black and milds

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by jakesanders, Apr 30, 2006.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

actually ive been smoking cigarettes almost daily yet i still get that feeling for the first cig of the day, or if i smoke some in the morning and not until the evening.

yeh it effects everyone to different extents.

in fact the first cig can even be uncomfortable but then the rest are nice.

bah its silly to smoke but it makes the day so much easier

maybe its related to my reluctance to get totally addicted? ive got no qualms about running out of tobacco, i just smoke when i have it, but my friends who smoke go out of their way and buy a pack or something whenever they leave theirs at home, even if its just for like one cigarette!

whatever the case, large cuban cigars do hurt like bitch to inhale but small cigars dont really hurt much at all

ugh i remember one day me and a friend for whatever reason had bought an extra pack of cigarettes so we decided to chain a pack over a 20 minute walk

along with being a little stoned, all i could do by the end of it was sit there clutching my innards in a hazy daze

i think there is a lot of nicotine's effects that people dont notice, and have not been researched much.

2. nesta

nesta Banned

no, you aren't supposed to flick your cigar to ash it. but theres more to it than that.

first off it makes no difference if by cigar you mean a phillie, whiteowl, dutch masters, black and mild, tampa sweet, swisher sweet, any of the nasty additive-heavy short filler machine rolled cigars you can buy in a gas station. these almost all taste pretty filthy from beginning to end. most of this is due to being short filler cigars, which means that the filler tobacco is cut into tiny scraps. it burns much faster and hotter than long filler cigars, and consequently damages the taste enormously. even if they were long filler tobacco, the tobacco isn't even good quality to begin with, and still wouldnt taste very good at all. so many of these "cigars" are strongly flavored because they taste too bad to smoke on their own.

when smoking a premium cigar, however, you're paying a lot more money for much higher quality. they are rarely flavored or scented, and such things are generally considered close to being an abomination unto the lord...

but premium cigars are handrolled with real long filler tobacco and a real tobacco leaf binder and wrapper...not precision rolled by a machine with a nasty tasting paper made from tobacco pulp and other ingredients. flicking it to remove ash will easily damage the cigar, and if you're smoking a high end cigar you're talking about ruining a $5-15 smoke. ash does not inhibit the draw, but it does help keep the smoke a bit cooler. the trick to enjoying a cigar to the fullest is to smoke slowly to keep it cool and preserve the flavor as long as you can.

since good cigars are made with long filler tobacco, the ash tends to be a lot more firm and crisp than that of cigarettes or blunts....you dont need to worry about it falling off on its own until its about 1-1.5" long. if its getting precariously long and needs to be removed to prevent getting ashes on the floor, simply roll it around in the ashtray, lightly coming in contact with the end of the ash (never the cherry of the cigar)

you need to ensure to do things to maintain a cool and even burn when enjoying a quality cigar, but with blunts or whatever its not at all about enjoyment. its just smoking. inhale if you want, i wouldnt advise it, but whatever.

you dont inhale good cigars though because they generally contain much stronger tobacco than your average pack of cancer sticks, and because of the sheer quantity of tobacco in one. a toro or churchill may contain about as much tobacco as a whole pack of cigarettes. don't think just because you don't inhale you dont get nicotine - chewing tobacco doesnt require lungs to absorb the nicotine, remember. it can be absorbed through the mouth...thats the case with cigars, more smoke, stronger smoke, over a long period of time....you still get nicotine, but its introduced more slowly through the mucous membrane in the mouth and throat rather than the lungs.

and bill, i bet i could name some small, noncuban cigars you couldn't manage to inhale.....cuban cigars are great and all, but there are plenty of good smokes coming out of honduras, nicaragua, the dominican republic, hell, some of the best wrapper leaf comes from the african country of cameroon.

try an Ashton VSG Tres Mystique, or a CAO Brazilia Piranha, or even just an Arturo Fuente Petite Corona in the maduro wrapper....none of these are large cigars at all, but all would be too much to handle inhaling them, in my estimate. i know i couldn't......but perhaps you could......if you feel up to trying, let me know :p

(if you can inhale any of them comfortably, my bet would be on the arturo fuente, which isn't as impressive as the Ashton VSG or the CAO Brazilia)

3. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Seems like the ash would fall off after long enough, eh?

