I have the best cramps remedy!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by incense+peppermints, Jun 6, 2006.

1. incense+peppermints

incense+peppermints Member

Ever get cramps and feel like your gonna die? I did yesterday and I didn't want to move, except I HAD TO GO TO THIS PARTY. So I took 3 ancetaphetamine (spelling) and drand a cup of hot green tea. Kicked those cramps in the ass.

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

It's Tylenol, with some caffeine, basically the same as if you took some Excedrin, but without the aspirin. (Exedrin has aspirin as well as APAP and caffiene) Caffeine helps pain releivers work better. I am glad it worked for you. It is always good to find things which work for you.

:)

3. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

God I wish tylenol and caffeine would even begin to touch my cramps...

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Haha, me too Dawn.

5. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Orgasms work wonders too! No joke!

6. free2fly

free2fly Members

^ lol ... thats true Cosmic ... but its only a temporary fix it seems ... too bad lol

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the only thing that's ever really worked for my cramps is taking evening primrose oil (epo) for the two weeks before my period. evened everything out, moodwise and worked beautifully as an antiinflammatory on the cramps too. now when i eat right, i dont need the epo

ps, my cramps used to be so bad that i'd have to take a day off work and curl into the fetal position with a heating pad on my belly, lamaze breathing until it was all over.

8. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

yeah, it fucking SUCKS!!!!

9. Kittymoose*

Kittymoose* Member

I'd get cramps so bad I'd not be able to breathe right, and I'd vomit from the pain. I near passed out once too. So now I'm on Depo-Provera, I don't have a period anymore. I wish some of my home remedies would have worked.

10. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i'm so glad that my 'home remedies' worked. i'd never want to go thru that again. :) and i hate the side effects of pharmaceuticals. my 'home remedies' (haha, love that saying, it's sounds so folksy and retro) have side benefits, neener neener. :)

11. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

That's right where I am... I have PCOS, and just started my period for the first time in 4 months. Since yesterday, I've been totally non-functional from my cramps! Nothing's touching 'em and it's just killing me... :(

12. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

ppl used to tell me its gets better as ya age,,,,, liars!!!

only thing that ever truly helped long ago was the pill.... then i hemmorhaged,,, needless to say no more pill.... hot water bottles actually help me more than heat pad,,,, actual long hot baths n a pile of pain relievers and a bit of smot pokin helps the best now,,,,, n one or two of them there basic yoga positions help too... cept ya look stupid hangin round the house doin yoga..... all day

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

800 mg of ib profin and a xanax take mine right away :) ...now that's a remedy and it will cure cloating too...well it won't cure it but you just won't give a shit if you look fat :)

14. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Oh, yea, exactly. A lot of times when I have cramps I masturbate to relieve them. Even it doesn't help a lot (it usually does) it sure ain't gonna make you feel any worse.

15. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

but lynsey the whole world aint wrrtten a book of scripts every month like you.... some of us dont have access to xanax like they was candy n most of us cant afford it either

16. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

Cramps that bad are not normal. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Medicating the pain isn't going to make whatever is causing it to go away. Not with otc pain relievers, or hormones, or anything else. You have to figure out what is causing the pain and address that or it may possibly continue to get worse. When I ignored my painful periods for too long, the pain became a constant, at its worst, every day.

17. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

And right now there's nothing I want worse than to go see a doc. But we're uninsured, and our money's soooo tight. I'm trying to make it happen. And I have a pretty good internal gauge for when something reaches "emergency" level. With my PCOS I'm worried that it could be due to a large cyst on my left ovary (the only one left, since I lost my right one to a cyst...) But even with the cramps (three days and counting, now) I'm still bleeding "normally" for the first time in months - so I take that as a good sign.

Also, during the time that I've gone without bleeding, I would occasionally get cramps with varying pain - always concentrated on my left side, where my ovary is. But with this, the pain is all in the center. I can just feel my uterus contracting, trying hard to expell an old placenta (sorry if that's gross!) Sometimeswith the severe pain though, I wonder if I might have endo (I haven't been checked out by a doc or anything for a long long time) Besides pain, what are the other symtoms? I've also been getting these really weird cramps increasingly, that are sort of vaginal. Like a shooting pain/cramp. Don't know what that's all about, the only time I ever told a doc it was blown off...

18. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

how are you treating your pcos, hummblebee?

19. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Just diet & exercise, trying to stay healthy. That's all I've got. It sucks to live in a place where only the wealthy are "worthy" of healthcare. I've contemplated trying BC pills again, but they've never agreed with me. If I can manage a doc appointment sometime soon I might stoop to trying it again, though. That'd at least (theoretically) control my hormones and force my body back on a schedule. I was doing fine last year, I went almost the whole year being totally regular for the first time ever, and then a few months ago they just STOPPED. I knew I wasn't pg, so what am I to do? It'd happened before, so I just tried my best to be healthy, and hoped my body would sort things out on its own...

20. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

what kind of diet? i had my pcos best under control when i limited my carbs. i've been slipping lately, but gearing up to stay on track again

ps, have you tried any of the natural approaches like vitex, epo, chromium, inositol, saw palmetto, b6, acv, etc?