Why that slightly heavy girl is hot (while others are not)

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by kurius, Jul 5, 2006.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

yep (ducks)

2. spooner

spooner is done.

it could be worse. i could know your daughters.

3. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I'm fat and I figure that if a guy wants me then he's attracted to me.

As for the idiots like Spooner....fat girls don't want your small dick anyways, so you are really just protecting your fragile ego by avoiding us. :p

4. spooner

spooner is done.

pretty fine line between confidence and self-conciousness, eh.

in fact i don't think i said anything terribly offensive in this thread. i said that a) i don't find overweight girls attractive b)i don't think confidence can make an ugly chick attractive and c)if people are so truly "happy" about being fat, why use euphemisms for a self-characteristic unless somehow ashamed of it.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

duuuude, that's my SON....

6. spooner

spooner is done.

;)

7. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

Don't worry. You're safe. I assure you, you'll never get the opportunity to ride either one of them. Ever. [​IMG]

This is exactly what I meant on the first page of this thread, where I said that people apparently feel like it's perfectly OK to insult slender women.

Unlike Fat Freddy here, I prefer slender, but you won't see me insulting women who are carrying a few pounds extra. That would be mean. That would suck.

8. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

some women are attractive, some are not... ppl certainly have differing tastes. i'm slightly heavy and my boyfriend has admitted that he normally prefers thin girls but he seems to really like my body anyway, so whatever... i'm not sure what makes myself attractive. probably just my personality with him because i certainly attract more guys when i'm single and skinny... (i get fat when i'm with someone... usually because i'm happy... and am generally more attractive when i'm single i think.. probably because i'm a little insecure...) oh well... i don't know the answers...

9. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

I think it's safe to say everyone is attractive to someone. In the town where I went to college, there was a couple famous for their oddness. They were always seen together, never apart. The man was at least six-foot-six, probably taller, but he had very short legs for his height and a long, stringbean body. He had a long neck, a prominent adam's apple, almost no chin whatsoever, and thick glasses that magnified his eyes to the size of a giraffe's. The woman wasn't over four feet tall: technically, I guess she'd be a dwarf, but her proportions were more or less normal except for her butt, which was HUGE. She had curly black hair on her arms, under her jawline, and showing at her cleavage, and an enormous, thick, oily, salt-and-pepper mane growing all the way down her back--beautiful, in and of itself. Her skin was a weird, blotchy olive color. It looked dirty. Both of them always wore the same clothes, which were definitely filthy. It seemed as though they never took them off, like maybe they even slept in them. Needless to say, you didn't want to be downwind.

They were standing in line in front of me at the supermarket once (I'd seen them before, you really couldn't miss them) and the guy behind me said very softly, under his breath, "Kinda makes you wonder what the good Lord had in mind, doesn't it?" I turned and looked at his face. He clearly wasn't trying to be mean. His expression was puzzled and sad.

But I don't think they were sad. They'd found each other, and that's nice.

There's someone for everyone, apparently.

10. fairydustdreams65

fairydustdreams65 Member

I think its because theres two kind of large women some who are kind of "thick" not fat as in sloppy and nasty but think and carry themselves well while there can be woman who are just fat and gross as well as men .

11. spooner

spooner is done.

i'd hardly consider a fashion model's weight normal. you'd be better off looking at hollywood.

12. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

I'd hardly consider that normal, either.

I love my plump boobs and curvy butt. So there.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

for somebody in good aerobic shape it is. by the end or running season i usually weigh between 160 and a 165 pounds, which is probably about the same as a 5 foot 5 chick weighing 105 pounds. it isn't that hard to do.

i'm not here to rag on you. i just don't support the view that because most people don't weigh something it is somehow a bad goal.

14. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

that's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.

15. spooner

spooner is done.

look at the weight of boston marathon winners

16. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I've known exceptionally athletic, confident and intelligent women who are like alcoholics - they lie lie lie lie about their eating disorders. Thin women are alright, but as soon as they get skinny - I'm sorry - I have known far too many of them to think otherwise - but I assume they have recently developped an eating disorder.

You'd be suprised how many yoga women, soccer players, tennis players, ad nauseum I know personally who only eat 1 muffin in three days.

Anyway, eating disorders are off subject...

*waves hand dismissively*

17. Malapascua

Malapascua Member

The simple one word answer to the question "WHY?"
    A T T I T U D E.

I have dated many overweight women and the one thing they had in common was their attitude. They seem to be in touch with the male psyche(sp), they are almost like one of the guys in matters of the mind. And the older heavy women know what they want (sexually) and they know how to please.

It's all about how they see themselves.

18. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

No, for some of us, it really is all about how we see them. Speaking only for myself (see my earlier posts about my one failed attempt to get my mind right about an overweight girlfriend) I couldn't shake the impression that she was wearing a rubber suit. She never looked naked to me, even when she was starkers. She looked like she was wearing jiggling latex with cleverly crafted realistic nipples molded into it. Never mind her bush and vulva: her stomach hung over that.

As I said earlier, it didn't gross me out, and it didn't mean I didn't think she was terrific, it was just that sexually... nothing.

I don't know what the big deal is. Like, I happen to be bald, but you won't hear me saying shit like "bald is beautiful." To some women, it isn't. I'm sure there are women reading this who'd say, "Yuck! Give me someone with hair!" Thank goodness, there are also women who think bald guys are hot, just like there are guys who say, "The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'."

It's all a matter of preference, isn't it?

19. Malapascua

Malapascua Member

Point taken.
    It's how they see themselves AND it is how their partnes sees them.
    If she won't undress in front of a guy (unless it is too dark to see) then she doesn't see herself in a posative way, and if the guy doesn't like what he sees, then chances are he won't be in a room where she wouls undress anyway.

20. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

Believe me, the woman I was talking about definitely saw herself in a positive light. Never mind undressing in the dark: she usually didn't wear clothes at all when we were alone. In fact, we once went to a hot tub party where she was the only female who didn't bother with a swim suit.

Truth be told, if anything, she was a bit of an exhibitionist.