Busted, going to court.

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by Mike716, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Mike716

Mike716 Member

First of all, this is my first post, so allow me to introduce myself [​IMG]. My name is Mike, I'm 17, and I live in Michigan. Just thought I'd share this horrible little experience with you.

SO, on Friday, my friend and I pulled into a parking lot and he started to roll a joint. Why we did this, I don't really know, but I now know that it was an incredibly stupid decision. Even more stupid was the fact that it was a school parking lot. He grinds up some of the 2 or 3 grams we have in a grinder, and begins to use his roller, since we both suck at hand rolling.

Within MINUTES, I see a cop drive by on the street behind us, and of course he pulls in the parking lot, and shines the spotlight into the car. We grab everything and start crapping ourselves. I was unfortunate enough to grab the weed. Two cops knock on both windows and ask us what we are doing. We have absolutely no excuse so we just sit there freaking out and telling them we were doing "nothing". I believe this is when they made us step out of the car. I don't remember exactly what happened next, but somehow the other cop found my friends paraphernalia (I was paying attention to the cop that was screaming at me for having "an attitude"... Yeah right.) So they search him and my car, and ask if we have any more weed besides what was in the grinder. I give it up. We get hancuffed and taken to the station in separate cars. For some reason, in Michigan, you can be charged as an adult when you're 17 (Trust me, it's true). I get the fingerprints and the mugshots taken. I spend 3 hours in a cell until they release me and make me call my dad, waking him up and telling him he needs to pick me up at the police station (My car was impounded, got it back a couple days ago).

So, my dad understands that "weed isn't a big deal, BUT it's illegal", so he's pretty cool with the whole situation now. I'm getting my court date in the mail soon. It's my first offense. I'm betting I'll get probation, does that sound about right to you guys? Anyway, this what a bit longer than I expected, so i'll wrap it up.

2. chineseeyesguy420

chineseeyesguy420 Member

i'm sorry to hear that, man. anything to do with drugs should be kept away from schools at all times. the two just don't mix. also, always have your blunt/joint pre-rolled so you can advoid this. in your cause, you would have smoke with no problem that night if you did this. we all learn from our mistakes. i was busted in the woods by a ranger, but all i got was a ticket and just had to pay $60. luckly your dad is cool with the whole situation. best of luck to you in court.

3. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

if its your first offense ive heard of people going to rehab and they get off pretty light.

4. hateusa_lovebud

hateusa_lovebud Member

Shit, all I know is that When I got busted the first mistake is smoking in a public accesed area, in my case, the beach. Your first mistake u made was to smoke in a school parking lot. It is really, extremely, absolutley suspicious. Its like pig bait man! And yeah when you wanna smoke-on-the-go, have a joint or somthing, no paraphenellia. That way, you can smoke the whole damn thing and if you have to, eat the roach, this alone saved my ass on several occasions. Hope this helps, good luck in court.

5. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

my roomates first bust he got liscence taken for a year and probation for a year. Plus serious shit if he gets caught again

6. sun_heart_girl

sun_heart_girl Member

Don't let them search your car! They need probable cause, so unless they actually SAW the weed, which seems unlikely from your explanation, they had no right to search your car if you'd refused. Don't stress about it though, just remember for next time. Good luck, man. Oh, and welcome to the forums!

7. Viruk

Viruk Member

Ya first mistake school parking lot.
    Second mistake, and correct me if I'm wrong, but to shine the spotlight on you, it needs to be night right? So you were probably nearly alone in a school parking lot at night, very suspicious considering people always rob schools (around here at least)
    Third mistake, telling the cops you were doing nothing, you should of whipped out cell phones or something, and said you pulled into the parking lot to call some friends to find out what you were doing that night, and you didn't want to drive and talk on the cell cause you think its dangerous or something, either way, ALWAYS have an exscuse, even a weak one will do.
    Then remember that the cops aren't all powerful, they can't just command you to do anything, you should have told them that without a warrant they can't search the car, and you're sorry but you (as in you not the cop) have to follow the law (by not letting the cop illegally search your car) just like everyone else.
    Then say you'll be on your way and take off.

