'True Crime' Drug smuggling books

Discussion in 'Drug Books' started by CaptainDave, Apr 8, 2007.

1. CaptainDave

CaptainDave Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hello there!

I really enjoy books about drug smuggling and major drug production .

I've read 'KIlling Pablo' about Pablo Escobar and have almost finished 'Mr. Nice' , D.H. Marks' autobiography. I've heard Snowblind to be really good and will start reading it as soon as I've finished Mr. Nice.

Does anybody know any others that are good reads?

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  2. s0ma

s0ma Member

I got this book called Without a Badge by Jerry Speziale on clearance at B&N. The cover is what caught my attention: a bunch of bricks of cocaine surrounded by Spanish caution tape ("POLICIA - no pase"). It's about this guy who's an undercover cop who's not satisfied with busting crackheads in NYC, so he goes to Colombia. You learn a lot of randomly interesting details about the Colombian coke trade.

3. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

check out a book called "Romancing Mary Jane" by Michael Poole, about outdoor growing. Pretty good if a little new-agey at points. Also also look for "Dr. Dealer" a great book about a coke dealing dentist, aparently he was one of the biggest dealers in Philly until he got poped.

4. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Smokescreen was pretty good. Just started Smuggler's Blues - not too shabby so far. Also check out Don Henry Ford.

5. krainaoz

krainaoz Member

i've read killing pablo after this post and I must admit it's preety good - i really enjoyed it :)! thanks for the title!!

6. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

you guys should check out the book "Inside the Miami Drug Cartel" it gets kinda religious at the end but its really good. The dude was and american dealer for Pablo.

7. Beyond Hercules

Beyond Hercules Guest

8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Marching Powder: A True Story of Friendship, Cocaine, and South America's Strangest Jail, by Rusty Young and Thomas McFadden.

Honestly, the book kind of gets repetitive and boring partway through, but it is still really interesting.

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I enjoyed Smuggler's Blues. Pretty entertaining.

10. troubled

troubled Member

read all of them now thanks. Any more?