marijuana

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by get_up_stand_up, Feb 3, 2007.

1. get_up_stand_up

get_up_stand_up Member

I know alchohol is discuraged at gatherings, but what about marijuana?

2. papabear

papabear Member

Ganja is great, and most would not chide you at all for bringing, smoking and sharing. But this brings us back to the whole issue with the permit and the idea of the gathering being a peaceful protest (?). If we really want to say that we have the right to gather, without governmental interference, then we need to leave the illegals behind. One fight at a time, I'm all for fighting for the legalization of cannibus, but the fact remains it is not only an illegal substance, there is a war declared on it. That alone gives them reason to come in and declare our peaceful gatherings a "menace to society".

3. get_up_stand_up

get_up_stand_up Member

So I shouldn't then?

4. rambleON

rambleON Coup

bring it but don't friggin advertise it .

5. ID10T

ID10T Member

Papabear,

Man your way off. We dont gather as a "Peaceful protest" !!!!!!!! Go back and read the 1st post in the thread "Why gather?". Also down in the post Soaring Eagle says it really Cool.

PR

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

bring enoutgh to share with me
    :)

its neither encouraged or discouraged, but have respect, dont wave it in the faces of anyone who wouldnt want it around em..like the leo's, kid villiage, or the jesus camp folks

7. papabear

papabear Member

Ok Id10t you are right...it said

8. i'm_not_beethoven420

i'm_not_beethoven420 Member

Marijuana is as discouraged as clean drinking water, sunshine, and hugs, and a cup of phatty kynd lental soup at a real gathering, a national. The plant is very intertwined within the gathering culture & as with snickers candy bars & bic lighters & actual frozen water ( ice ), it becomes as well, a shared item, it also becomes something of value. In example, if the chefs at a kitchen made you a nice dinner, you would traditionally reward them by puffing them out later in the night as they setteled into ther sleeping bags, tired , exhausted & sleepy, as they pass out along side the fire.

They would know the love & thanks you brought them as you tucked them in, & in the morning as they rose & began the oatmeal & diced the fruit to mix in, they would still feel loved from your kyndness that night before.

9. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

Look for the BurntTribe patrole for random puffdowns !!

10. Drifter in the wind

Drifter in the wind Member

One day my friends, we will be able to smoke all the weed we want to on our front porch. We will be free and we will be truly happy. Until then, we must keep it somewhat secret. There is an amazing 25 million people In America that toke it up everyone I a while. The money hungry government will come around one day and when they do, there will be a never-ending beautiful celebration at my house that all of you are invited to. I say take it to the party and brace yourself because you will be surprised who it gets passed to and who takes a puff. I know teachers, grown men and women who live in nice, nice houses with four or five children, football coaches, two of my uncles, two retarded people even. Every type of person tokes it up. How is that not awesome? That means even a jock that I would normally hate (like my brother) is a respectable person. And all because he likes to be free, he likes to feel some type of freedom, which shows that he is essentially human. Who would’ve known? I love to find out who smokes at the parties, it’s really an eye opener. But, it’s even better when you just have a group and not a crowd. It brings things closer together.

11. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

it is as welcome as good desserts, clean water, and fresh veggies

on another note:
    i've been a kid village kid and now i just help out there since i was 6 months old 18 years ago and they welcome the ganja as much as any other camp. just keep it away from the jesus camp

12. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

It is accepted!