Vedic Astrology - Length of Life Calculation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 splices0

splices0

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted March 23 2007 - 07:24 PM

Hi, I've been an avid Western Astrologer for several years and was recently introduced into Eastern Astrologer. I'm shocked at all the complexities and depth involved with vedic/eastern-based systems.

I've been curious also where predicting the future has came into play. Pindayu, Amshayu, Jeevasarmayu, Ashtakavargayu - These are all different elements I've read that are involved, even though I don't really know that much about them yet, I've read about systems as such as 77% accuracy in determining life-span and some that are seriously flawed.

Anyone know much about these systems or birth recitification ?

#2 Enlil6

Enlil6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted March 24 2007 - 07:14 AM

Hi, I've been an avid Western Astrologer for several years and was recently introduced into Eastern Astrologer. I'm shocked at all the complexities and depth involved with vedic/eastern-based systems.

I've been curious also where predicting the future has came into play. Pindayu, Amshayu, Jeevasarmayu, Ashtakavargayu - These are all different elements I've read that are involved, even though I don't really know that much about them yet, I've read about systems as such as 77% accuracy in determining life-span and some that are seriously flawed.

Anyone know much about these systems or birth recitification ?

I'm not entirely familiar with Vedic, but I know enough that I can see that there are a huge number of similarities between Bedic and traditional (pre-19th century) astrology. Up until the 19th century, even western astrology was considered predictive. Many of the technigues (at least from what I have seen) in traditional western are very close to Vedic. This is no accident though. If you read some of the old Arabic astrological texts, they freely admitted a debt to the Vedic.

So to answer your question, recitification in Vedic and traditional western is extremely good. The techniques are much more complex and sophisticated than modern western. There are also very good systems for specific questions called horary charts.

#3 splices0

splices0

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted March 24 2007 - 05:05 PM

Im just recently researching a variety of systems - there is so many calculations in jyotish and the vedic systems versus western
Posted Image

Chasing the Truth.

#4 helena274

helena274

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 06:03 AM

Hi,

Why I have different prediction from Vedic Astrologers?

I am AC Libra in Western Astrology (where my Venus in Taurus is in 8th) and AC Virgo in Vedic Astrology, where normally my Venus is in 9th. Few days ago I have got some prediction that my Venus is 12th house.
Other question: if I am AC Virgo, how come my Sun in Taurus can be in the 1st house?

Helena
In nature, nothing is ever right. Therefore, if everything is going right ... something is wrong.

#5 Enlil6

Enlil6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi,

Why I have different prediction from Vedic Astrologers?

I am AC Libra in Western Astrology (where my Venus in Taurus is in 8th) and AC Virgo in Vedic Astrology, where normally my Venus is in 9th. Few days ago I have got some prediction that my Venus is 12th house.
Other question: if I am AC Virgo, how come my Sun in Taurus can be in the 1st house?

Helena

Vedic and Western use different sign and sometimes house systems, so that would explain the differences. In fact quite often, a chart will have very different signs in one versus the other. My rising sign in Western is Sagittarius, and in Vedic, it's Scorpio.

#6 helena274

helena274

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

I understand that Vedic AC is 23 degrees less than Western AC, as also all planets. If the planet jumps from 1st to the 6th (my Sun) that is what I don't understand.

There is South Indian Vedic and North Indian Vedic Astrology. They are different, what means one person has two destinies.

I stay here where I am: by Western Astrology.
In nature, nothing is ever right. Therefore, if everything is going right ... something is wrong.