Music Videolios

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Iago, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Iago

Iago Member

Hello musical sorts, I'm appealing (not advertising - don't brand me with the SPAM stamp please!) for bands to appear in a music dvd of unsigned bands from around the UK. The idea is that my colleagues at Ricochet Productions will produce videos to accompany tracks, then distribute them to the participating bands to sell at gigs etc, thus promoting that particular band's (and the others on the dvd) music and our brand of surrealist video.
    If you are an artist or part of a collective musical objective and are interested by the idea please contact me through the wonders of email, we can listen to your work and then go on to conference ideas for the groundwork of a video. Ideally my film group would need some level of creative control but your band will have the final say on whether the finished video be released and we will certainly take in your input on any ideas you have.
    It really doesn't matter what genre of music your band plays, we want a very mixed set of styles in the dvd. And did I say UK bands? Wherever you are, if you can headbutt a piano or play pentatonic scales with a cup of tea, send us a mp3 and we'll see what we can do.

Hopefully this can be a very interesting a productive shared experience, thanks for reading.

2. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Too bad I'm way over here in the US... I'd love to participate in something like that! Thanks for posting though, hehe hopefully someone will take this in consideration :)

3. Iago

Iago Member

All are welcome, regardless of where they are!

4. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Well, I don't really have a band, but I play solo jazz on tenor sax. But unless you want a video of me standing in my living playing my heart out I don't think there's anyway I could participate...