tattoo help please post

Discussion in 'Art' started by iscreamchocolate, Jul 27, 2004.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

hi... I am planning on getting a tattoo but I was wondering if any of you have pictures or anything related to: fairies,wings,rain,tears,butterflies...
    anything related to that... Because i want my tattoo to be somethign like that.. or even with eyes. please post up any pictures that you have or that you can get.. for some ideas... Thank you :p:p

2. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

here's some cool designs...yea, i'll post more too cuz im bored...

3. Tristen

Tristen PushTheLilDaisies

I have seen some really beautiful pictures on "fairy" sites. Just type "fairy" or "faery" in the search engine (yahoo and google are good). The fae sites are amazing. I am really not into color tattoos, and I have seen some amazing b/w drawings and photos on there.. Also, the Women's Dictionary of Signs and Symbols.. Great stuff in there..Let us know how it turns out.. Yipeee!!

4. TheLittleOne

here's some mo'.....

5. Blue_sky

Blue_sky Guest

Where are you thinking of having the tattoo? That would help us a bit.

My gf is thinking of getting a butterfly tattoo just left of her hip bone.

6. iscreamchocolate

the back my shoulder blade :):)

7. iscreamchocolate

ohyes and thanks for your guys's ideas.. keep them comming :):)

8. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

get an idea. a picture and look at it every day for 6 months. if u still like it then get it. my cousin has a tattoo she just picked off the wall and regrets getting it

9. muchacho

muchacho Member

thats a good idea. i also have a rule that you have to wait one full year between body piercings/tattoos.

a girl i knew had a cool fairy tattoo. trying to find pic for you.

10. TheLittleOne

what?? wait a year in btw peircing/tats? i think i broke that rule. my first tattoo was last aug 2, my 18th bday....soo it's almost been a year (next mon's my bday!!) and i have five tattoos, and three peircings, and i peirced my cartilage and earlobes three times myself...

11. muchacho

muchacho Member

LOL. i don't count ears (cheatin, i know)

its just i find tattoos and piercings addictive . i get such a buzz that i want to go out the very next day for something else. thats why i gave myself that time limit.

12. TheLittleOne

yea, i know that feeling. right after you walk out of the tattoo shop, you wanna go right back in! lol. i know i have my whole life to get tattooed...like wheni have more money to actually afford it...but im usually broke, and ive managed about $400 worth of tats/peircings in the last year...so yea...i'd say i'm an addict, lol

13. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

I'd never get a tattoo if I knew full well someone else had it too. It just isn't as special to me.

Some people see tattoos as body art, and get something pretty.

I see it as a statement about your self, and would rather something meaningful, thoughtful and unique. Something all your own.

14. TheLittleOne

you can get the designs changed to your taste...

15. torz

torz Member

you should wait a full year anyway between any body art! you have to remember that your are putting foreign objects in to you body (ink is still a foregin object) & your body tries to expell these. having a lot of body art without leaving a big enough time gap is too much for your body to take, it cant heal everything at once.

i pearcerd a young lad two years ago, he got so addicted he kept comming back. i kept telling him to slow down, leave long time gaps before getting more piercings. i refused to pierce him after his 6th piercing so he went somewhere else, they pierced his tounge for him, he died two days later, his body was over exhaused from all the healing it had to do!

16. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

WOW! Y'know, it makes perfect sense...but it's just not something I or anyone I've ever known would really think about....that's crazy!

I only have a couple of piercings though myself. But that's cause I have no money. If I could I'd have tons. But when I get to that point I'll definitely remember this.

17. iscreamchocolate

thanks you guys for your help :):)

18. nymway

nymway Member

You know if you're really interested in a tattoo you should try deriving ideas from within. I mean help is ok to give you ideas on what you want, but you should actually talk to your tattooist and work on your image together. Tattoo's are permanent, and should be something you never look at and say "what the hell was I thinking."

But good luck on your tattoo, I am sure it will turn out awesome.

19. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

about what Torz was saying--I'm learning about acupuncture and according to ancient and modern chinese research, there are meridians running through your body corresponding with heart, intestines, gall bladder and other things. If you want to hurt someone, activating different meridians in particular orders (much like a combination lock) you can easily increase the pain by an amazing amount, or simply knock them out. I have had the pain demonstrated on me hundreds of times, and so I know it is more than bullshit. A lot more. I can totally understand skeptisim though.
    ANYWAY I'm rambling... my point is, getting a tattoo or a piercing on a meridian makes it active ALL THE TIME. This subtly yet effectively exhausting for the body, and makes corresponding meridians -hellishly- more sensitive.
    ...Or wonderfully, depending on the situation I would imagine. ;)

20. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

if u get a tatto u regret getting come on over and i'll take it off with a cheese grater. i was gonna do it for a freind of mine once.