- - - - -

windows vista just screamed "help me" & makes random crazy noises

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 soaringeagle

soaringeagle

• 16,380 posts

Posted February 25 2007 - 07:43 PM

i think i have a haunted copy of vista. oh shit it did it again its screamming help me & makes alot of random crazy sounds...that arent comming from any programs that i can find...
and i'm fairly certain i'm virus free.. its just buggy or haunted... but its freakin me out..lol
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
TELL YOUR YOUTH THE TRUTH,
WE ARE ALL FROM ONE BLOOD,
WE ARE ALL FROM ONE MOTHER,
THEN THEY WILL LOVE EACHOTHER.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

eat naturally
live naturally
love naturally
dread naturally

Posted Image
the earth provides everything we need to survive except love, we must provide enough love for the earth to survive

#2 BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin

Banned

• Banned
  • 34,244 posts

Posted February 25 2007 - 08:31 PM

I would honestly, with all my heart, suggest not using windows vista. Roll back to XP, and save yourself months of trouble with very faulty software (I say months because your computer will not last for longer with vista)... read the reviews online, they are very disappointing.

I would suggest not using Windows at all, but I'm guilty of using windows and am too lazy to learn to operate another system, so I will not say stop using the windows, but try to stay away from new Microsoft products.
"If you're not into metal, you are not my friend!"

#3 soaringeagle

soaringeagle

• 16,380 posts

Posted February 25 2007 - 08:39 PM

well...i do love vista.. but it is buggy as hell...but when it screams help me....in a ghostly voice... its a bit crazy...
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

eat naturally
live naturally
love naturally
dread naturally

Posted Image
the earth provides everything we need to survive except love, we must provide enough love for the earth to survive

#4 WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger

Corporate Slave #34

• Members
  • 2,963 posts

Posted February 25 2007 - 08:43 PM

i thikn it does that if you have anything on your computer not made or marketed by bill gates.

not only do i want the Steelers to win, I also want the city of Pittsburgh to pillage the city of Seattle.

#5 sentient

sentient

• 1,726 posts

Posted March 01 2007 - 01:31 PM

take a hammer to it and then wear the keys that spill out of the keyboard as row of beads around your neck - that would be cool !

then buy a less haunted computer
LIKE A FRIGGIN ALIEN SPACESHIP LANDED
Posted Image

#6 Hobes

Hobes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted March 03 2007 - 05:06 PM

well then that is different. but like he said go with xp intill a service pack comes out that MIGHT fix all the problems
rawr I'm a dinosaur!

#7 shaggie

shaggie

• 11,514 posts

Posted March 03 2007 - 05:24 PM

http://home.flash.ne...uras34/help.wmv

#8 dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob

peace lily

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted March 03 2007 - 05:35 PM

Forget microsoft, try Linux, much much more stable, more versatile, free, open source, and your not supporting another corporate bully.

Try Ubuntu or Debian.

#9 Twizz

Twizz

Drug Conoisseur

• Members
  • 3,026 posts

Posted March 04 2007 - 05:17 AM

How about going back to XP?

I'd suggest sticking with XP until a service pack comes out for Vista to fix all the bugs.

* Twizz is NOT a medical professional, and none of the information that he provides has been directly confirmed by a registered doctor. Should you have any serious concerns, please contact a licenced physician and don't ask a bunch of random people in a forum. *

#10 Hobes

Hobes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 10:28 PM

what ever it is figer it out. i asked my friend about it and he said it was you jist hearing it from the drug use. help me prove it wrong
rawr I'm a dinosaur!

#11 soaringeagle

soaringeagle

• 16,380 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 10:40 PM

hahaha it absolutely isntt & its freaked out other people too
it makes like 5 or 6 randoim sounds (went throughh & none are set as system sounds & no events trigger them) and occassionaly screams help me like its hainted

usualy shortly aftrer the 2nd or 3rd help me i get a blue screen crash (beta vid drivers or cpu bios causes those though
it maybe a compstaboility with the sound card. but just the random sounds is symptom ive never come scross..& tired of that ghostly help me scream when tryiong to sleep
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

eat naturally
live naturally
love naturally
dread naturally

Posted Image

#12 Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin

• 1,268 posts

Posted March 12 2007 - 10:48 PM

usualy shortly aftrer the 2nd or 3rd help me i get a blue screen crash (beta vid drivers or cpu bios causes those though
it maybe a compstaboility with the sound card.

