AP US Government and Politics

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by nesta, May 12, 2004.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

so who took the exam today? how do you think you did?

i think i got either a high three or a solid four on the multiple choice, and i'm pretty sure i got somewhere around a three on the essays.

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I took it last year. What what was the DBQ topic?
    We got off so incredibly easy. Our DBQ was about the Great Depression and one of the short answers was about inventions of the 1920's. HA!

3. Loki

Loki Member

NAh the FDR thing was AP US history. I took all three last year. US was the easiest, US gov not that bad but comperative politics was hell. Had a quesiton that went something like "tell 3 political and 3 non political reasons why India developed its constitution" that sucked, but i guess everyone else sucked on it too cause i got a 4.

4. nesta

nesta Banned

that doesn't sound like a hard essay at all, provided you had actually learned it at some point in the year. its the type of question that would be rather easy to bullshit even if you forgot a couple details.

don't know what a dbq is, but the AP US Gov & Politics exam is (and has been for a number of years) a 60 question multiple choice section followed by 4 mandatory essay questions.

the essays this year were tough, but doable. the first one i had a rough time on, and only expect between a 2 and a low 3. a low 3 to a low 4 on the fourth question, and a solid 3 or 4 on the second and third questions. its rather unusual, but this years test had nearly no questions (essay OR multiple choice) regarding supreme court cases...i think one was Griswold v. Connecticut and one was Brown v. Board of Education, but both were mult. choice questions. there might have been one or two others.

there was a lot of shit about budgets and finances this year, which pissed me off. the multiple choice test was far more difficult than any of the released exams from the past two decades (i took the released tests as practice tests), but i did really well on those and this wasn't so hard that i dont expect between a high 3 and a very solid 4.

basically, i think i came out pretty average. enough for credit and most schools probably, but i wish i had more knowledge of money related topics...

5. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about AP government. They don't offer that at my school anymore.

6. Loki

Loki Member

You remember the names of the two houses of the Indian Parlament? i learned a lot. Thats one thing I definetly didn't learn. That and it was my senior year so I didn't care. But it works out cause my school excepted all my tests.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

no i don't because i didn't take comparative politics & government or whatever its called...
    but that wasn't what you'd said the question was about anyway. motives for drafting constitutions and such are pretty straightforward usually.

8. Loki

Loki Member

Except for India...i don't know, I forgot everything, but all i remember is that i could only bull shit so much about the caste system.

9. neoteny

neoteny Member

I don't know about this year, but last year that test was so ridiculously easy. I think 90% of my class got fives.

10. Loki

Loki Member

thats intresting, that makes your class probably the smartest in the nation cause its graded based on precentages, a 5 is scoring better then like 90% of the nation 4 is something like 70% not sure of the increments exactly.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

traditionally our classes kick nearly every other class's ass in the state, but then its not really a contest...we just have an absolutely phenomenal teacher who has dedicated his life to his students and will prepare everyone absolutely to the best of their ability...

12. Jaque Imo

Jaque Imo Up on The Lowdown

I took it last year...easy as hell...got a solid 4.

13. run_sunshine

run_sunshine Member

Oh, AP Politics...I remember taking that class wayyyy back in the day (haha, 2 years ago) :) I actually never took the AP exam, because my class participated in the National Constitution Team competition, which was basically a debate team about different Constitutional matters. We won States and got to compete in the national competition (yay!) However, we spent so much time preparing for Nationals that we really didn't cover a lot of the material that was on the AP test. I really didn't feel like paying $80 for a test that I might not do that well on. AP US History was SO much easier than Politics...good luck to you on the rest of your APs!!

14. nesta

nesta Banned

i know i don't have any other ap tests...nothing else i'm that good at...

at any rate, the only reason to take the class is to take the test. i dont understand not paying 80 bucks for it...if you pass you get college credit and save far more money than a simply 80 dollars....its a gamble that if you're willing to take the class and do the work in the first place, you might as well go ahead and take