do you own a tv?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Echoing Moon, Jan 1, 2007.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nope, and i can't remember the last time i bought one. i must have at some time, but i know i haven't owned one of my own for at least half my life. my wife had one when she was alive. my mom always had one. a couple of places i've lived since my wife died came with one. there's one wasting space that isn't mine that doesn't work where i live now. if i want to watch something, its easier to find what interests me on you tube or vimeo, though it isn't always easy to do so on there either. i like to MAKE 3d models and animations, and see what other people created for a hobby.

2. *Mia*

*Mia* Members

We have one, big one in the living room, bought it few month ago.

3. bok1ca

bok1ca Members

I own few tvs. Most of them are in my basement as a backup. I only have a tv in the living room, where i spend time time with my family, and watch some series with them. In my room i don't have a tv because i don't need one, i have a personal computer and access to the internet. So, i can watch what i want whenever i want, that is the main reason why a tv in my room will be totally useless. It will be just a thing more, to clean when i wipe the dust :p

4. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I got one but I question why... A fish tank would look nice where it's sitting.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Fish tanks very therapeutic to watch that's for sure. You get yourself a nice matriarch like my red tail Stürm, she's awesome and you can lose time just watching her do her thing.

6. iglobal

iglobal Members

of course! most of us own a tv, and me is one of them....... I live with my family and see tv with them when get the time....otherwise i remain busy in my work.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I looked into it when looking for a new tv and really, those big curved ones seem a waste of money. Especially when you aren't watching alone and you can't sit in the exact middle. But even if you watch it alone the added perk of having a curved screen is not worth a few extra 100 dollars/euros.
    If I would get a new tv (not on the short term as i have a full hd one that's working fine for all my purposes) I would get about a 50'' as well, definitely not curved, but I would like the smart tv options. I think though that if one doesn't care about having a smart tv you can also save hundreds of dollars and spend it on an even bigger or higher quality screen.

Unfortunately cleaning them feels less therapeutic. And although a fish bowl is relatively less work, it is also far less fun to watch :p

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My big 3ft aquarium, it cycles itself pretty well and we just use a hose and nozzle to suck out about 1/3 of the water every few months. But we have a colony of unwanted snails that cleans it as well as two ugly cat fishes.

9. Bud D

Bud D Member

I just got a flat screen as a gift. Never had a flat screen before. I also have a blue ray DVD player. I don't have cable or satellite, just antenna which is ok, I get lot's of good channels and lot's of shitty ones just like cable or satellite.

10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

11. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yes, but I basically only know how to switch it on and off. Don't know how to record or setup netflix and it is usually completely off for a whole week every two weeks unless i'm super bored.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LG says a 60" version of this should be on the market by 2017

Think I'll wait for one of these for my next TV

http://youtu.be/AxbHpXE4VM0

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

TV? TV? I don't need no stinking TV....

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What's so good about it? Seems gadget hornyness to me.

I'm all for a good and big HD tv with nice improvements but what is actually so nice about a curved screen except that it looks really special? :p I don't think it makes the watching experience of a movie really better at all. And you would be paying hundreds of dollars extra (which might be worth it if it really enhanced/added something to the experience)

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

More for the portability of it, than the fact it actually curves.

Lightweight, and I assume after mass produced, cheaper

I dont watch enough TV to warrant more than 1 TV, one like that, probably only weighs a kilogram, easy to go from kitchen to loungeroom

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've been tempted to go buy a huge big 75" tv lately. But then I also want a surround sound system too.

1 person likes this.
  17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have one. It's hooked up to my xbox one. Anything I watch is watched using this set up because I don't have the cable turned on and no antenna.

18. DJammies

DJammies Members

No, I don't atm. But the folks that I live with do! But even with that, I actually still don't watch TV that much anyways.

19. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Members

20. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Once I run out of series I can just get on dvd, I'll see about getting a digital t.v. Should be during 2020 when I have ran out of a good stock of tv series I'm prone to get on dvd.