Salvia... Fun or Scary?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Jimbobsthebest

Jimbobsthebest

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 08:31 AM

I've heard loads of people tell me that they've had really scary experiences on salvia, but mine have been nothing but interesting and good fun. I know i have already posted this vid, but its of my mate tripping on salvia and he has a wicked time!

Fun or Scary?

#2 SLammon420

SLammon420

• 1,611 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 08:35 AM

It could be either...just depends on the circumstances.

#3 jean_genie

jean_genie

psychedelic saturday

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hah that was an ace vid, he looked like he was having a great time hah ;P Man im definately doing it now heh

#4 2cesarewild

2cesarewild

I'm an idiot.

• Members
  • 5,882 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 10:22 AM

Neither. Ludicrous.
Posted Image
Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,
If you get bitten, just hate the bite

#5 mellow

mellow

Eased

• Members
  • 2,593 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 10:23 AM

For me salvia is neither fun nor frightening. I do salvia to take what I can from the experience and learn from it. I don't know how people can trip on the stuff in large groups especially with someone filming, It's more of an introspective substance, you can get more out of it if you do it in a more comfortable environment.

Posted Image
.I Smile In Your General Direction.

#6 Jimbobsthebest

Jimbobsthebest

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 10:31 AM

I quite agree with you mellow, but on this occasion my mate was purely interested to see what he was like after taking it. There is a bit on the video where he seems to move backwards and forwards and he later explained to me he was slipping out of his body and back in. But I can asure you he was perfectly comfortable with us in the room and didn't even realise the camera was there for most of the trip.

Your also totally right about tripping in large groups on salvia, and I certainly wouldn't encourage people to do so and it deffinatly isnt a 'party' drug, but at the same time a small group of close friends who you trust can make the experience much more comfortable and interesting. I always feel very comfortable sharing personal salvia trips with friends.

#7 Demonslayer

Demonslayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 11:05 AM

Salvia is interesting, sometimes frightening, always extremely wierd, but it would be hard to call it fun.
Cannabis and shrooms are fun. Salvia is strange but wierdly familiar.

#8 ayahuasca

ayahuasca

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 01:19 PM

i've only tried salvia once, and it wasn't a big enough toke to really send me into a full-blown trip. it was pretty neat though. the atmosphere felt totally different, and the parts of me that the light (from a lamp) was shining on felt cold. i felt like i was being pulled in the direction opposite of the lamp.

i liked that video. "aah, now i get it.." :)

Posted Image

"there was a band playing in my head, and i felt like getting high..."

-neil young.

#9 rubberart

rubberart

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 05:23 PM

It can be both depending on the circumstances. The fisrst few trips I had were mild and quite fun. Then I got a good hit of 5X and it was very scarey. As I was comming out of that experience I swore I wouldn't ever do it again. However after a while It didn't scare me as much and I have done it several times after that.

#10 ayahuasca

ayahuasca

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 06:18 PM

yeah, i've seen friends freak out on salvia. it doesn't look fun.

Posted Image

"there was a band playing in my head, and i felt like getting high..."

-neil young.

#11 Jesus_Atche_Christ

Jesus_Atche_Christ

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 06:21 PM

I had a awesome time while i was on salvia, even though i boosted the experience by having a bit o weed before hand, the only negative affect was then my friend was driving me home after a short ride on the highway, and i saw a police car start following us with the lights and sirens going, as it turns out there was no police car at all. So id say its just good fun

#12 dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy

Swampmiester

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted July 01 2006 - 03:11 PM

I had some x10 stuff, that was gooood, All I could see was swirling colours around me & when I tried to get up, they were pushing me back down, I was i a totaly differet room to where I was. The down side is it only lasts like 10 mins :-(
Wax Free since 2004 :D

#13 cordy

cordy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted July 16 2006 - 12:22 PM

For someone who smokes alot of 'pot' yes the crap stuff cos thats all we can really get where I am. What Strength Salvia would you recommend? 5? 10 etc? Thanks for your help. I've got some green coming tomorrow which apparently has had the smell taken out of it?? I am the tester which sounds interesting.

