Kratom + Tramadol

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by iThroPooAtYou, Feb 8, 2007.

1. iThroPooAtYou

iThroPooAtYou Member

Both non-opiate opiods, I'm curious of the possible interaction and synergy of these two. I have not yet tried this combination, but after a little more research I may give it a go.

Kratom having delta-mu cross over effect, tramadol also being a mu-opoid agonist (among other things), I feel, and have a read it suggested, that these two compounds may synergize. I can't find this combo on erowid, and would like more information before I decide whether or not to embark into the unknown on this one.

Has anyone had any experiences with both these compounds? (I'd be interested even if you haven't tried them together.) If you've tried both, but not at the same time, do the 'feel' like there is a potential in synergy?

Also, are there any other non-opiate (but opoid, i.e. synthetic) that have been tried?

2. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

Kratom is nice presumably due to its action on mu and delta receptors. I don't know about the combination with tramadol. Wild lettuce is often touted as an opium substitute even though the active constituents [debatable probably weak] look more like benzodiazepines. Lotus may have some psychotropic and anaesthetic effect.

3. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

This post is all but dead but I find it interesting. In theory tramadol and kratom should be quite similar except tramadol lacks the yohimbe like alpha-2 antagonism that becomes noticeable (I dislike it) on higher doses of kratom.

4. iThroPooAtYou

iThroPooAtYou Member

I did try it out, but it's been so long, all I know it wasn't mind blowing, but markedly better than kratom alone.