Why that slightly heavy girl is hot (while others are not)

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by kurius, Jul 5, 2006.

1. kurius

kurius Guest

Is there any chance I could ask you for a quick comment for a short article I'm writing?

Here's the gist: Most guys have encountered a woman or two in their lives who was a bit on the heavy side, maybe 15 to 25 pounds overweight, but for some strange mixture of reasons, it didn't stop this particular woman from being very attractive--even hot. Guys who don't usually like heavier women are attracted to her, before anything sexual occurs.

For some reason, when you look at this particular woman, you don't predominantly "see" a heavy chick in your mind's eye. You only see a sexy chick or a woman you'd like to date.

The question is, Why?

What specifically was it about this particular woman you're thinking of--- looks-wise, physically, personality-wise, whatever---that gave her "it"? What was different about her, or how did she create this aura?

If you could give me any quick insights you have based on a woman you've known like this, that would be terrific. Alternatively, below are some factors the women I've known had in common, and please feel free to comment on any. I'll certainly give you more info about the article before using any of your comments.

They all dressed really, really well
    They had top-shelf lingerie and wore it with style --black lace bra under the white shirt, etc.
    Long hair
    Great skin
    Nice hands/toenails---they take care of the small details
    Fantastic smile, and they smile very often
    They're very good at flirting--they know how to do it a bit aggressively without ever losing control or coming across as desperate
    They're athletic--they play tennis, work out, etc.
    Voice? Not with the 2 women I knew, but maybe it's a factor for others.

Thanks very much,
    Ron
    kurius36@hotmail.com

2. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I would say that more men than one would think are attracted to large, curvy women but keep it to themselves because it is socially acceptable only to admit attraction to thin women.

3. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

I'm not so sure about that. My estranged wife is a very slender woman, and she'd tell you it's apparently considered politically correct for complete strangers to come up to her and say, "I hate you." I've caught flack myself for being involved with such a willowy creature: "Feed that girl something." But there's nothing wrong with her appetite. She's just built that way.

As far as the initial question is concerned, that's never happened to me. I'm not attracted to heavy women at all. I like the "Calista Flockhart" types.

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

why the weight limit in the overweight-edness?

for me (female not male) it's just been that it suits the woman... they still have curves, still retain a good hip to waist ratio, and don't obsess over their weight. I'd rather have an overweight woman who was happy with herself than a skinny one who obsessed over her weight and diet

5. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

it's because she knows she's hot. How a woman feels about herself is what makes her beautiful.

6. badwolf

badwolf Member

I know a few girls that are in the 15-30 lbs overweight bracket and they are gorgeous.

And I think it goes back to what mamaboogie said...

I don't think weight should be a determining factor if a girl is beautiful or not. I think it is the girl's aura and her self-confidence.

7. MissJo

MissJo Member

Exactly.

I'm a heavy girl, anyone who has seen me will agree with that. I'm not ashamed of it at all, in fact, my philosophy is "As long as I don't look in a mirror, I'm the hottest thing in the room."

Since i've been old enough to date, I haven't been without a boyfriend. Or a couple boyfriends.

I think Mamaboogie is right. She knows she's beautiful, whether other people know it or not.

8. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I think women who are beautiful but don't realize it are much more attractive that the women who KNOW they are goodlooking. Think its the ego and attitute that repulses me.

I like to think that we would find one women from the "line up" more attractive than the others because of something we sense coming from INSIDE her.... but I do find the insides to be what makes me stick around.

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

WHO is to decide what "overweight" is? The CDC and medical experts change their mids frequently, and we can't trust the media, as most womyn in the media are frighteninly UNDERweight, and all are judged by them.

10. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

WHO is to decide what "overweight" is? The CDC and medical experts change their minds frequently, and we can't trust the media, as most womyn in the media are frighteninly UNDERweight, and all are judged by them.

11. Josh_the_Small

Josh_the_Small Member

Beyond that, she's flawed and proud of it. I mean, everyone knows being heavier than a supermodel isn't a flaw. But it seems to be to the stupid.
    Someone who is killing themselves to fit that supermodel standard is miserable and weak.
    The slightly overweight girl has an aloofness to such standards and confidence which is incredibly attractive, while she is still has a level of fat that most men can deal with.

12. spooner

spooner is done.

A chick's definition of beautiful is way different than a guys. And the sad fact is that all the self-confidence in the world won't make an ugly girl hot or a fat girl skinny.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

you could just as easily argue that people's bias is skewed the other way because of the average rate of obesity in America.

14. ninja_monkee

ninja_monkee Member

Agreed. Although I still think some fat women are hot.

I think it's the boobs that does it for me, honestly. Though I would not be attracted to someone who didn't have a pretty face.

15. Kiyohiko

Kiyohiko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. Weight for the most part has never been a determining factor as to how attractive I find a woman. I've met some females that are extremely attractive if nothing more by virtue their mindset and personalities. If I can't connect on a personal and intellectual level, just the physical doesn't give me a whole lot.

16. driftwood_74

driftwood_74 Level 88

A societies definition of beauty (or what the ideal weight is) changes with time. Look at what Renaissance painters depicted as the ideal beauty. These women would fit into the overweight category by today’s standards. Does that make her any less beautiful?
    Some women just ooze sexuality and this has nothing to do with her weight. Self confidence and flirtiness are a huge turn on for me. If the woman seems like she would be fun to be with, its “all systems go.” It’s all about having a good time, isn’t it? A super model could be the worst lay in the world if she has the wrong attitude or no skills (not that I’ve been with a super model).

17. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I still find it hilarious that the definition of heavy here is "15 to 25 pounds overweight"
    god, there are so many chicks out there on whom most guys would never realize that the medical industry classes them as 20lbs overweight

ugh

18. Biida

Biida Member

Amen to that, sister.

I'd say I fall into this category of the supposedly 'heavy woman,' being about 15 pounds more than it would take to be considered a skinny chick... And I LOVE my body! With that said, I must admit that I've never had any trouble attracting partners and am never lacking for admirers. :p

19. BodyElectric

BodyElectric Member

I need to think like this more often. Thank you for the inspiration.

20. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

I love me a fat chick, more cushon for the pushin! I dunno I just don't go for what people call looks persay. All my friends make of me for every girl I go out with. Fuck them. I go for the inner beauty, or try to.