Trac Phones = Terrorism?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona

Back by popular demand!

• 20,381 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 06:26 PM

Okay, so weird thread title, I know. But apparently there have been several accounts of Trac Phones being used to communicate throughout the terrorist network. My boyfriend's interest was sparked last night when we witnessed a rather odd event. We were at a Wal-Mart, buying a few groceries (yes yes, I know, Wal-Mart's evil, but it's hard to find groceries at midnight elsewhere). While standing in line at the express checkout, two guys in front of us were trying to buy a crapton of Trac Phones (like 30 a piece). Apparently Wal-Mart has a 3 phones per person limit and these guys were NOT happy about it. The first relented and got his 3 and went out to the parking lot while the other stayed behind and argued with the poor cashier and her supervisor. Apparently security was called and we were helped by another cashier and left before anything interesting started happening.

It was really amusing, though, and my boyfriend, our friend that went with us, and I started making theories on why someone would need so many pre-paid phones. My only thought was maybe they were coaches of something and wanted the whole team to have phones to contact each other? Yeah, I always try to see the best in situations, lol. But when the terrorist idea was just thrown out there, it sparked some interest. Admittedly, it was a bit stereotypical linking Middle Eastern guys buying lots of cell phones to terrorism, but Daniel's been searching for stories online and apparently there's been a few cases of suspected terrorism linked to Trac Phones.

Just thought I'd share my little story and see if anyone else has heard anything of the sort. I find it really fuinny, but kind of creepy at the same time...

#2 YankNBurn

YankNBurn

Owner

• Members
  • 12,040 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 07:02 PM

well there are several makers of the prepaid phone and they do not require id to have, so really anyone could have it and use it for just about anything. Normal cells are all tied to a person so pretty hard to say its not me, but the prepaids there is not real owner so yeah, imagine what all it could be used for.

Posted Image

#3 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Mammalian Target of Rapamycin

• 28,926 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 07:23 PM

What terrorist network? You mean al-CIAda?

#4 YankNBurn

YankNBurn

Owner

• Members
  • 12,040 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 07:29 PM

No the cell phone mafia, they run your minutes up.

Posted Image

#5 Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona

Back by popular demand!

• 20,381 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 09:52 PM

Hehehe, YankNBurn...damn cell phone mafia. They're probably behind all those weird anonymous calls I get.

#6 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Mammalian Target of Rapamycin

• 28,926 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 10:12 PM

Oh, I thought it was terrorists with boxcutters who possess impeccable flying skills.

#7 Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona

Back by popular demand!

• 20,381 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 10:29 PM

Are those the people who call me at insane times????

#8 Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona

Back by popular demand!

• 20,381 posts

Posted May 10 2006 - 12:45 AM

Okay, so I thought, "Who on Earth would care about a shithole up here like this?" Then I remember, we have friggin' Pantex just down the road from here. For any who don't know, apparently Pantex is a pretty big facility with lots of bombs and shit. They blow and it's buh-bye Texas Panhandle. Which brings me to my question. Do you think we should report what we witnessed to the local FBI office just in case, or do you think I'm just being a silly American whose been scared by stereotypes?