You have three choices!

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by Inquiring-Mind, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't give a dam who takes credit for it but i damd sure know the kind of world i'd rather be living in. and it ain't got no damd 'rat race' in it either.

people sometimes put real sweat into mutual gratification but nobody is defacto forced by circumstances (in it) to perpetuate the kinds of conditions they don't prefer nor to perpetuate the destruction of those they do.

=^^=
    .../\...

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i forget who said it..

"be the change you want to see in the world"

i'm sure i quoted that wrong

4. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

wasnt that ghandi?

5. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

You quoted it completely the wrong way.

It is...

"Be the change you WISH to see in the world." :p

Yeah it's Ghandi.

6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i knew it was wrong.. glad y'all knew what i was saying though

and it's VERY true

7. ilario

ilario Member

I beleive I have my personal calling to make a difference..

I'll change it. :)

8. fairydustdreams65

fairydustdreams65 Member

nope you qouted it right thats my qoute to lol

9. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

The poll proves that 'The Hip Party' is happening.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

why do you assume we have any limit to number of choices, other then so that you can make some sort of arbitrary poll out of it?

we don't have to be able to chainge the world alone. though it might be fun if everybody could. if we could somehow survive each other doing so.

but we can and do chainge everything togather by defacto statistical consensus whether we intend to or not.

that's why what ghandi said makes sense and how what he did worked. if he had been alone in is wish for there to be an indipendent india it is unlikely anything he did would have gotten anywhere.

but rather by doing what he did he provided a focuse for what was already a defacto consensus, simply one that had lacked and was in need of the focus he gave it.

so it takes a consensus, though a defacto consensus will do, AND a 'ghandi', but really it's the connection between priorities, the ones we actualy live by, whether we realizes we are doing so or not, and the probablilities they collectively motivate, that create the conditions we experience.

(and does it really take a ghandi at all? i'm not sure, but they do provide a focus and a rallying point.)

nontangable friends are good to have too, but don't really have anywhere near quite as much to do with it. (it meaning external circumstances that happen outside of and beyond our own individual minds and bodies)

another major point of being the chainge you wish to see, is, and ought to be obvious, that if everyone expects everyone else to do it, well it is or ought to be pretty obvious, not a whole lot gets done that way.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. You missed one, highly important choice, to shun the world and attempt to create our own.

12. myself

myself just me

Yes, we all have actually our own inner world. Because each and every one of us has his/ her own perception of reality, universe of beliefs, etc.

13. Absolutely, but that idea can be externalised as well. There are places on Earth that society haven't touched. Build the life you want there.

14. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

thumbs up for blending in.

15. PatchWorkKid

PatchWorkKid Member

Suicide won't accomplish anything. Taaking action will! I pick trying to fix the world, but it is definitly not a one person job.

16. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I picked the first option....

I WOULD DO WHATEVER I COULD TO CHANGE THINGS BACK TO THE STANDARDS WE STILL HAD IN THE EARLY 80s..... People wanted GOOD QUALITY,they didnt settle for the trash made today and think ITS BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAD THEN!!!!

People valued thier privacy,were alot nicer than they are now,etc.........

You know why?

THE ELITE HADNT REPROGRAMMED PEOPLE YET TO BE MINDLESS ZOMBIES THAT ARENT RESISTANT,SETTLE FOR CRAP AND THEY CAN CONTROL!!

17. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

Change the world because it sure as hell needs it. Unfortunately, it appears as though people are too apathetic and comfortable with mediocrity to care. But it's better to try than to do nothing at all. Suicide isn't an option for me but I'd rather blow my head off than blend into something I can't stand.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

because you say so i guess. if you asked me i would have said that i have nearly infinite choices.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'ma gonna change my socks.....

Hey it's a start.

20. Jay_hasBeauty

Jay_hasBeauty Member

The world is so twisted today , It needs to be changed .
    EVERY NATION SHOULD BE UNITED!
    And the government needs better systems..