Captain Zeep's New Album

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by Captain Zeep, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Captain Zeep

Captain Zeep Acoustic Hero

I am now releasing my first solo album. It is just me and my guitar, all acoustic, all original. It's a very mellow folk rock album that is great to chill out to. I have a myspace account where you can listen to 4 songs off of the album.

Click here for a sample: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=178919678

Anyone interested in purchasing a copy should PM me for details on how to order.

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this, and the album haha
    S

3. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Good sound brother, I really like it. I passed over this thread everyday for the past week without giving you a listen and now I feel like a pretentious ass.....I can also really identify with some of your lyrics, you should be proud man, great job!

To everyone else reading this thread, if you dig good acoustic folk give it a listen!

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Ive also been checking this thread out of pure interest. Soon as I can spare the 10 bills you know Im on that! Congrats on making it though, I always dream of releasing some of my stuff, right now Im only classical guitar solo and occaisional jams with a bluesy band and a noise rock band :)

5. Captain Zeep

Thanks for the good reviews everyone! Be sure to tell your friends. I've already started writing music for a second album (4 songs so far). It will most likely be a year before I'm ready to start recording it though. The CD release gig is hapening on May 5th at M&N Sandwitch Shop. It's a little New York Style deli in the hip part of town. I'll post the flyer just for kicks as soon as I get it scanned in.

Thanks for your interest everyone!
    Captain Zeep

6. Captain Zeep

Hello everyone, I am in the process of setting up a paypal account. It will be easier for everyone. I will update the original post when I have it set up.

7. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

did you realise you dont keep a strict rhythm, you let the times go out, sometimes as a lapse of timing over a few bars, but sometimes because you go to strum on the half beat and miss it then hit somewhere that just isnt keeping good rhythm. sometimes on a repeated refrain there are beats inserted that werent on the previous rendition. I dont know your sense of rhythm bothers me too much to be able to get past it to the words
    Strange really because most people cant play the chords properly but you really know how to screw a rhythm up.

Also ditch the hat - the guy from jameriquay wears a hat and they call him "the twat in the hat"

8. Captain Zeep

A second gig has been lined up and is happening at M&N Sandwhich again. It's happening this saturday (June 16th). I'm almost out of CD's now and have to put in a second order. The almost sold out at the may 5th show. If anyone wants one don't forget to let me know, the pay pal account is giving me problems so it's not available yet (a problem with the routing numbers I guess...).

I've been asked for two autographs since the show. It's kind of strange being recognised on the street by a total stranger and having them ask you to sign a piece of paper for them. I didn't know what to write, so what I did write sounded rather generic, I'm sure. I guess I should think of some things to write in case it happens again.

9. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Only classical guitar solo? If you can do classical guitar, how can you bring yourself to pollute the airwaves with 'noise rock'? I am a great fan of Giuliani, Carcassi, Sor and the rest.

10. Captain Zeep

Well, I'm almost out of CD's to sell. They sure went a lot faster than I thought they would. I only have one left so anyone who wants one should speak now or forever hold their peace (at least until the new order comes in). The production company that I'm with is currently moving. So the new CD order is slightly delayed. I've taken this oppertunity to redesign the cover. The new cover will be a tatoo that my best friend got on his arm. It is a retro version of the CZ rocket currently on the cover, but instead of a plain white background it is flying through a field of stars and planets. I'm also currently looking into some custom tye-dye silk screened shirts. If anyone knows of a good company or person to go through let me know. So far I'm having trouble finding a company that will tye-dye and silk screen a shirt. I can find folks that will do one but not both. I had a very successful gig last weekend for a big block party in town. I hope to be booking a couple gigs for august. The state fair is in town that month, so it will be a good oppertunity to take advantage of. Thanks for the kind words everyone, they are appreciated.

11. Captain Zeep

The new CD's are in so anyone who has been waiting can feel free to order one now.

12. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I'm anxiously waiting for mine. :)

13. timewarp

timewarp Member

That is cool....I'm always open to the new groovy stuff out there. I just stumbled in this forum so I didn't see your new album thing anywhere else. You did right to "broadvast" yourself and your album on Myspace.....Tom and the gang there have a hip thing going and I've found so many new bands and artists well worth looking into.
    Thanx.

Rob

14. timewarp

timewarp Member

DIG that CD cover......is that a rocket? Listening to Burning Bridges right now....sounds like Donovan meets Bob Dylan.

15. Captain Zeep

Thanks man, I'm glad you like the music. Yes, that is my "CZ Rocket" logo. If you would like to see more of the album art along with some concert photos you can look in my gallery. If you would like a CD let me know and I'll give you the mailing address.

:spam: ***Shameless Plug***:spam:
    If you order one of my CD's it comes with a CZ Rocket sticker.
    (Tell your friends!)

16. timewarp

timewarp Member

Thanx a lot for the info bro!!! KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!

17. soundstepper323

soundstepper323 Banned

It's nice man, really chill and laid back, nice work man

18. Captain Zeep

Well after being gone from here for almost a year I'm back. Things are going well. I'm playing a lot of shows and I'm getting ready to record a new album. I also have a deal going with a local shirt printer and local tye-dyer to make some custom shirts with the CZ rocket on them.