• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted April 10 2007 - 09:05 PM

Howdy: I am an older hippie chick living in Eastern Tennessee. Right now I am working at McDonalds. It sucks. Just got my nest emptied out of the last child. At 24 it was about time. I enjoy backpacking and gatherings and living on the road. But I would really love to settle down on a few acres and raise a garden and such. I love to travel though and have traveled cross country with just a backpack and my thumb. Got a lot of stuff that I need to store somewhere or find a home for if I should travel again. Don't drive. But I am a good navigator. I am into herbs and healing and various crafts. Like to whittle and carve. Taught myself computers and can build and repair them somewhat. Am into learning more. Ain't afraid of hard work. But prefer to work smarter not harder. I am looking for an older hippie dude who has left all the BS and games behind in his youth. Looking for someone to share those awesome moments in life and the daily grind with. Life is beautiful and joyous and I guess it is time I take some risks again. Just gotta get the rest of my son's stuff to him in NY and then I am footloose and fancy free. If you are interested please contact me.

Peace and the blessings of Mother Earth,

Cricketlind

#2 Headin South

Headin South

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • 38 posts

Posted April 11 2007 - 02:34 PM

Cricketlind... read my threads.... I AM the man you are looking for !! I sent you a PM so take a look please.

James
Prepare to be ENCHANTED !!.....

#3 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 03:16 PM

Well Mr Heading South: Why not head south to Tennessee for a day or two and we could meet. Since my job no longer interferes. Actually if I can find a place to store all my stuff, of which some of it is pretty cool and I would like to keep like my books and such. Lots of computer books and natural living types, I wouldn't mind heading north. But it is all just stuff. Can't take it with me when I am no longer part of this world of physicality. But it is sure handy to have while I am here. I can PM you my exact locale and directions. As well as a contact number. We will see if you are the man or not.

Cricket

#4 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 03:27 PM

My job no longer interferes because I no longer work at McDonald's. They decided to fire my sweet self. The manager who resembles a drill sargeant and acts like one got in my face accusing me of burning the biscuits which in fact were burnt but the ovens were screwy. They burnt the biscuits because the thermostat was going out. It had been acting up but too bad. It had burnt a bunch of product the night before on the night shift. Anyways, I not being anybody's doormat stood my ground and I ended up being asked not very nicely to exit the building. So I did. I will only take my uniforms back and pick up check Friday. There aren't many jobs around here but I am trying to get something. I got all my friends trying to help me find something. Please all who read this post boycott McDonald's for there discrimnatory practices and bad treatment of their help. Burger King is a nice company and so is most other fast food places such as Hardees and such. But with less turnover they are harder to get a job at. They have less turnover because they are decent to their employees. I had some wonderful managers too and I feel sorry for them that they are now more overworked. But they choose to work there and I for one am glad they fired me but I wish I could have kept the job until I had a replacement.

#5 olhippy

olhippy

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 04:28 PM

Lots of jobs here on the coast crick. and it's warm too.
hehehehehe
peace,
tim

#6 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted May 27 2007 - 05:18 PM

Still searching. Met a few nice guys who PM'd me. Got some cool friends, but no butterflies yet invading my heart. Maybe once I get to know them better or maybe they are not the "one". Anyways, I am still single. Still looking for work. Have a new grandson and one grandchild on the way. I am 48 today. I have made it another year. I am looking forward to the possibilities of the coming year. I can't wait to see what life has in store for me in the days ahead.

Peace, Cricket

#7 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted June 13 2007 - 04:12 PM

Update: Still single... but working nowadays. Day labor. But it is work. May take a chance with someone who pm'd me. Due to this here thread. We seem to click. If we click in person and in daily contact as well as we do online and on the phone. I think we may have a match made in hipforum. It ain't heaven but it is close to it if yer a hippie.

Peace.....Love.....Happiness

yours truly, Cricket

#8 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted July 04 2007 - 07:40 PM

Update: Still single. Still in TN. Just got a job at BK. Still open to the possibilities. It may work out with one of the dudes I have met already. But who knows? Only time will tell. If you think you may be my match feel free to answer. At least I have met some cool friends and that is worth the posting. If I never meet my soul mate then at least I tried.

Peace, Cricket

#9 cricketlind

cricketlind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 04:14 PM

Same old song and dance. Willing to date someone younger or older. Just need to find someone who is into the same things I am. And who is unconventional. I march to my own drum. I may be 48 but I act and look more like 38. Just someone to share the adventure of Life with. I am willing to relocate. Just do not drive or own a car or have a license. Love living in the woods and near nature. Willing to downsize my stluff to travel.

Peace, Cricket

#10 catman910

catman910

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted November 16 2007 - 03:25 PM

Cricket, M' Lady, I cannot say if things would work out or not but if you are willing to give an almost 50 y/o Keeper Of The Faith a chance, maybe we could communicate and get to know each other a little better. Things like this take time and yeah I agree, Grannies need lovin' and so do old timers like me and I think maybe we could do some educating if it came down to it!!! *winks*

I would love to make your acquaintance. Please contact me at weegie.jr at gmail dot com and we shall hopefully work from there.

And for the record--I am TOO F---ING OLD for mind games. I am from the old school, I came of age when you did...and I still stick by these standards.....

Much love and blessings from John the Cat Man (as my 3 adopted Ferals investigate what I am doing)

#11 ZenDragon

ZenDragon

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 10:48 PM

I'm not sure I have much to contribute to this thread, I was just reading through it and this sort of struck a cord. I'm only 27, but I feel the same way you do. I cant stand mind games and I cling to my passion regards to honesty, loyalty, respect, and character. Everybody needs some good old fashioned lovin' both young and old! :)

Cricket, M' Lady, I cannot say if things would work out or not but if you are willing to give an almost 50 y/o Keeper Of The Faith a chance, maybe we could communicate and get to know each other a little better. Things like this take time and yeah I agree, Grannies need lovin' and so do old timers like me and I think maybe we could do some educating if it came down to it!!! *winks*

I would love to make your acquaintance. Please contact me at weegie.jr at gmail dot com and we shall hopefully work from there.

And for the record--I am TOO F---ING OLD for mind games. I am from the old school, I came of age when you did...and I still stick by these standards.....

Much love and blessings from John the Cat Man (as my 3 adopted Ferals investigate what I am doing)

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.

#12 yourface

yourface

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted December 02 2007 - 02:05 PM

Cool thread. Not my kind of situation, but glad to see you guys are happy and into eachother so much.

#13 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 10,780 posts

Posted December 02 2007 - 03:07 PM

Well--how'bout an update cricket?

#14 Mytimeisnow

Mytimeisnow

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted April 07 2010 - 01:51 PM

Would love to find out more about you. Drop me a note: pachipper@aol.com

#15 gorilla warfare

gorilla warfare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted April 07 2010 - 06:21 PM

can you be like the silver fox in grandma's boy??? i'm totally down if so. :biggrin:

#16 wild-flowers

wild-flowers

forever arbitrary

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted April 07 2010 - 06:24 PM

You sound soo cool...I wish I was an older hippie gentleman.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

#17 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 10,780 posts

Posted April 08 2010 - 12:06 PM

Wonder what happened to her?

#18 greenbud guru

greenbud guru

• Members