Salvia... Fun or Scary?

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by Jimbobsthebest, May 30, 2006.

1. Jimbobsthebest

Jimbobsthebest Member

I've heard loads of people tell me that they've had really scary experiences on salvia, but mine have been nothing but interesting and good fun. I know i have already posted this vid, but its of my mate tripping on salvia and he has a wicked time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_El16obm8

Fun or Scary?

2. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

It could be either...just depends on the circumstances.

3. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

Hah that was an ace vid, he looked like he was having a great time hah ;P Man im definately doing it now heh

4. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Neither. Ludicrous.

5. mellow

mellow Eased

For me salvia is neither fun nor frightening. I do salvia to take what I can from the experience and learn from it. I don't know how people can trip on the stuff in large groups especially with someone filming, It's more of an introspective substance, you can get more out of it if you do it in a more comfortable environment.

6. Jimbobsthebest

Jimbobsthebest Member

I quite agree with you mellow, but on this occasion my mate was purely interested to see what he was like after taking it. There is a bit on the video where he seems to move backwards and forwards and he later explained to me he was slipping out of his body and back in. But I can asure you he was perfectly comfortable with us in the room and didn't even realise the camera was there for most of the trip.

Your also totally right about tripping in large groups on salvia, and I certainly wouldn't encourage people to do so and it deffinatly isnt a 'party' drug, but at the same time a small group of close friends who you trust can make the experience much more comfortable and interesting. I always feel very comfortable sharing personal salvia trips with friends.

7. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Member

Salvia is interesting, sometimes frightening, always extremely wierd, but it would be hard to call it fun.
    Cannabis and shrooms are fun. Salvia is strange but wierdly familiar.

8. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

i've only tried salvia once, and it wasn't a big enough toke to really send me into a full-blown trip. it was pretty neat though. the atmosphere felt totally different, and the parts of me that the light (from a lamp) was shining on felt cold. i felt like i was being pulled in the direction opposite of the lamp.

i liked that video. "aah, now i get it.." :)

9. rubberart

rubberart Member

It can be both depending on the circumstances. The fisrst few trips I had were mild and quite fun. Then I got a good hit of 5X and it was very scarey. As I was comming out of that experience I swore I wouldn't ever do it again. However after a while It didn't scare me as much and I have done it several times after that.

10. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

yeah, i've seen friends freak out on salvia. it doesn't look fun.

11. Jesus_Atche_Christ

Jesus_Atche_Christ Member

I had a awesome time while i was on salvia, even though i boosted the experience by having a bit o weed before hand, the only negative affect was then my friend was driving me home after a short ride on the highway, and i saw a police car start following us with the lights and sirens going, as it turns out there was no police car at all. So id say its just good fun

12. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

I had some x10 stuff, that was gooood, All I could see was swirling colours around me & when I tried to get up, they were pushing me back down, I was i a totaly differet room to where I was. The down side is it only lasts like 10 mins :-(

13. cordy

cordy Member

For someone who smokes alot of 'pot' yes the crap stuff cos thats all we can really get where I am. What Strength Salvia would you recommend? 5? 10 etc? Thanks for your help. I've got some green coming tomorrow which apparently has had the smell taken out of it?? I am the tester which sounds interesting.

14. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

I'd peronnaly would go for the x10, it's pretty trippy, but not
    too much of a brain buster, tis good tho !!!

15. SgtPepper

SgtPepper Member

had 15 extract was shit...didnt do anything such a disappointment and waste of money

16. KParker730

KParker730 Member

Haha that sounds like bullshit! I don't trust that at all... the smell of bud is wonderful and why would you take it out? Sketch... smoke before u buy definitely.

17. red_lite

red_lite Member

where is the "retarded waist of money" option?

18. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

i did 20x and it was one of the most frightening expieriences of my life. i would relate the feeling to falling into a black hole of hopelessness

19. kcd1987

kcd1987 Member

amazing stuff. tried both 10x and 20x. i've seen a couple people tweak out on it, but personally i've never had any bad experiences.

20. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

neither. salvia sucks. it does absolutely nothing for me every time i do it.