Looking for alternative living. (hippie commune)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by firedragon, Mar 11, 2007.

1. kkkerryyy

kkkerryyy Guest

Did you do this? I'm trying to work out a way to move to Canada and do the things you talk about in this post. I'm happy to help build a community from scratch. I believe it's my mission on this earth...and to meet like minded people <3 Oh, and im from the UK.

2. bikerdruid

bikerdruid Member

looking to escape to the country?

looking for like minded individual to share and live on our farm in the peace river valley of northern alberta, for a week, or a month, or?
    the right person could have free room and board in exchange for some help around the place, intellectual stimulation, conversation and sharing in the magick of the valley.....speaking of magick....we are druids/witches.
    accommodation is in a small and cozy guest cabin in the bush.
    Life here is generally casual, leavng a lot of time for reading, and being.
    check out my profile, and contact me if interested.

Lustylen likes this.
  3. Garcia847

Garcia847 Guest

PLEASE contact me

4. spenmax

spenmax Guest

please does any one know of any "primitive" living communes or villages

5. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

May 30th, 2012. Need another room mate. Times are tough here and we need to band together if we're going to survive, so come to an acre in the country, grow food, enjoy nature and get away from the rat race

Lois

6. chimera_cole

chimera_cole Guest

I'm a 27y old male construction worker who spends his work days dreaming of a permaculture paradise, most of my friends like the city for all the women, but I'm sick of messing with women I have nothing in common with. I'm into extreme sports of all types, expecially whitewater kayaking in summer snowboarding during winter. I'm a little crazy but thats what most ppl like about me, it's why I'm fun to be around, from what i've been told anyway. I'm skilled in various types of horticulture & fairly intelligent.
    I'm a Marxist & a Atheist. I spend a lot of time reading fairly heavy stuff.
    I'm honest & easy to get along with, I like to help ppl & am interested in year 'round heirloom organic produce & the treatment of livestock.
    The older Scottish in my family still use old methods on their monoculture farms but are now using gmo's, pesticides & many other things I'm against.
    My name is Ryan Ferguson, look me up on facebook.

7. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

Ryan, send me the link to your Facebook page, there are like 10 people with your name. Send the link to lluckovich@shaw.ca I'd like another person on the place for winter. We have some construction to do and a number of other things.

I don't use any artificial fertilizers in my garden and I rotate crops, avoid GMO seeds and I have a well so no contamination in the water so I usually have a VERY healthy garden. This year it is over-grown with kale because my partner Rick refuses to pull out or cut back kale plants that are going to seed.

I'll deal with that. It's been happening for too many years. If you have a passport, and whatever other papers you need to get here, come on up, we'll make the rest of the arrangements through my personal email so we don't crowd the board

THANKS!!!:sunny:
    Lois

PS-2 rivers for kayaking near by--snowboarding 130 miles up Island at Mt. Washington

8. chimera_cole

chimera_cole Guest

My E-mail address is ryanferguson_blueberry@hotmail.com, I got a Guy Fawkes Anonymous picture for my profile photo . look me up on facebook. I'm in Ont., but I love B.C. & Quebec. I'm willing to travel & I mite be able to get several thousand to help with a morgage on marginal land, If I can't get the bank to loan me the money, & other ppl are with me to help put money together. My father is a firefighter & a free mason who is willing to co-sign, though he just wants me to get a "real" job(high-paying) & thinks my brother's course on sustainable building & all our interests are stupid hippie, redneck bullshit

9. bikerdruid

bikerdruid Member

i did send you an email, with an invitation.
    you never responded.
    not really interested in this communal living thing, eh?

10. skywatcher

skywatcher Guest

I live way out in the middle of no where....in the desert. There is major shopping 1 1/2hrs away minor shopping 30min away, mexico 10min, and a little locally 5min away. I am off the grid, all solar and wind in an intentional community. No money so to speak, unless you do stuff for $10hr, weeds, building, digging housework or homecare.Or make money on the internet. The skies are FANTASTIC, you can walk on the milky way. I have small garden, and get papayas in Mexico nearby.There is plenty of room for more people. No building codes really enforced...you should see what I am doing ! There isn water.

11. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Member

would the Prince George area (2-3 hours out) be an option?
    do you have experience with animals?

12. ErinKaitlinExtraordinaire

ErinKaitlinExtraordinaire Guest

You could always make completely natural shelters for the true nature feeling. I've been drawing up some plans for some nice 1 person ones. Also with 850 acres I'm sure resources would be plentiful. I will definitely be trying to find a way besides walking or hitch hiking to get there and check it out for myself since this seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

13. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I am looking for somewhere to go, preferably south (warm year round)
    And maybe near a spring? Nothing else really.
    Email me. jaredfelix@yahoo.com
    Or even if you know somewhere to go but need a ride. I have wheels for now, not sure if, when I'm getting laid off, I'm ready to leave any minute.
    I am located near d.c

14. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Member

>I will definitely be trying to find a way besides walking or hitch hiking to get there and check it out for myself since this seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.<

if you want to contact me personally, please contact me per private email.
    we really need help out here.
    G

15. ErinKaitlinExtraordinaire

ErinKaitlinExtraordinaire Guest

I don't know how to do that on here yet (new member) if you can Northern Lights send me a message with your email, and I'll email you.

16. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Member

I see you are not a member and only a guest here on the forum. That means i can't contact you per private email.
    So here is my email, just replace the words at and dot with the right symbols and leave out the blanks then you have it
    G u n d u l a M E at g m x dot de

17. Changalang

Changalang Member

I am interested in living in this lifestyle and would be willing to travel where ever i have to go. I would contribute with whatever i could, Please hit me up. Oh, must be 420 friendly of course :daisy:
    btw my email is changalang4lyfe@live.com. anybody interested in having 1-3 more people in their community should definately contact me. Because I am sick of my full-time job making imaginary money. I need to get out of this society

18. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Member

Oh, must be 420 friendly of course :daisy:[/QUOTE]

nope, sorry.
    i work with foster children, no alcohol, no drugs.

19. Changalang

Changalang Member

Well... in my vocabulary marijuana is a plant, not a drug. But thanks anyway :)

20. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Member

LOL, the ministry doesn't see it that way!! sorry!