not likely. deffinately not a "cpu bios" problem. no such thing. Vista should not have an incompatibility with the "normal" BIOS either. there is no such thing as a released "beta video driver" for windows although it is likely that the final video driver may cause a problem in Vista. it is also likely that the soundcard driver can cause a crash in Vista. to be honest, this new Vista system seems to cause an awful lot of trouble for a lot of ppl. its not worth the trouble to fool with and i can see already there will be a LOT LOT LOT of security vulnerabilities in it. more than XP had in its lifetime. i dont mean virus/trojans.

just rollback to XP or get a different OS.

the OS should control how the computer performs, not the video driver. :)

Registered Linux User #456061
CompTIA A+ Certified: Depot Technician
Student seeking two degrees.

Forum Guidelines... Please be respectful.

Posted Image

#13 shaggie

shaggie

• 11,514 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 03:38 AM

i asked my friend about it and he said it was you jist hearing it from the drug use.

Yeah, those microsoft programmers are all on drugs.

#14 johnnystillcantread

johnnystillcantread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 06:56 AM

Hello! I wasn’t sure if you were joking - does your computer really say in words, “help me” If so maybe you should teach it manors and ask it to say please first. Cheers!
Presently Forum less: Cheerio!

#15 stinkfoot

stinkfoot

truth

• Members
  • 16,674 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 08:15 AM

I don't understand why Microsnot would push a whole new system on the market when XP works so well- at least on my machine.... no wait- I do understand... by manufacturing obsolescence they can make more money as computer junkies pursue fleeting compatibility when the next "best thing" supplants the previous product that was working far too well to be truly profitable.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” -Robert McCloskey

#16 dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob

peace lily

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 10:07 AM

I will never understand why people use MS when their is Linux.............unless your a hardcore gamer or your in the publishing industry, I can't see any benefit of having MS.....Linux is soooooo much better in so many ways.

#17 Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin

• 1,268 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 01:08 PM

there are many games for Linux too, like:
Sauerbraten
Nexuiz
Battle for Wesnoth
OpenArena
Glest
MegaMech
BZFlag
... etc.

there are also proprietary games that have a Linux version but still require an original CD-Rom. that is understandable because they dont want ppl copying their work.

there is also Wine, but i dont really like Wine or anything that enables my computer to run Windows binaries, so i dont really promote Wine.

Posted Image

#18 sentient

sentient

• 1,726 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 01:25 PM

Hey relax up - it isnt a ghost or nothing - this is a true story now:

For about two years I used to think I could hear this baby crying at the next-door-neighbours house (we lived in an attatched terraced housing with fairly thin walls ) sometimes I could hear this woman rowing with her husband while the baby was crying

then I honestly thought about calling social services and complaining that while they're screaming at each other they just leave this baby crying - anyway I'm glad I didnt cuz some time later later we moved out of that place and one night I hear what I think is this muffled baby crying sound again- turns out its just a noisy hard-drive that from time to time sort of makes sounds like a baby about to start really crying loud. I still got the drive - it just made the sound then about a minute ago.
Posted Image

#19 Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin

• 1,268 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 06:56 PM

lol, real nice sentient. that would drive me crazy.

i also had a funky sound coming from my computer not too long ago. one night while i was trying to sleep i thought i heard the sound of a large animal breathing. i managed to ignore it for a while but it kept coming back every night. i thought maybe it was outside because i leave my window open but eventually it would get louder. it sounded real too. i actually got frightened by it one night.

then one day the noise started up again... ehhhhhh.... hhhhhhh.... (just like a huge animal breathing). so i looked out my windows and around my room. then for some reason i touched my computer and it stopped for a second. *sigh* OMG ITS IN MY COMPUTER! ahhh!

turns out it was a cooling fan i added that was making the noise. i have no idea why it would produce the same frequency of noise that a large. scary animal would, but it stopped now. :)

Posted Image

#20 CloudFlower

CloudFlower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted March 13 2007 - 07:46 PM

