• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Shaman420

Shaman420

Herbalist

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted July 27 2004 - 02:59 PM

Okay, now I'm aware of the chemical synthesis involved in turning cocaine HCI into its freebase form, but what about doing the opposite? First of all is it possible, and secondly how complicated is the synthesis? And lets say I was able to get two grams of crack cocaine how much cocaine HCI would come out of the synthesis? Any one with any knowledge on any of this, especially Ellis, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

...Rainbow Nation culture of the HARMONIC VIBRATION here for the Synchronization of the Eternal Equation...

Aum sumukhaya namah \

#2 NewNoise

NewNoise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted July 27 2004 - 03:03 PM

It's possible, and I'm sure there are plenty of informational websites about it. Start out at www.erowid.org. That's a good site on information on all kinds of drugs, and it has links to other sites with a lot of helpful information. If I find anything else, I'll post it on here for you too.

There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first.

Jim Morrison

#3 Shaman420

Shaman420

Herbalist

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted July 27 2004 - 03:04 PM

Well I did check out erowid and all I came up with was how to turn cocaine HCI into crack cocaine.

...Rainbow Nation culture of the HARMONIC VIBRATION here for the Synchronization of the Eternal Equation...

Aum sumukhaya namah \

#4 eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD

• 1,506 posts

Posted July 27 2004 - 03:28 PM

Why would you want to turn crack into cocaine, exactly?

The reason crack's so inexpensive is because there's hardly any cocaine in it; most of the product is made up of baking soda...so if you were thinkg of buying rock and turning it into cheap coke, well...you're better off just buying plain cocaine. ;)
Scott: Okay, Houston. As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore.

#5 Shaman420

Shaman420

Herbalist

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted July 27 2004 - 04:20 PM

No, see a friend of mine went to buy a 2 grams of regular coke, and he was sold crack instead. So instead of being totally ripped off I was wondering whether you could change it back to cocaine hci.

Aum sumukhaya namah \

#6 EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp

Green Secessionist

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted July 27 2004 - 05:55 PM

I've never actually TRIED this, but here's how I would go about it:

First off, you want to get rid of all the baking soda in the rocks. Crush them to a fine powder, and mix the powder with distilled water. The baking soda will go into solution, but the cocaine freebase won't. Run the mixture through a filter, and discard the clear liquid (baking soda and H2O) that comes out. Scrape all the remaining gunk off the filter paper, and spread it out to dry under a heatlamp.

Then take the scrapings, and dissolve them in diethyl ether. This time, the cocaine will go into solution, but most remaining impurities will not. Run the solution through another filter, this time discarding anything that gets caught in the filter. The clear ether filtrate contains your cocaine freebase, which can be recovered via evaporation (caution--ether fumes are explosive!) and smoked as-is.

If you want cocaine hydrochloride, you need to set up an HCl gas generator, such as the one described at:

http://www.rhodium.w...lgas.argox.html

, and bubble the resulting gas through the ether solution. Cocaine HCl crystals should then fall out of the solution as a white precipitate.

And lets say I was able to get two grams of crack cocaine how much cocaine HCI would come out of the synthesis?

No more than originally went into making the crack, obviously. And given the simple nature of the above procedure, certainly somewhat less than that, depending on your lab skills. No extraction is 100% efficient.

One of the reasons crack became so popular is that it gives a powerful high from a relatively small amount of cocaine. There isn't all that much cocaine base in a lump of crack. Unless you have access to huge amounts of crack at a cheap price, you would be better off just buying the powdered coke rather than trying to extract it from crack.
Ellis D. Tripp
ellisdtripp@hipplanet.com

"Society is like stew--if you don't keep it stirred up, you end up with a lot of scum on the top!"--Edward Abbey

#7 SoFarAway

SoFarAway

Friendly Fried Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted July 28 2004 - 03:01 PM

EllisDTripp, your the man.
Posted Image

#8 BraveHeart

BraveHeart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted July 31 2004 - 07:19 PM

yep, the guru of google
;)

#9 EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp

Green Secessionist

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted July 31 2004 - 07:31 PM

Are you suggesting that my post was plagiarized from some other source? If so, care to provide a link? Put up or shut up, as they say....

