do you own a tv?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Echoing Moon, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Echoing Moon

Echoing Moon Member

I was just wondering how many people on the fourms owned a tv.

1 person likes this.
  2. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

I used to, but since I'm sharing a place now, I don't. My roommate has a nice sized one in the living room which we share. There isn't one in my bedroom, and there never will be. My bedroom is for two things, and TV watching is neither! Of course, that not totally accurate, because I keep my PC in here!

3. StartToday

StartToday Member

I own a tv right now, but when I move out in a year (I'm 17), I won't be taking it with me. Or buying a new one.

4. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I have two homes, basically. Half of the week I stay with my partner, and the other half I stay at my house. I have one TV at one place...and I don't have one at the other.

5. ImaMuffin

ImaMuffin Member

I have one, but It doesn't recieve any channels. you can only watch movies on it.

6. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

Who doesn't own a TV?

7. Mister_Casey

Mister_Casey Member

I have 5 TVs in my house, 3 of which are almost always on.

8. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I own five televisions, why, I have no clue, because I rarely ever watch. Only one of ours do we actually use, and honestly, I'd much rather read a good book than sit in front of it.

9. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

I have one, but I haven't had cable in a long time, which means there's very little to watch-there really isn't much at all on the local channels. Since I got involved with the Internet I watch even less.

I've always been real selective about what I watch on TV anyway. People that constantly sit in front of the TV and absorb whatever is coming over it, are ruining their minds. I know some pretty religious people that go on and on about how bad TV is, and refuse to own a TV. I keep telling them, look: it's not the TV that's bad, it's some of the things that are on it. If you're real selective about what you watch, it can be a pretty good thing. If not, it can just wreck your mind. It's all a matter of what you do with it.

If I do watch the thing, I'm mainly watching reruns of a few good old shows on one of the local stations, or BBC and Jim Lehrer News Hour on the PBS station. I might occasionally watch a few other things on the PBS station. Other than that, it pretty much stays off.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my wife owns one. we use it mostly as a monitor to play tapes.
    and even that not very often.
    there just isn't time to sit and be luled by a bunch of tedius gratuitously pseudo-conventional brainwashing crap.
    this internet and the stuff you can find free if you look to download from it, is way more gratifyingly entertaining then anything we can get without cable.
    and we can't really afford cable AND the internet, so we've never had cable.

we do listen to community supported alternative radio, even that only some of the time though.

creating and exploring are what gratify. we can create with the computer, off the net, and explore more with it on the net, then any other way currently available to us.

even getting up and walking arround, though we sometimes love to do that too, and would a lot more if we lived someplace a bit more inviting to doing so.

i really honestly and truely wish i could say we didn't own a damd idiot box.
    well, unless someone gave us a free cable service, but even then i'd rather have a broadband internet connection, which as it is, we only have dial-up.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. MisterEm

MisterEm Member

One in the living room, one in my roommate's bedroom, and two in the basement. One of the TV's in the basement is actually black & white. (It never gets used, but it works.)

12. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

yeah, i have one....but i seldom watch it...only films...

13. steckles

steckles Member

there are 4 tvs in my house...one is never used(guest bedroom), one we never turn on(upstairs living room), the one in our bedroom is to fall asleep to at night and then down stairs is the theatre/tv/lounge room - we really only need one not so sure where and why we ended up with 4....

and to top it off, I rarely ever can get a chance to actually sit and watch either a full show or a movie, always getting sidetracked between dogs, phone, etc...

14. LinaJo76

LinaJo76 Member

Yes. We have 2.

One in the living room and one in our bedroom. But we don't watch a lot of T.V. (well, I don't all during the day time). We mostly just watch our DVD's off of them and the news (got to know what's going on in the world everyday).

15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

We have 5,i do believe mine is the best!

A standard CRT set (Smaller one)

:)

16. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

Wow, didn't think I'd voted in this already.
    2 TV's in our household.

17. Blueyzz

Blueyzz Member

I own 3 tv's in my home. 1 in the living room, 1 in my son's room, and 1 in my room.

18. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I own a TV because I got it for free. I only watch it in the morning for the news, though. It is off 90% of the time. I usually just put on music and surf the internet or read in lieu of TV-watching.

19. RenmenTout

RenmenTout Member

Yes. I own a couple.

20. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I've got the biggest damn tv you ever saw!

Not so much big like wide screen, just plain ol' huge. It's an RCA tube type. It may be the last tube type RCA made, IDK, it looks pretty new. I've never seen a bigger 'regular type' tv.

I can't even lift it because my arms can't get around it, lol. A neighbor was going to leave it behind when he moved so I adopted it. I had to have him help me with it.

I very rarely use it. In fact I haven't even turned it on in probably 6 months.

I should just gut it and rent it out as a room.

If I ever move, that giant monster of a tv will most likely get left behind, just like the last owner did.