How you Deal with Bashers

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by happyonehit420, Apr 10, 2007.

1. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

Just curious.....what are different homosexual people's reactions when they are the target of gay bashing in any of it's forms?
    Personally, whenever I am insulted, or am around bashing, it gives me almost a rush of pride. Sure, there's a bitterness to it, but I end up thanking whoever it is for reminding me that regardless of my orientation, I'm a good person, rather than a close-minded one. To me, I feel being gay is a very special thing, I'm not one of the many machines forged by today's society. Calling me a faggot doesn't hurt my feelings any more than me calling a straight guy hetero would hurt him.

2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

Well, I've never really experienced any gay bashing.

I've been given unapproving looks while out with my boyfriend, but we just ignore it.

3. kzorz

kzorz Member

i used to get a lot of that in my old dorm. i stood up for myself and most of the time the way i told them off left them speechless. honestly, the times i've stood up for myself are among the proudest times of my life.

4. Rikku

Rikku Member

i just ignore them...or try to at least...its hard for me cuz i have anger problems...and its usualy my dad whos bashing so...yeah...

5. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

I just ignore them. I havent ever really been directly targeted by homophobic bashing though. I'm not open my sexuality yet.

6. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

I haven't really ever experienced any gay bashing.

Except one time a guy called me a dick licker in the hall. I told him to fuck himself and went on my way. I was actualy fairly proud of myself, because I never would have even done something like that last year.

7. LJDV

LJDV Member

I've never actually been the victim of any gay bashing, but I would tell someone to fuck OFF if they said anything to me. I'm pretty outgoing so people usually don't bother me. Plus I have alot of girl friends who would kick their asses.

8. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

A dick licker..? Who says that?

What a fag.

9. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

i can't really do anything cause it's usually a sausage fest on wheels yelling dumb shit at me.

10. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

Hahaha I know :tongue:

11. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Hah - thats excellent :) I also have quite a few though I doubt they'd beat the dudes up.

And about the dick licker thing - I dont know why, but I find that really funny. It kinda...rolls off the tongue :p

12. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

Rolls off the tongue, you sly devil. :tongue: Yeah I told my best friend about it, and she got all mad and stuff. I just thought the whole situation was kinda funny.

13. Strangeness

Strangeness Member

No effect on me I have enough problems

14. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

Does being bashed *really* have no impact on you whatsoever?
    I rarely get mean comments, I guess because people don't recognize me and my girlfriend as a gay couple, and if there's somebody bashing me/us ... Well, I ignore it or if I can think of something quickly enough I give a reply but it still hurts me. Like, rationally I think "Don't let these assholes get to you", but
    I can't help it affecting me for at least a moment. Even if I pretend it doesn't, it just hurts when people call you disgusting, no matter whether they're stupid or not. - Just the way I experience it.

15. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Oh God! I only just noticed that horrific pun! Sorry! Haha :D

16. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

Uuggghhhhh

Are people still that small minded that
    they feel the need to bash anyone????

How ridiculous.....and sad.....

Dickheads!!

17. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

@ Andy and Amp -- oh man thats punny stuff. ;)

I haven't had to deal with bashing but then I don't go around saying I'm gay either. If asked I say, if not, I say nothing because its none of their business.

18. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

i don't know why [most] straight ppl feel they HAVE to know when someone's gay. It's like this one guy I work with was really cool with me, and we always talked on breaks and shit until he found out I was gay, then it was like it changed everything. Now he tries dissing me and shit, and making fun of me for it. It's not like I'm a different person now, I'm still me. They act like they're gonna catch gay or something...

19. calisouth

calisouth Member

20. funkyfate

funkyfate Member

Unfort. I'm married to a gay basher.

Can't wait to be out of this situation.

Yes. I'm a married lesbian! We do exist.

At first I was really upset and I would cry alot. But in order to save my marriage I had to go back into the closet with my husband and pretend things weren't as I thought. For the safety of my kids.

The day I can happily live as a lesbian mother I will cry tears of JOY and HAPPINESS and RELIEF!