What I posted was a simple extraction dependent on the same solubility differences used in the preparation of freebase cocaine from powder. As I stated, I haven't actually tried going from crack (or freebase) to coke HCl, but the underlying chemistry here is simple stuff, strictly first-year college chem. Certainly nothing I had to Google for. The Rhodium link came right out of my chemistry bookmarks file.

What I DID do a little "research" on is your IP. Interesting how it's exactly the same as "wandrnshaman", who was banned, and "pinocchio", another snotty little shitstirrer who you have posted in the same threads as. Using multiple aliases in the same thread, and registering new accounts to evade a ban are both against the forum guidelines, so you can kiss your 2 new accounts goodbye now, as well.

And the temporary ban on "wandrnshaman", which was going to be lifted in a couple weeks, is now permanent. :)
Ellis D. Tripp
ellisdtripp@hipplanet.com

"Society is like stew--if you don't keep it stirred up, you end up with a lot of scum on the top!"--Edward Abbey

#10 crackforkids

crackforkids

• 1,291 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 10:36 AM

dont be defensive ellis. maybe he meant the link you posted.

#11 Mui

Mui

• 4,078 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 10:40 AM

Dont do fucking coke

Fucking dumbass

#12 SoFarAway

SoFarAway

Friendly Fried Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 09:28 AM

Don't tell people what to do.

Let them find their own way.
Posted Image

#13 geckopelli

geckopelli

• 2,862 posts

Posted August 05 2004 - 02:33 PM

Speaking from experience, a couple modifications:

I've never actually TRIED this, but here's how I would go about it:

First off, you want to get rid of all the baking soda in the rocks. Crush them to a fine powder, and mix the powder with distilled water. The baking soda will go into solution, but the cocaine freebase won't.

Run the mixture through a filter, and discard the clear liquid (baking soda and H2O) that comes out. Scrape all the remaining gunk off the filter paper, and spread it out to dry under a heatlamp.
[instead, decant several times]

Then take the scrapings, and dissolve them in diethyl ether. This time, the cocaine will go into solution, but most remaining impurities will not. Run the solution through another filter, this time discarding anything that gets caught in the filter. The clear ether filtrate contains your cocaine freebase, which can be recovered via evaporation (caution--ether fumes are explosive!) and smoked as-is.

[anhydrous acetone works well.]

If you want cocaine hydrochloride, you need to set up an HCl gas generator, such as the one described at:

http://www.rhodium.w...lgas.argox.html

, and bubble the resulting gas through the ether solution. Cocaine HCl crystals should then fall out of the solution as a white precipitate.

[adding HCL acid dropwise as the solution is swirled will also work, as long as the product is thoroughly dried]

[but all in all, you're probably wasting your time.

[b]just dissove in acetone, filter, and add HCL dropwise. Filter.[/b]
The product won't be pure, but it will work.
Personally, I'd smoke it or toss it.]

#14 phaedros

phaedros

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted April 29 2006 - 04:22 AM

if a person wanted to make cocaine out of crack that they were gonna slam..............simply take about a nickle,put in spoon,add lemon juice,let disolve,draw up and get wide eyed..lol

#15 Jennasia

Jennasia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted May 02 2006 - 08:49 PM

Wow, what a wealth of knowledge.

#16 Tarantism

Tarantism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 06:15 PM

Who Buys Crack!?!?!
TarANtiSm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Set.
Setting.
Drug.

#17 Tarantism

Tarantism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 06:16 PM

reprise: an ode to makin crack:

WHO MAKES CRACK!?!??!
TarANtiSm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Set.
Setting.
Drug.

#18 Shaman420

Shaman420

Herbalist

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 10:28 PM

Why is this thread still alive?!

Aum sumukhaya namah \

#19 Tarantism

Tarantism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 11:32 PM

i get bored and browse. i dont ever look at postdates. usually stoned. goodnight, thread.
TarANtiSm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Set.
Setting.
Drug.