8. AluRMeiN

AluRMeiN Member

First of all how did the other cop find your friends stuff? Your friend would have had to show it to him or something. Also, finding paraphernalia is enough to search you car. Next time don't go to a school to smoke it. All the cops can do if they catch you at school at night is question you and ask you to leave so dont forget that you have rights also. And marijuana on school grounds is most likely the worst thing that you did. If all you had was a couple grams anywhere else then you would have probably just gotten ticketed, but on school grounds is the kicker...Careful next time man...

9. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

1. on school grounds.
    2. in michigan.

you are fucked squared.

10. Mike716

Mike716 Member

A few days after creating this topic, I found out from my friend that he threw his roller and shit on the floor of the car. The cops saw it. I didn't notice that's what happened at the time.

I'm still in suspense awaiting my court date. All I can do is hope for the best. :(

11. Mike716

Mike716 Member

So I come home today and they finally sent me a letter. Going for my arraignment tomorrow. I won't be drug tested or anything, will I? I'm assuming I won't, but I smoked thursday, friday, and saturday for the first time since I got busted, so I figure I should ask.

12. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

I imagine you would be...
    your going to court for a drug charge.

13. Andz

Andz Member

That fucken' sucks... getting busted is one of the worst things. Since it's your first offense all you'll get is about 6 months probation with random drug tests, I'm assuming. But hey look on the bright side, at least you didn't get busted IN school (unlike myself). :|

14. Mike716

Mike716 Member

Sorry to hear you got busted. Yeah I'm expecting probation and I'm fine with that. On the bright side my tolerance will be nothing after it's over [​IMG].

From now on I'm never smoking anywhere except the privacy of mine or a friend's home.

15. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

That's what I like to do. I only get "fucked up" at my house or a friends house. I NEVER go outside "Fucked up" I'll go out high as hell, but not to the point where Im a complete dudu headed retard.
    And about the tolerance thing. It will be worth the wait, just make sure when you get the chance to smoke again, get fucked up. It'll be totally worth it :D

16. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

^^ Good Advice

Probation and a fine is most likely it.

Never carry a pipe, smoke in "your" car or carry a stash.

-B

17. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

Yeah. I'm not sure if they'll drug test you or not. When my ma told me a few weeks ago that I would be getting "Test's" dont the next day I freaked cuz I had gotten high just minutes before I talked to her on the phone. I drunk lots of water from that point and ate half a bottle of flinstones vitamins(Don't ask) and passed my drug test. I was one lucky fucker. I still feel like that test was accidental. Oh well.. Hope they dont test you and if they do hope you get back a negative like I did :) . We havn't heared from you in a while. How's ur situation goin anyways?

18. Mike716

Mike716 Member

Well, here's the news after the arraignment. I'm going for my pretrial in a few weeks (wtf is a pretrial anyway?) and we're getting a court appointed attorney, since that's what the cop recommended I should do. I probably should have just plead guilty then and there to get it over with, but I took his advice since I had no idea what to do.
    The judge asked if I had taken drugs in the past 60 days and I said yes in case they tested me. He then assigned me weekly drug tests in which the levels of THC must decrease. If they don't, I go to jail with a bond of $5,000 [​IMG]... Took my first test friday. Sure was uncomfortable to piss with a guy staring straight at my junk the whole time. I still drank a crapload of water that day since I figure the lower the level of THC, the better for me. Anyway, thanks for the concern [​IMG]. I wish I could finally say what my sentence is but it's still not over.

19. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Weekly! f@ck!

Are they still doing the color system. You know orange is monday....

Stay clean and it will pass before you know it.

-B

20. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

Man that sucks. Keep us updated if anything else happeneds. Just keep drinkin that water and exercise a lot aswell. Also dont drink too much water as it can kill you and the days before your tests take a good dose of Vitamin... uhh.. Sorry.. Can't remember the letter at the moment!! >.> It colors your piss so it doesn't look like plain water. Can somebody else say the vitamin letter >.>