windows vista just screamed "help me" & makes random crazy noises

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by soaringeagle, Feb 25, 2007.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i think i have a haunted copy of vista. oh shit it did it again its screamming help me & makes alot of random crazy sounds...that arent comming from any programs that i can find...
    and i'm fairly certain i'm virus free.. its just buggy or haunted... but its freakin me out..lol

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I would honestly, with all my heart, suggest not using windows vista. Roll back to XP, and save yourself months of trouble with very faulty software (I say months because your computer will not last for longer with vista)... read the reviews online, they are very disappointing.

I would suggest not using Windows at all, but I'm guilty of using windows and am too lazy to learn to operate another system, so I will not say stop using the windows, but try to stay away from new Microsoft products.

3. soaringeagle

well...i do love vista.. but it is buggy as hell...but when it screams help me....in a ghostly voice... its a bit crazy...

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i thikn it does that if you have anything on your computer not made or marketed by bill gates.

5. sentient

sentient Senior Member

take a hammer to it and then wear the keys that spill out of the keyboard as row of beads around your neck - that would be cool !

then buy a less haunted computer

6. Hobes

Hobes Member

well then that is different. but like he said go with xp intill a service pack comes out that MIGHT fix all the problems

7. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

8. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Forget microsoft, try Linux, much much more stable, more versatile, free, open source, and your not supporting another corporate bully.

Try Ubuntu or Debian.

9. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

How about going back to XP?

I'd suggest sticking with XP until a service pack comes out for Vista to fix all the bugs.

10. Hobes

Hobes Member

what ever it is figer it out. i asked my friend about it and he said it was you jist hearing it from the drug use. help me prove it wrong

11. soaringeagle

hahaha it absolutely isntt & its freaked out other people too
    it makes like 5 or 6 randoim sounds (went throughh & none are set as system sounds & no events trigger them) and occassionaly screams help me like its hainted

usualy shortly aftrer the 2nd or 3rd help me i get a blue screen crash (beta vid drivers or cpu bios causes those though
    it maybe a compstaboility with the sound card. but just the random sounds is symptom ive never come scross..& tired of that ghostly help me scream when tryiong to sleep

12. Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin Senior Member

not likely. deffinately not a "cpu bios" problem. no such thing. Vista should not have an incompatibility with the "normal" BIOS either. there is no such thing as a released "beta video driver" for windows although it is likely that the final video driver may cause a problem in Vista. it is also likely that the soundcard driver can cause a crash in Vista. to be honest, this new Vista system seems to cause an awful lot of trouble for a lot of ppl. its not worth the trouble to fool with and i can see already there will be a LOT LOT LOT of security vulnerabilities in it. more than XP had in its lifetime. i dont mean virus/trojans.

just rollback to XP or get a different OS.

the OS should control how the computer performs, not the video driver. :)

13. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Yeah, those microsoft programmers are all on drugs.

14. johnnystillcantread

johnnystillcantread Member

Hello! I wasn’t sure if you were joking - does your computer really say in words, “help me” If so maybe you should teach it manors and ask it to say please first. Cheers!

15. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I don't understand why Microsnot would push a whole new system on the market when XP works so well- at least on my machine.... no wait- I do understand... by manufacturing obsolescence they can make more money as computer junkies pursue fleeting compatibility when the next "best thing" supplants the previous product that was working far too well to be truly profitable.

16. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I will never understand why people use MS when their is Linux.............unless your a hardcore gamer or your in the publishing industry, I can't see any benefit of having MS.....Linux is soooooo much better in so many ways.

17. Adderall_Assasin

there are many games for Linux too, like:
    Sauerbraten
    Nexuiz
    Battle for Wesnoth
    OpenArena
    Glest
    MegaMech
    BZFlag
    ... etc.

there are also proprietary games that have a Linux version but still require an original CD-Rom. that is understandable because they dont want ppl copying their work.

there is also Wine, but i dont really like Wine or anything that enables my computer to run Windows binaries, so i dont really promote Wine.

18. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Hey relax up - it isnt a ghost or nothing - this is a true story now:

For about two years I used to think I could hear this baby crying at the next-door-neighbours house (we lived in an attatched terraced housing with fairly thin walls ) sometimes I could hear this woman rowing with her husband while the baby was crying

then I honestly thought about calling social services and complaining that while they're screaming at each other they just leave this baby crying - anyway I'm glad I didnt cuz some time later later we moved out of that place and one night I hear what I think is this muffled baby crying sound again- turns out its just a noisy hard-drive that from time to time sort of makes sounds like a baby about to start really crying loud. I still got the drive - it just made the sound then about a minute ago.

19. Adderall_Assasin

lol, real nice sentient. that would drive me crazy.

i also had a funky sound coming from my computer not too long ago. one night while i was trying to sleep i thought i heard the sound of a large animal breathing. i managed to ignore it for a while but it kept coming back every night. i thought maybe it was outside because i leave my window open but eventually it would get louder. it sounded real too. i actually got frightened by it one night.

then one day the noise started up again... ehhhhhh.... hhhhhhh.... (just like a huge animal breathing). so i looked out my windows and around my room. then for some reason i touched my computer and it stopped for a second. *sigh* OMG ITS IN MY COMPUTER! ahhh!

turns out it was a cooling fan i added that was making the noise. i have no idea why it would produce the same frequency of noise that a large. scary animal would, but it stopped now. :)

20. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

Vista is haunted, it is a peice of absolute junk, uninstall the operating system or it will equal computing death.... windows 2000 is complete control