German girls hairy armpits

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by The Gremlin, Jan 7, 2007.

1. The Gremlin

The Gremlin Member

I have a complex question here which, perhaps, only a German lady or man can answer for me.

I come from England, I'm 35 and I know that when I was growing up it was pretty much said that German girls always had hairy armpits. I thought this was (and I still do!) brilliant, attractive and sexy - but most other people used to say it was disgusting. It was (and is) very, very rare to see any women in England with hairy armpits. I have however seen many films where the female actresses have hairy armpits and lots of these films were German (dating from the 80s and early 90s). My question is this -

As a girl growing up in Germany through the 70s, 80s, 90s (I guess even German girls shave regularly now?), what was their view of having hairy armpits? Was it something they liked to show off to others? Did they view it as a sign of maturity? Presumably being something that everybody had, did it ever become competitive whilst growing up - i.e. jealousy over who got them first etc? Was there any interest in who had the hairiest? Did boys/men find the sight particularly sexually attractive, or was it simply an ordinary feature that nobody cared about?

These days the whole 'hairy armpits for women' thing has much argument against. I am trying to understand the position from a different culture perspective. As I said previously - I think women with hairy armpits are very attractive.

I hope I've explained the question properly but I've always been curious about this and it's difficult to get the point across in writing. I guess what I'm trying to find out is how completely different the culture was in Germany compared to England (and the USA in particular - where they appear to be even more opposed to hairy women!)

Anybody know any Germans who might be able to answer this??

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm neither German nor a girl,but I think it looks weird to see women with the hair scraped off under their arms.It looks un-natural.

3. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

I'm too an English guy. I know up to 15-20 years ago it was common to see hairy legs/pits on women from central/eastern Europe, but these days they seem to have virtually all gone down the hairless route.

Used to see lots of young Polish women with hairy legs (pits weren't exposed in same way, but guess they were hairy too) in London looking in a shop window near where I worked at job vacancies. Then 10+ years ago there was a transformation + all the girls suddenly had shaved/waxed legs- shame!

It's sad they've lost this identity + felt the need to replicate US/ UK.

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

isn't there a German forum lurking about the Hip somewhere? You could try asking tehre and see if you get more responses perchance.

5. The Gremlin

The Gremlin Member

Thanks for the advice - question now posted on the German forum!

6. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

I heard it was the French that didnt/dont shave their armpits.

7. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

You've obviously not been to France! Most women there now shave, as does the rest of Europe as well. Couple of decades ago + up to when communism fell many European women didn't shave + hairy legs, pits, etc were a glorious common sight.

Now they are a real rarity + it's most likely a woman over 40 who doesn't shave. With all media images from US/UK + promotion of razors , etc you are very lucky to find a hairy woman, particularly a young one anywhere in Europe. Mores the pity!

8. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

yeah I'm Dutch and hairy (haha) but I don't know anyone who goes around like me.. only one time when I went to this ecocamping hahaha

9. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Mmmmmmmmmmm .... you sound very nice. Do you like going barefoot as well?

Mo

10. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

I do like that, but I never did it as a conscious 'going barefoot' thing. it's winter now so it's too cold but next summer I'll definately try to go barefoot more often :)

11. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Maybe this Summer, you will try more often and feel more free. I try going barefoot as much as I can during Summer except work. My feet gets very dirty but that is a true sign of a barefooter!

Keep em dirty

Mo

12. dirne

dirne Member

i'm german and i shave. most women in germany (and europe) shave as well. i don't think is has to do with age. mostly the trends i suppose.

13. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Member

14. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Member

hi im goingg to amsterdam ,in a few daays time , i love dutch giirls ,evn thhe hairy girls haha ,

15. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

haha yeah all dutch girls rock! (??)

16. Starshoot

Starshoot Member

Oh please .. i am german and i can belive that you really ask this question.... No like the Most Grils also German Girls are Shaven.... ( under there Arms and Legs...) . Why you thing German or Frensh Woman are diffrent from English ? Or did english Woman dont Shave ?..... please dont answer ,-)
    I thing its only the Different from Woman to woman and Age to Age if the do or not.. not from Country to Country.. insite Europe !

17. barefootbob1

barefootbob1 Member

I think it depends on the girl. On some "hippie-chicks" it's cute and attractive because you know they aren't doing because they're slobs or trash. It's part of who they are; part of their lifestyle. It has nothing to do with being German. It has to do with the type of person you are and whenther they can pull it off.

18. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

I completely agree with the last post. With the way the world is now, it doesnt really seem to matter where you live, it all depends on the type of person you are. I always wanted to be hairy when i was younger because i believe it is beautiful, and ive never understood scraping off hair from your body... maybe its there for a reason? My dad has never been a supporter, which made me feel like it is wrong. A couple years ago I moved across the country and have had complete freedom to become myself, because i live with myself, and I have become hairy. Hopefully I am one of those that can pull it off well :).... I go to the pool often near my school, and only several times have gotten rude comments, but at this point I really dont care because they are the ones who dont have an open mind, and I dont really want someone close to me who cant except some hair, that naturally grows in that spot. Im not a self centered person who spends hours grooming.

bit of a rant.... sorry, but it needed to come out.

19. Shale

Shale ~

lunatic_on_the_grass, not much of a rant. There is much prejudice in our Western culture against logical, natural things that ppl feel emboldened to be downright rude. Women in the US Canada and Europe have been shaving for so many generations now that ppl think they don't even have hair in their pits, so it seems shocking to see a natural woman.

My rants are in the form of published articles and here is the one on "Hair Acceptance."
    http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=135101

There are two pix posted with this article and they are of the same woman, who did not shave her legs either. She said (as lunatic mentioned) that she did not really want to meet any guys who could not accept her natural self.

In my article I too mentioned the Europeans as having more women with unshaven pits, but that was about a decade ago. It saddens me to see our unnatural "style" taking over the last holdout.

There are Websites just about hairy women and most of those shown appeared to be European women in athletic sleeveless shirts with their arms raised showing their beautiful armpit fur. So, that is my take on pit hair.

20. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

I'm really sorry that the world has turned into a place of tidy, correctness inspired, and sex-as-worry social relationships. Circumcision is out (might be dirty), pubic hair is shaved (might smell, itch, look gross), everyone carries douches, purell, sanitizers and wipes; and god forbid we should not shower before sex. One guy in the forums even told how his wife and he showered and took enemas prior to sex. Condoms are used, even when no fluids are released. "The scandalous German best-seller," “Wetlands,” by television personality and author, Charlotte Roche, recently reviewed by the NY Times, apparently addresses these matters. The author writes of her concerns thusly, “It’s...feminism of the body, that has to do with anxiety and repression and the fear that you stink, and this for me is clearly feminist, that one builds confidence with your own body,” (emphases mine.) "Ms. Roche’s critics say that it is just a modern spin on not shaving your legs, this time for the genital-waxing generation," writes the reviewer. But I think it goes deeper. As we evolved, we had scents to go along with looks. A womans cycle was controlled by the sweat scent of her mate - one of the many factors in the human rush to monogamy. As our need for fur gave way to the wearing of other animal's skin, we retained hair only where needed: on our heads as part protection of the brain (men - not necessary after twenty five!), in our pubic areas to hold the necessary and personal scents, and left over leg and arm hair from our fur days. As Garrison Keillor has so well stated, "don't look for any help from nature as you age, your purpose was procreation - and that is done." Over twenty five, we're on our own. The hair which continues to grow all over after thirty is a return to the natural. A stumbling, but gracious step by mother nature to warm our worthless years. Then ....'bye. What's wrong with the scent of a woman, captured and held for me by her pubic hair? I love it! As I do my own pubes, and the scent of my uncut penis they hold, and which has elicited many comments of joy from women sniffing around me for some fun. Sweat is good, it helps the body stay clean and cool. Under arm hair made the cut because we needed it to hold the moisture. If faced with a wound in the wild, with only swamp water for cleansing, try the most sterile liquid in the world (unless your kidneys are bad, in which case you shouldn't be in the wild): urine. Oh, it has a bit of uric acid in it to strengthen its powers of cleaning urethras, penises, and vaginas, but it is clean! Yeah, Jan and I smell when we start ripping off clothes at the end of a work day - isn't sex supposed to be a little down and dirty? But the smell of her pussy, enhanced by a little workaday sweat drives me nuts. Not to mention the taste! We are not into much anal, but the fingers swipe there from time to time. Even a poke inside has never produced a brown finger. Waiting for an enema to run its course would drive me to masturbation. I could go on and on; I have gone on and on. Folks, love you bodies, Give 'em a chance to work as designed. Take a nice warm shower AFTER sex and dry each other off. Work your fingers thru your partners pubes for a bit. Get to know the feel of going down and coming up later covered with various liquids and scents and carefully expectorating that pubic hair that has been driving you crazy the last fifteen minutes. Be human. Be an animal! ;););) :cheers2: