! I would try that. Then if they don't sell, give them away to people who want them, or save them.

I want to collect baby dreadies from people i meet and sew them into my own dreads. I think it's a beautiful thing to do with someone you care about. :)

6. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

7. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

locks of love does not accept dreads.
    besides, the op said she wanted to donate any money she made to charity which i think is equally as nice.

8. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

With the money i make from selling my dreads (if people actually want to buy them) i'm going to donate to Animal Liberation.

The money i raise from shaving my head is going to go to a local centre for women who have been involved in domestic violence.

9. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

Wow $300!!! I'd be happy if they sold for $30!

Sewing other peoples dreads onto your own is a wonderful idea. If i were keeping mine for longer i'd do the same.
    If i ever get dreads again, which i'm pretty certain about, i'm going to do that!

10. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Besides not accepting dreads, locks of love *charges* for the wigs they make. So by donating to them, you aren't "donating them to a child with cancer", but in fact donating them to a company who will make a wearable wig out of it and SELL it to that child's family. Just so's you know... :)

11. KyndMama07

KyndMama07 Member

really??? Is there any place that doesn't charge for the wigs that you can donate to? This sucks.