How much does beer cost??

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Kloud_Seven, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Kloud_Seven

Kloud_Seven Member

I know this seems like a dumb question but I have never bought beer and I can't find anything online,which is just crazy.

Anyway,I'm throwing a party at my house on friday for the first time,so I wanted to know how much a 24 or 18 pack of beer would cost.I also would like to know what kind of liquor I should get for taking shots.so if anyone can tall me any good stuff that would be great.

At the little get togethers I use to go to,I would usually have shots of yager or Hypnotiq.Hipnotiq is to much though cause I'm on a budget, any ideas?

2. Kloud_Seven

Kloud_Seven Member

I have no liquor store in my area,thats why I have to get a ride across town to have a friend buy it for me.

3. Kloud_Seven

Kloud_Seven Member

I live in Black Forest colorado_Out here we have a lot of trees and open space.Unforunately I don't have a car,so walking to any store around here would take awhile.

4. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

In future if you are serious about keeping your costs low, brew your own. The savings is incredible.

BUt since you have no time for this any domestic brand will be cheap, miller, bud ect. You could also make it a gangsta style party and buy 40's which are also a good value for the thrifty drinker, and it'll get you crunked. "You'll be fuckin fat bitches in no time" I suggest something generic like bud if you have to please a wide variety of drinkers.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

i dont recommend doing shots of cheap liquor. cheap liquors are suitable for consumption only in small amounts and usually only in mixed drinks. i say buy a case or two of cheap beer (cheap and strong is a good combination if youre looking for the most bang for your buck....in that case i'd suggest malt liquor)

depending on your location (taxes) and what brand you want to buy, beer can cost almost anything.....

you can often get a 12pk of natural light for only a few dollars, but its some of the worst beer imaginable. on the other hand, you can find places that will sell a single 22oz bottle of good beer for $5-15 each (around here you can get 22oz bottles of unibroue for $6-7, chimay, piraat and gulden draak for $11, stone brewing company usually costs $4-6....and so on....)

6. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

i got 8 cans for £5 not sure what that is in dollars, i shall go check

7. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

$9.29

8. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Get a few 12 packs of 211. They have 8.1% alcohol and the 12 packs are only $6 in my town. Maybe some Colt 45. That's pretty cheap too, and it will fuck you up. Old English is another good one that's pretty cheap.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, if you ever need to figure that out without a currency converter, in the past few years the pound has averaged around 1.50 USD....usually a little more than that.....but in a pinch a decent estimation can be made by multiplying the price by 1.5.....note that the larger the numbers involved are, the more difference there will be between the estimated price and the actual price....

10. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

at the bar about a mile from my house...a bottle of beer cost $2...slightly outragously high for 1 beer IMO

11. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

Dirk... Canada isn't a "dry" country. But in Saskatchewan you can't buy beer at the grocery store, or at the 7-11. You can only buy beer at the Liquor Board Store, or at the Off Sale (a store behind certain bars that will sell you cold beer for a slightly marked up price).

12. fistermister

fistermister Member

I can get cheap beer for about $13 (Australian) a 6 pack. Thats about US$9.78... But if i'm really desperate I can get a 750ml bottle of strong, cheap, sparkling wine (that tastes like fermented donkey piss) for about $4, or around US$3