distilling green dragon

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by StonerBill, Nov 23, 2006.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

what happens when you evapourate off the alchohol from a green dragon preparation? will the thc collect at the bottom of teh water or make a layer on top or what?

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

we need an experiment for this one :O

3. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

u'd probably have better luck posting this in the general psychedelics forum

4. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

I think the green gunk containing thc will float. Or will it not separate??? mmm I wouldnt think so.

If you didnt strain the best you could...trichomes and bits of leaf should settle in the bottom

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

no leaf, no trichomes, its all been extracted by the alcohol. so theres dissolved cannabinoids, what happens to them when you get rid of the alcohol? when using just alcohol, the method seems to say that a sort of hash oil /residue is left over which you can smoke. but if the compound is first dissolved in water/alcohol mixture, residue wont just form the same as if there was no water. so what -would- happen?

6. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

hmmmm.... I think that if the alcohol were to be removed than the THC and water would emulsiy. I don't know if THC sinks or floats though (i'd guess sink).

7. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

float I would say. Doest oil float over water? It wouldnt be pure thc though. There would be a layer of stuff on top and the water would be green.

What do you want to do?

8. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh there would definately be the chlorophyl and stuff from teh plant matter

anyway im jsut curious because i cant find any info on it.

bong water has a layer of oils on the top, but it could be anything

there really needs to be some chemical analysis of bong water, widescale, from real bongs (not bothering with experiemental conditions etc)