Oldest beer in America.

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by laugh2, May 13, 2004.

1. laugh2

laugh2 Member

The first brewery in the United States was the Eagle Brewery in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. It opened in 1829, and in 1873 the name changed to D.G Yuengling and Son. I guess that makes their beer the oldest in America. Currently the oldest Brewery in the world is in Germany. Weihenstephan has been brewing since 1040.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yup, Yuengling. Their black & tan is one of my favorite CHEAP beers!

3. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

people are fanatical about yuengling around here cause it's so close to where i live.

when you go into many bars/restaurants and you're asking what they have on tap many times the person will just say "lager" instead of yuengling lager. you get used to it i guess.

yuengling yager is the one of the first beers i "grew up" drinking. now, though, i CANNOT drink there lager out of a bottle anyway. it was just a weird after-taste.

i like there ban n tan better then they're lager BUT i think it has a funky after-taste too... still, ill get it every once n a while.