Vista is haunted, it is a peice of absolute junk, uninstall the operating system or it will equal computing death.... windows 2000 is complete control
"Crash your music and beat your head against the wall!"
Posted Image

#21 jagerhans

jagerhans

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 01:34 PM

I will never understand why people use MS when their is Linux.............unless your a hardcore gamer or your in the publishing industry, I can't see any benefit of having MS.....Linux is soooooo much better in so many ways.

apart from some tough annoyances, like VBscript, Linuz is way superior. think about your computer experience without viruses and antiviruses. another pain in the ass is when you have a real old install (like mine, installed in 1999? 2000 ? i have to check, dont remember) and you come at the point that your core libraries like glibc are outdated . kernel upgrading is trivial but reinstalling THAT is a daunting task. another thing, if your distro dies you wont find binary packages, so in order to install stuff you have to use source tarballs and compile them. a pleasant exception: the OpenOffice suite, a quality replacement of MS office. the installer still works on old systems.
http://www.hipforums...line=1384869037
«When people are asleep, we must all become alarm clocks»
—Lard

#22 raysun

raysun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 01:42 PM

cool 1999-2000 which distro are you running jagerhans?....

gallery_21466_10583_2101.jpg

#23 Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne

Chrisppie

• Members
  • 2,804 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 01:48 PM

Times like this I'm glad I'm deaf. LOL This thread has cracked me up. Sorry you're having problems though. Ummm... I'm gonna have to go with too many trips possibly being the cause though. :)

I've heard Vista sucks. I'm a Mac user myself... and due to the words of a very knowledgable friend, when XP is no longer viable I might be changing my desktop (other computer currently using XP) over to Linux.

#24 jagerhans

jagerhans

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 01:53 PM

mandrake 8.1 , messed up with a lot of kernel upgrades... and stuff.

anyway, here the exact date , i exaggerated a bit: 17/9/2001, but right before, 2000 i think i had mandrake 8 (I installed the 8.1 onto it) and before that ... corel linux, my very first distro. definitely not a prestigious one, but, with mdk i've spent my "linux childhood" . on an old machine downstairs , a P200, not-MMX , I use slackware 9.
http://www.hipforums...line=1384869037
«When people are asleep, we must all become alarm clocks»
—Lard

#25 raysun

raysun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 03:05 PM

I see....
I started with debian potato in 2002 and slackware 10.0 after that....

#26 josh55116

josh55116

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 06:45 PM

i'll stick with os x
Posted Image

life is short but ain't it grand

#27 Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin

• 1,268 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 09:42 PM

jagerhans, where did you come from? :)

you should try Fedora Core 6 if you ever want to get rid of any libs that may be annoying. if you need to install anything at all its a simple 'yum install programname', and 'yum update' keeps everything in check.

its great to have another linux user here. that is amazing that you still have mandrake 8.1 after so long. to be honest, i still have a pentium 133 sitting in my basement with redhat 7 on it. i dont use it though. the 2.4.xx kernels are really fast on old machines. i use 2.6.19 on my 2.3Ghz machine though. just wondering, do you have a wireless card with your 2.4 kernel?

Posted Image

#28 dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob

peace lily

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted March 16 2007 - 03:54 AM

aaaah redhat...............popped my cherry on redhat :)

#29 sentient

sentient

• 1,726 posts

Posted March 16 2007 - 03:08 PM

Actually I keep coming back to the fact - sorry to Linux Fans everywhere - that I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would run a linux desktop - I think Linux is a fantastic server operating system but just a bit too hobbyist as a desktop environment - its like youre really talking to people in the big wide world who havent got a clue how to switch a computer on and yet they have been in the home environment for the better part of 25 years. Youre talking about people who go to work and operate microsoft desktops so they wanna go home and operate the same thing - Linux people just have to accept they will never NEVER win the desktop market but they probably will win the entire server market. Microsoft is dumb for dumb people thats why they make great desktops - Linux is for tech-heads - thats why its a great server
Posted Image

#30 raysun

raysun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted March 16 2007 - 04:32 PM

I would say linux for the desktops and freebsd/openbsd for servers many companies are going to switch to redhat, or suse in the near future
instead of upgrading to vista....