i hate being homeschooled

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by mrsmorrison27, May 12, 2006.

1. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

it sucks. sometimes i like it and then other times i hate it cause it sucks. are there ne KIDS like me on here that are homeschooled? im almost done, i have untill july and ill be through. i dont really want to go to collage, but my mom wants to send me to an acting collage soo bad, she really wants me to act. which is ok with me, cause its one of my passions. i just dont think im good enough. i dont kno, i always hated the idea of collage blaccchhhhhh

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

it sounds like you are 15 and sick of structure. Nothing wrong with taking time off or taking seminars instead!
    But congrats on graduating soon at your age!

What is your TURE calling passion right now? (the hell with what mom wants for the purpose of discussion)

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

don't go to college just because that is what is expected of you. If you go, go because it's what you really really want to do. And take the classes you want to take, don't worry about choosing a major until later if you aren't absolutely certain! I went to engineering school because that's what everyone else thought I should do, and because I had a scholarship, and because that's where my step-father went to school (I tried so hard to earn his approval, and failed miserably at every attempt). I hated it. I dropped out. When I was 24 or so, I went back to college, and studied what I wanted to learn more about, and I loved it!

if homeschool sucks, it's either because your parents aren't taking the right approach for you, or you are burnt out on it. No reason in the world you can't take a month or two, or five or six off and just focus on the things that interest you. Join a local homeschool support group where you can make friends your age who are also being homeschooled. Even if your mom won't go to the meetings, you should.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I hate being schoolschooled

acting is really hard to get into, so you may want a good back up plan

5. Beyond-the-Clouds

Beyond-the-Clouds Senior Member

Yea, I hate being homeschooled too. I've never had any friends for this reason. This is my last year.

6. BEATificdeadBEAT

BEATificdeadBEAT Member

homeschooled?!thats really a far concept for me.in my country, theres no homeschooled person.i just know about it from books and i dont guess its fun.but all the same i dont like school so much too..

7. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

I wouldnt get into the whole college thing if ur not even interested in it just because its whats expected of you and that what ur mom thinks u should do. If you don want to go then just take some drama classes, dont worry about a major or anythin just like another member said.......Congrats though. Just go out and do somethin wit urself. Dont just sit around and wait for something to drop into ur lap. If you want something go get it:) Good luck there!

8. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

Were you homeschooled since you were a kid?
    I was homeschooled for highschool. But, my parents were very open minded, and I created my own curriculum keeping with the state regulations.
    The social aspect sometimes sucks, because homeschooling schedules can be so different from 'regular' school schedules.
    But... what are you into? Maybe your town has a summer camp that does theatre, or something with acting? If you can get in on that, you could probably meet some cool people. Or try a summer course at a community college, like an easy class that you'd be into. Just so your mom will be happy, the class will be easy, but you can meet people your age. Go to a show to see some local bands play with a friend you may already have.

If you were still going to be in highschool next year, I'd say get in contact with your local highschool, and see if they'd allow you to come in for a class... or join a club. This kid in my old homeschool group from church was really into sports, his mom talked to the Lacross team captain, and they allowed him to play on the team.

good luck

9. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

well im gettin a scholorship, im going to be a yoga instructor. and im gonna start my first two years in the fall. but yes, ive been homeschooled since i was a kid, ive never stepped insidea school for any reason other than school stuff for my nephews. i hate schools they give me a weird feeling

10. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

They give me a weird feeling too. They have extremely negative energy fields.

11. Mt. Star

Mt. Star Member

If you want to get into acting you don't really need to go to acting college. But all actors/actresses should take acting classes just to keep their skills up. If acting is what you want to do, then start auditioning at local plays. If there is a college nearby, volunteer to help out with some of their student films. Or go online to your states film commission and look for casting calls for independent films and shorts. As far as being good enough, talent isn't the biggest issue with being a successful actor. It's about hard work and dedication. Talented beautiful woman are a dime a dozen, a woman who is dedicated and determined is harder to come by. If your willing to dedicate yourself to that kind of effort then hats off to you. :)

12. pita225

pita225 Member

i hate bein homeschooled at times too but sometimes its ok cuz u can move as fast as u want

13. Beyond-the-Clouds

Beyond-the-Clouds Senior Member

Not really, I still have to learn stuff. Actually since I use Abeka video school, there's more work than at a public school.

14. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

no it is true. if i work hard enough i get 1 grade done in three months iof i want

15. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

okay then. Just remind yourself how schools make you feel when you want to bitch and moan about how horrible it is to be homeschooled. Think of the mindless hordes, being forced by their parents and the government to conform and to deny their individualities, to walk in straight lines and not speak without raising their hands and being given permission to speak. No matter how bad you think homeschooling is for you, public school is 900 times worse.

16. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

and most homeschooled kids are exposed to a much more diverse social environment. It's a fact.

17. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

I'm not so sure about homeschooling being best for exposure. Am I imagining things or have the people homeschooled here referred to actual schools as being a little creepy or "weird". Why do you have that fear?

And wow. Many school-haters here, even for the institutionalized ones. I enjoy it frankly (the university campus atmosphere). Extremely. Whether or not you're afraid of the Big Bad Institution, it's UP TO YOU to educate yourself when you get to the college level. In or out of that sphere.

A note also - you aren't reminded about settling on a major/s or minor/s until around your third year. Most universities don't give a rat's arse about how long you want to stay, how much you want to do there. You're paying them good money, right?

You're maybe feeling immense pressure from your mother to fulfill her dreams, not necessarily yours. Find your own freedom. And never let anything prevent you from learning things yourself, homeschool, institutionalized. Whatever.

18. rob1134

rob1134 Member

jesus christ... what school did you go to? sounds like military school or something. i like school besides having to wake up early. i get to chill with friends, learn a few things, and get out of the house. for many kids, school is an escape from their home life. and at school i can walk any which way i want... and you can speak whenever you want in class as long as its on subject. and how can you say im denied my individualities as i listen to whatever music i want on my ipod, eat whatever i want at lunch, and wear whatever clothes i want to school. i can speak my mind and think whatever i want... haha i couldnt do that at home. so your post, and in no way am i trying to disrespect you, is stupid.

19. Magical Mike

Magical Mike Member

dUED i AM home schooled also!
    I am 16 and I am almost done! it dose totaly suck! sorry if this thread is dead people!

20. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Haha. Good job.