4. nesta

nesta Banned

it does eventually, but it can stay on longer than you'd think. i've smoked cigars until only about 1/3 of the stick remained and never ashed it once without the ash ever falling off. thats not too common, but possible. the ONLY real reason to ash a cigar is to avoid the ash just falling off onto the floor, and then you need to be careful to not fuck up the burning part.

5. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

i dont really agree with the statement that blunts are just for smoking, not enjoying. i don't smoke blunts often, but when i do, i roll up a nice fat one (atleast 2 or 3 grams) and puff on that shit for a good 45 minutes. i think a blunt wrap is nicer than splitting up a cigar, it's easier to roll nice and tight so it'll burn like you want, and they are really flavorful. a nice mango or peach flavored royal wrap, and a couple grams of headies....thats something to enjoy.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh cigar ashes siomply have more structure than cigarettes or joints - its a large ash and its a much finer ash because the cigar has taken a while to burn down. its not the sorta thing you want falling on the floor or more usually on your clothes lol caus its really fine ash (unlike joint ash for example which can be shabby looking and is loose) and can be all over you without noticing until youve smeared it across your shirt or pants or something

7. nesta

nesta Banned

sorry if i didnt make it clear enough - i dont mean blunts with pot i mean blunts as in BLUNTS. you know. phillies BLUNT cigars....etc......gas station cigars....the fucking nasty small "cigars" that are usually flavored, always short filler and machine made with paperlike tobacco products for the wrapper and, if they have one, the binder. you know - phillies, white owls, black and milds. people that smoke these without removing the filler and replacing it with pot, smoke them just to get nicotine, as "just smoking" not for the full enjoyment you can get from really basking in the glory of, say, a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, or another fine cigar.

blunts as in "blunt cigar," not as in a huge joint rolled from tobacco paper...

perhaps i figured since marijuana wasn't the topic of the discussion, because i hadn't been talking about rolling blunts but rather about cigars, or because right on the box of phillies it says "BLUNT," or for some (strange) reason i assumed you'd understand that i wasn't discussing marijuana consumption...and that a euphemism for a device designed to deliver THC wouldn't fit the context...

any rate i apologize for the confusion.....

8. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

black & milds arent filled with cigar tobacco...theyre filled with pipe tobacco, herego you inhale. as for blunt rolling, i think the green leaf honey dutches are the best....you can have a better roll from that.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

they're filled with shitty "pipe tobacco." this makes no difference. despite what you may think, you do NOT inhale pipe tobacco, either. you can get away with breathing in tiny amounts here and there, but you dont just sit there dragging on it....it's essentially done the same way as you smoke cigars, as far as how you handle the smoke.

i have a hard time thinking of black and milds as anything but a potential blunt.....they're a far cry from dunhill's my mixture #965 pipe tobacco, or from a pleasant romeo y julieta or ashton puro sol cigars.....

unfortunately, they aren't even that good for blunts unless you don't know how to roll a real one with a wrap or a phillie....

either way, the tobacco in them is of the some of the lowest grade available. when compared to good pipe tobacco or good cigars, they pretty much would rank lower than "basics" in cigarette terms.....

all of this together makes black and milds one of the single most worthless tobacco products around.

10. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

last 10 dollar cigar i smoked,, i wondered why the kid who got it for mewasted his money..

i wish i could remember the name,, it was as i recall honduras? from cuban seed..

really was a dissapointment.. as far as taste...

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Black & Mild's do suck, but I learned how to roll blunt's with them tiny things.

12. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

like i said,, brother measa showed me how to do em prison style,, gotta get that card board out,, then slowly add yer contraband,, with a long thin rod,, then re pack the end with tobacco..
    keeps the herb smell down,, an looks genuine.. ;)

13. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Awesome! I never tried it with tobacco though. I remember rolling my first one, sitting in somebodys car, going somewhere....

14. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

for christmas, i was in costa rica and came back with 6 boxes of premium handrolled costa rican cigars. and 1 romeo y julieta for my dad. he seemed to enjoy it.

15. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, price is not very indicative of how good a cigar is. the problem is price changes depending on the going wages for cigar rollers in the region it's created, how much the tobaccos put in originally cost (its not uncommon to have tobacco from as many as three or four countries in one cigar sometimes), how good the tobacco is, how well it was rolled, how meticulously the finished cigars are graded before release (many, many cigars are thrown out or sold as other smokes simply because of tiny, often imperceptable, flaws), and so on. then there's also the matter of how much money the business folks want to make off of it.

on top of that there's a ton of variety in flavors, some are really mild (i.e. Macanudos or La Aurora) some are rather medium bodied (such as honduran Sancho Panzas or Partagas Spanish Rosado) and some are very full bodied (i.e. CAO Brazilia or Independencia by La Aurora)

finding a good cigar is tricky because you basically have to go on recommendations and feel your way through it....i've paid 10-15 dollars on a cigar and been blown away by it, and i've also paid 2-5 dollars on a cigar and been impressed, whereas occasionally you'll also find a very expensive cigar that is nothing but a let down.

for example, i really dont see what the fuss is over Montecristos (the non cuban variety).....i tried the belicoso number 2.....good smoke, dont get me wrong, but i found it somewhat lacked depth and interest, it started to actually taste a little bad towards the end, and it just wasn't nearly as good as some other cigars which are actually cheaper. some cigars cost a lot simply because of their name, their heritage, or their advertising campaigns......

i'd take a $2 Flor de Oliva over a $12 Montecristo almost any day of the week (in fact two of my staple smokes are Flor de Oliva/Gold Torpedos and Punch Elites, both of which end up being around the 2 dollar range if you buy a bundle or box at a time....they're perfectly pleasant smokes even if they may not be as good as some, and they dont cost me ten fucking dollars a peice)

{wow, a lot of people have posted since i responded to HHB's post on the previous page}

16. DavidRig2006

DavidRig2006 Member

for rolleng blunts green leaf honey dutches are the way to go
    for taste and enjoyment af a nice cigar, I like the Don Diego Playboy. Has anyone had an Acid Kuba Kuba. I had my first one last week and it was very different but i enjoyed it greatly.

17. nesta

nesta Banned

drew estate is a pretty good cigar company in general.

in the acid line i've tried three...kuba kuba is one of them, and its alright. i've also smoked the blondie and the one (a belicoso with a really neat band).....the acid one is my favorite i've tried.

outside of the acid line i've tried a few of the natural line....jucy lucy, root, and china 5....jucy lucy, though the smallest of the bunch, i found to be the tastiest and most aromatic.

i've also smoked an entire box of la vieja habana (fumas) cedar chateau no. 1's, which are a very cheap mixed filler corona with a beautiful reddish wrapper. you know what - they were dirt cheap and not made with long filler tobacco, but they still had quality tobacco and tasted damn good for the price and provided an enjoyable smoke. i wouldn't turn one down, even if i dont want to smoke them ALL the time. still, even in their lower quality smokes quality seems to come first.

one complaint i might make is that even in their higher end cigars, drew estate tends to roll a little loose. regardless the draw is nice and the cigar doesnt burn too hot or fast, and the burn is pretty even usually.

i'm not much for "flavored" cigars, but the acid line is a definite exception. i'd NEVER put it in with my normal smokes in the humidor and risk ruining them, so for me its an occasional indulgance every once in a while....they aren't at all like normal flavored cigars, and don't QUITE fit that category, but they are DEFINITELY not a traditional cigar. its odd that even as untraditional as it is, it's quite varied in who enjoys them and who does not. you'd think it would just be for young 20-something smokers and women and such, but you have examples of old conservative business types who prefer acid cigars whereas there are also young 20 something guy like me generally prefers more traditional tobaccos......

i like flavored cigars particularly when i'm tripping though...so i intend to pick up one or two acid's before the next time i trip (which wont be TOO long...i've been sitting on these 4g of mushrooms for a little while now)

acid and mushrooms together hehe

the only proper cigars i would EVER consider using to roll blunts would be one of the smaller acid cigars....particularly the blondie comes to mind...it would be the perfect size for a nice joint and is cheaper than the bigger ones, and i've known master blunt rollers who could actually manage to roll with regular cigars.....so maybe it could work....

18. nesta

nesta Banned

[​IMG]

the acid one

19. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Someone has a habit of writing essays in forums.

20. kaitenipper

kaitenipper Guest

you can inhale if you want. it intensify your high if you inhale.