my grandmother died on mothers day :(

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, May 15, 2006.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I was workin all day yesterday, and I was trying to call my mom to wish her a happy mothers day, and I had a hard time reaching my parents at home, and everytime they would try to call me back, it was my dad, and he called when I was busy (busiest time of the year). at 5 oclock he told me that they were at the nursing home because my grandma was non responsive, and failing, so it would only be a matter of time. but I didnt think it would be 4 hours later. I tried to call another time, that night, didnt get a hold of my parents, left a message for mom again......... dad called later........ and I got the message after 9 saying that she passed :(.

I just wish I was there when she died. my parents were and my aunt and uncle were there when she died. they said it was a peaceful death........ she wont suffer anymore. she was 87. and my dad's mother. I was supposed to work only till 8, but with two people leaving us at work over the week, we were short staffed for such a busy weekend. I was planning on going home on monday, anyways, so I just wonder if I could have been home when she died......

oh well. I did get to see her last monday, when she was at the hospital. and I am glad she could remember me then. it would have just hurt if my grandmother would ever forget who I was.... she never forgot. I am her first grandchild, so she always held me dear to her heart. her short term memory was faded over the years, she would repeat things over and over, and ask the same questions over and over........ but her long term memory was very good. she could remember names and faces, and things that happened years ago, but short term, not all that good.

anyways, she is at a peaceful place now, with her mother. she has been missing her mom, so now she is with her.

I have to be a pallbearer for her funeral mass.... along with my 4 brothers and one cousin...

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh hon, I'm so sorry.

{{{Hugs}}}

3. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

that should be very healing for you, give you chance to say a proper goodbye
    blessings
    S

4. HikerHauk

HikerHauk Banned

I'm sorry.

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

You have my condolences. She lived a long life and now is at peace.

6. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

thanx all. :)

she is at rest now.

I dunno if I can see her all dolled up at the funeral home :(

7. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

My great grandmother died on Mother's day.
    She died at the dinner table, in front of all her kids.

8. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

sorry ryan. if theres anything i can do.. lemme know

9. YellowBug

YellowBug Member

omg i am so sorry! I know how you feel i recently lost both of my grandpas....
    just remeber to think of all the good times and it will help!
    i am so sorry!!! **hugs**

10. King James

King James Banned

I don't like you much, but thats a shitty situation.
    Sorry to hear. Hope things smooth out.

11. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I'm sorry Ryan ): I am glad you saw her recently. I'm the first born too on both sides;we are always their favorites but also take it a lot harder than other cousins etc when anything goes wrong. *hugs*

12. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i'm sorry...

thats a shitty situation that i know about too. don't beat yourself up over not being there - i did and it made things worse. she's in a better place and isn't suffering anymore.

hope things get better for you and your family

13. King James

King James Banned

may get to see them again one day.

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Everyone dies one day and 87 years is more than most people get. Celebrate that instead of mourning death. Life is too short to mourn anyway.

Best of luck to you.

15. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

thanx all for posting your concerns here....... it kinda sucks that I had to go all the way back 4 pages to find it again......... the things you people choose to talk about here......... I swear.

anyways, thanx colenzo. I know you dont like me, but that was a nice thing to say.

16. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well, the funeral was supposed to be on wednesday. and the rosary on tuesday (tonite), but it was pushed back because of the priest. father mike had to see the bishop, and had to let us know after we all had it planned........ so it made it an inconvenience for us all. another reason for me to hate priests. so, the funeral is on thursday and the rosary is on wednesday.

17. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Ryan I'm so sorry! My grandfather died back in March so I know how bad the grief can be. Just think of all the good memories and let them comfort you. ((Hugs))

18. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

sorry to hear that man.... my grandma died on christmas 3 years ago....

19. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

thank you angela and joker man :) I appreciate it.

20. anonymousgurl21

anonymousgurl21 Member

i'm so sorry. but i'm glad to hear she had a long life. and you got to see her shortly before she passed away. that must have been a great comfort for both of you. i will be keeping you in my thoughts.

much peace and love,

jenny