#14 dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy

Swampmiester

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted July 16 2006 - 01:31 PM

I'd peronnaly would go for the x10, it's pretty trippy, but not
too much of a brain buster, tis good tho !!!

#15 SgtPepper

SgtPepper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted July 16 2006 - 02:50 PM

had 15 extract was shit...didnt do anything such a disappointment and waste of money
http://www.hipgaller...at/500/page/1My biggest regret is I wasnt born early enough for the sixties

#16 KParker730

KParker730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted July 16 2006 - 03:26 PM

For someone who smokes alot of 'pot' yes the crap stuff cos thats all we can really get where I am. What Strength Salvia would you recommend? 5? 10 etc? Thanks for your help. I've got some green coming tomorrow which apparently has had the smell taken out of it?? I am the tester which sounds interesting.

Haha that sounds like bullshit! I don't trust that at all... the smell of bud is wonderful and why would you take it out? Sketch... smoke before u buy definitely.

#17 red_lite

red_lite

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted August 15 2006 - 03:04 PM

where is the "retarded waist of money" option?
change is inevitable,growth is optional~unkown
http://viewmorepics....imageID=3536138

#18 blitz7341

blitz7341

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,921 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 08:43 AM

i did 20x and it was one of the most frightening expieriences of my life. i would relate the feeling to falling into a black hole of hopelessness

#19 kcd1987

kcd1987

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 08:24 PM

amazing stuff. tried both 10x and 20x. i've seen a couple people tweak out on it, but personally i've never had any bad experiences.

#20 clementinexo

clementinexo

hip *****s sucks.

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted September 19 2006 - 05:30 PM

neither. salvia sucks. it does absolutely nothing for me every time i do it.

#21 dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy

Swampmiester

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 07:16 AM

Lol, you can't be doing it right then, or the stuff you have isn't even Salvia, try a X10 :-)

#22 phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo

dreadfully real

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted October 13 2006 - 06:32 PM

i've only tried it twice, but it was really fun and intense

#23 dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy

Swampmiester

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted October 15 2006 - 05:14 AM

Ha Ha Ha, yeah, the whole room dissapeared with me & just saw 2 swirling colours :-)

#24 Conformist2

Conformist2

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted October 24 2006 - 02:46 AM

salvias more of a mind fuck
you just kindov get really really fucked up for 10 minutes
its fun but i've had some scary times with it
:H Wanna fuck? huh

#25 AKA

AKA

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 04:46 PM

Are you trying to date salvia? She ain't available for that. Use her to learn or you might end up locked-up in your head. FOREVER. Treat her with respect. Don't date salvia because you're bored.

Reality is a thing of the past.

Posted Image

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
- Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

#26 SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 04:49 PM

I'd have to say it's neither fun nor scary, but rather incredibly profound...

Posted Image
Be as you will, live, and let live!

#27 bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted January 17 2007 - 11:53 PM

I wouldn't describe it as either. I'm sort of indifferent to it...it hasn't yet frightened me, but it's definitely not fun. I look at it as more of an experience in general, not necessarily a good or bad one.

Posted Image

“Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.”

Sylvia Plath

#28 Pepopstico

Pepopstico

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 10:26 AM

Neither.

It's intense interesting and enlightening but I wouldn't call it "fun" in the way pot or acid can be fun.
First-timers who have scarey experiences are often people who took too much, start off with small amounts and build your way up. Trip responsibly.

#29 skullkidnate

skullkidnate

ナサニエル

• Members
  • 5,695 posts

Posted January 30 2007 - 09:21 PM

salvia had no effect on me....time to move to a higher x

Posted Image

#30 dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy

Swampmiester

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted February 09 2007 - 05:21 AM

the thing with salvia is, you have to take one deep hit, and
keep it down as long as possible, no point in doing a coupple of hits cos it doesn't work that way. You can't do in more than once an hour either, your body builds a tollerance up to it quickly. Try some x10, it's not that intense but good for first timers !!!

Happy tripping