#20 thrice989

thrice989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 07:59 PM

He was mocking you ellis. I know it. I felt it. haha.. kidding. i dunno sounds pretty rude to me

Animals tear away at his carcass,
Staring down at his face, I'm heartless,
Trapped in my own place of darkness,
Mourn for me with the burning cypress,
I'll take you to my throne; you can be my princess.

#21 trippedelia

trippedelia

wow

• Members
  • 3,076 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 02:26 AM

good poetry though tarantism
And through the window in the wall
Comes streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning.

#22 crazydiamond75

crazydiamond75

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted June 29 2006 - 01:43 PM

Actually, none of this is as ca-ca as it seems. If a person happens to score lousy/cut Old Man Winter, it's easy to freebase it (thereby removing the schlock), and then reform the salt with dry gas.

The result is beautiful non-hygroscopic crystals, and I've always liked DCM for the organic solvent in felonious rxn's....Posted Image

#23 mictihtoya

mictihtoya

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 08:04 PM

Crack is usually close to pure cocaine freebase, like 70-95% pure. Street samples of crack are on average more pure than street samples of cocaine.

#24 polymer

polymer

• 1,622 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 11:31 AM

that's a given.

a "free base" is the pure form of any alkaloid. an HCl salt is a more stable (but less pure) form.

#25 polymer

polymer

• 1,622 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 11:32 AM

The result is beautiful non-hygroscopic crystals, and I've always liked DCM for the organic solvent in felonious rxn's....Posted Image

DCM is a somewhat polar solvent. hexane works best with most alkaloids

#26 ILoveHose-n-Pumps

ILoveHose-n-Pumps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 04:21 AM

Whats the differance between crack and freebase? I thought crack was just freebased coke. Back when I was a young man before crack was around, me and a fyew friends would sit around my kitchen table puttin coke and baking soda into a table spoon with some water. We would heat the spoon over a candle untill the water bubbled and the cut from the coke would stick together at the botom of the spoon with the bakin soda while the coke(freebase)would float to the top like a semi translusent chip. I thought we were just freebasin. Were we actually makin crack? What is crack anyway? Isnt it just freebase? If it is, there shouldnt be any bakin soda in yer crack.

#27 polymer

polymer

• 1,622 posts

Posted August 17 2006 - 03:13 PM

that's all correct.

the whole premise behind converting the hydrochloride salt to the free base form, is to improve the efficiency of getting cocaine in your bloodstream via smoking. coke is packaged as HCl salt, for stability. this ionic salt has a much higher boiling point (~ 195ÂșC), trying to smoke it would be quite wasteful; so, people dissolve the cocaine HCl in water (all HCl salts are water soluble), treat it with a base (in crack's case, sodium bicarbonate), and wash off the impurities.

#28 ILoveHose-n-Pumps

ILoveHose-n-Pumps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted August 18 2006 - 01:41 AM

And my momma said I wasnt good for nothin!

#29 sneak

sneak

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 03:02 PM

your wrong whoever was talking bout turning this shit into coke:

clean ur base as instructed, to remove shit then do as follows:

disolve ur shit in anhydrous ether/acetone then if you put 1g of clean base in ur ether/acetone, mark it beaker A.

Get another glass (beaker B), put in same amount in as A in B but use pure anhydrous acetone. (20ml~)

get ur scales out that weigh to 0.00g

put ur beaker with acetone on scales, tare scales to 0.00.

get out ur 36% hydrochloric acid. weigh 0.33g of it in the beaker of acetone, use a pipette.

measure amount of drops of acid. get our ur anhydrous Isopropyl alcohol. drip in same amount of drops of it as u did with acid.

stir both beakers, mix beaker B into beaker A.

stir 5 seconds.

watch.

leave 2 hrs, cover with cling film.

filter, wash with acetone in filter, press dry, wait for acetone to evaporate, wont take long. use a lamp to speed up process. open ur filter an check ur pearly shit.

#30 jammon

jammon

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted July 20 2012 - 11:04 PM

yeah the last post is fine I guess, it's really easy actually

Simply dissolve 1 gr of freebase coke in 15 ml. of anhydrous acetone and add dropwise 1:1 HCL acid/Ethanol
Though nothing gets as good as pure stuff extracted from the leaf.

Posted Image