10 replies to this topic

#1 lazysunbird

lazysunbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 02:14 AM

:)

In about 2 months time i am going to be shaving my head and thus loosing my natural 1 year old dreads.

I'd like to sell my dreadlocks once they've been cut off and donate the money.

So i'd like everyone's opinion.....

*Do you think anyone would want to buy them?

And

*How would i go about selling them (on the internet)?

Thankyou!
"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and i am in them and that is eternity"-E.M

Peace,Love,Happiness & Freedom! :)

#2 maereo

maereo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 03:00 AM

ebay? =P

think u will have a hard time selling them tough

#3 erizoe

erizoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 09:04 AM

Someone a while ago posted a link to someone selling their dreads on ebay. I think people who make wigs or something bought them..just a thought. Good luck =)

oh, why do you need to cut? =(
:devil:

#4 lazysunbird

lazysunbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 11:55 PM

Someone a while ago posted a link to someone selling their dreads on ebay. I think people who make wigs or something bought them..just a thought. Good luck =)

oh, why do you need to cut? =(

Oh cool...imagine my dreads as a wig haha.
I was thinking maybe someone might want one to add to their dreads.
Perhaps if the ebay thing doesn't work out i could give them away to people on here who might want to do that?

I don't exactly need to cut them off but i think it's time..it feels right. It also feels as though i'm holding alot of bad energy in them and they're kind of holding me back.
Plus i want to do something drastic to get myself out of my comfort zone and kind of challenge myself. I like doing that.
It will be an interesting experiment, to see how people react to me and if i get treated different because of the way i look.

I thought seeing as i'm going to get rid of them anyway i may as well generate some money for it to give to a good cause.
That way other people can benefit from this too.
"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and i am in them and that is eternity"-E.M

#5 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky

Tie Dyed Soul

• Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 07:45 AM

i saw those ones on ebay through a link posted here at the hipforums and i think they sold for like $300!!! I would try that. Then if they don't sell, give them away to people who want them, or save them.

I want to collect baby dreadies from people i meet and sew them into my own dreads. I think it's a beautiful thing to do with someone you care about. :)

For Now We Are Young, Let us Lay in the Sun

Posted Image

And Count Every Beautiful Thing We Can See...

#6 Guest_pixeewinged

Guest_pixeewinged
  • Guests

Posted April 16 2007 - 11:36 AM

i

#7 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky

Tie Dyed Soul

• Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 11:43 AM

locks of love does not accept dreads.
besides, the op said she wanted to donate any money she made to charity which i think is equally as nice.

For Now We Are Young, Let us Lay in the Sun

Posted Image

And Count Every Beautiful Thing We Can See...

#8 lazysunbird

lazysunbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 11:24 PM

With the money i make from selling my dreads (if people actually want to buy them) i'm going to donate to Animal Liberation.

The money i raise from shaving my head is going to go to a local centre for women who have been involved in domestic violence.

#9 lazysunbird

lazysunbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 11:26 PM

i saw those ones on ebay through a link posted here at the hipforums and i think they sold for like $300!!! I would try that. Then if they don't sell, give them away to people who want them, or save them.

I want to collect baby dreadies from people i meet and sew them into my own dreads. I think it's a beautiful thing to do with someone you care about. :)

Wow $300!!! I'd be happy if they sold for $30!

Sewing other peoples dreads onto your own is a wonderful idea. If i were keeping mine for longer i'd do the same.
If i ever get dreads again, which i'm pretty certain about, i'm going to do that!

#10 hummblebee

hummblebee

hipstertist.

• Members
  • 2,158 posts

Posted April 17 2007 - 04:54 AM

Besides not accepting dreads, locks of love *charges* for the wigs they make. So by donating to them, you aren't "donating them to a child with cancer", but in fact donating them to a company who will make a wearable wig out of it and SELL it to that child's family. Just so's you know... :)

Posted Image

we are all star matter
from the big bang
and love ain't far behind you
love ain't far behind

#11 KyndMama07

KyndMama07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted April 17 2007 - 06:01 AM

really??? Is there any place that doesn't charge for the wigs that you can donate to? This sucks.