Turning Crack into Cocaine

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by Shaman420, Jul 27, 2004.

1. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

good poetry though tarantism

2. crazydiamond75

crazydiamond75 Member

Actually, none of this is as ca-ca as it seems. If a person happens to score lousy/cut Old Man Winter, it's easy to freebase it (thereby removing the schlock), and then reform the salt with dry gas.

The result is beautiful non-hygroscopic crystals, and I've always liked DCM for the organic solvent in felonious rxn's....[​IMG]

3. mictihtoya

mictihtoya Member

Crack is usually close to pure cocaine freebase, like 70-95% pure. Street samples of crack are on average more pure than street samples of cocaine.

4. polymer

polymer Senior Member

that's a given.

a "free base" is the pure form of any alkaloid. an HCl salt is a more stable (but less pure) form.

5. polymer

polymer Senior Member

DCM is a somewhat polar solvent. hexane works best with most alkaloids

6. ILoveHose-n-Pumps

ILoveHose-n-Pumps Member

Whats the differance between crack and freebase? I thought crack was just freebased coke. Back when I was a young man before crack was around, me and a fyew friends would sit around my kitchen table puttin coke and baking soda into a table spoon with some water. We would heat the spoon over a candle untill the water bubbled and the cut from the coke would stick together at the botom of the spoon with the bakin soda while the coke(freebase)would float to the top like a semi translusent chip. I thought we were just freebasin. Were we actually makin crack? What is crack anyway? Isnt it just freebase? If it is, there shouldnt be any bakin soda in yer crack.

7. polymer

polymer Senior Member

that's all correct.

the whole premise behind converting the hydrochloride salt to the free base form, is to improve the efficiency of getting cocaine in your bloodstream via smoking. coke is packaged as HCl salt, for stability. this ionic salt has a much higher boiling point (~ 195ÂșC), trying to smoke it would be quite wasteful; so, people dissolve the cocaine HCl in water (all HCl salts are water soluble), treat it with a base (in crack's case, sodium bicarbonate), and wash off the impurities.

8. ILoveHose-n-Pumps

ILoveHose-n-Pumps Member

And my momma said I wasnt good for nothin!

9. sneak

sneak Member

your wrong whoever was talking bout turning this shit into coke:

clean ur base as instructed, to remove shit then do as follows:

disolve ur shit in anhydrous ether/acetone then if you put 1g of clean base in ur ether/acetone, mark it beaker A.

Get another glass (beaker B), put in same amount in as A in B but use pure anhydrous acetone. (20ml~)

get ur scales out that weigh to 0.00g

put ur beaker with acetone on scales, tare scales to 0.00.

get out ur 36% hydrochloric acid. weigh 0.33g of it in the beaker of acetone, use a pipette.

measure amount of drops of acid. get our ur anhydrous Isopropyl alcohol. drip in same amount of drops of it as u did with acid.

stir both beakers, mix beaker B into beaker A.

stir 5 seconds.

watch.

leave 2 hrs, cover with cling film.

filter, wash with acetone in filter, press dry, wait for acetone to evaporate, wont take long. use a lamp to speed up process. open ur filter an check ur pearly shit.

10. jammon

jammon Member

yeah the last post is fine I guess, it's really easy actually

Simply dissolve 1 gr of freebase coke in 15 ml. of anhydrous acetone and add dropwise 1:1 HCL acid/Ethanol
    Though nothing gets as good as pure stuff extracted from the leaf.

[​IMG]

11. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

i,d like to cook up that chunk lol

1 person likes this.
  12. masada

masada Member

If you're planning to shoot it, just substitute vinegar or lemon juice for the water. Otherwise, I'm sure if you dissolve your crack into vinegar then let it evaporate you'd be left with the water soluable HCl form.

13. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

my suggestion to the OP would be to smoke the crack and learn what "synthesis" means.

14. lfj1958@yahoo.com

lfj1958@yahoo.com Members

How do you rock up a gram of coke?