Acid or Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Barrus, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Barrus

Barrus Member

I am thinking of taking some acid or some mushrooms. But quite honest i can't decide which one I should take.
    I know some friends of mine who already did some Mushrooms and could be convinced to take some more with me.
    But I don't know if other people would be willing to take some acid with me.
    The other problem I have with Acid is that it could destroy my entire future, for I study law. And if I get busted I will lose my entire career prospect.

But the trip on acid, from what I've heard will probably be more comfortable for me then mushrooms.

2. Arnstein

Arnstein Member

If you have never tripped before you should take shrooms. Acid lasts for about 12 hours, and if its your first trip and you get a bad trip that will be 12 long hours. Shrooms are only lasting for 6 hours, and it will not be so strong when you have a bad trip. Its also many more plusses with shrooms, but Im too lazy to write them! Go for the shrooms my sexy lad! :)

3. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

lsd

1 hit

4. OstrOsized

OstrOsized Member

I haven't done shrooms yet (But I plan to next week) but my first trip was with LSD, it was like one and a half hits...And it was amazing! Honestly I think either of them would be fine as long as you have the right mindset and also a good setting. But yeah, what the guy said above, with acid you'll have to clear up at least 9-12 hours and with shrooms it'd be around 6 or something.

5. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

shrooms or acid. whatever you want. there is no "do this one first before you try the other" bullshit.

6. trevor3051

trevor3051 Member

I personally prefer shrooms, the one time i had a bad trip on acid made me stay off all drugs for a month, never had a bad trip with shrooms

7. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

I find from my own experiences and hear from most people that shrooms are more gentler, mellower, euphoric.. For me acid is way more crazy and speedy.. But honestly I think the way they effect people varies so its up to you.

8. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

personally ive seen a friend go uncontrollably insane on shrooms (only an 1/8th) and lost all connection with reality. it all depends on the person though. my first shroom trip i took a 1/4oz, my first acid trip i did 1 hit, then i did 10 hits the second, 4 hits the third. Im mentally very strong but some people just cannot handle psychadelics. trip with two sober caring friends that are closest to you in a controlled setting and you will be fine no matter how much you take.

shrooms if you want a more visual trip thats shorter lasting
    acid if you want a longer but more "mind expanding" trip that makes you feel a little insane.

9. dannyandryan

dannyandryan Member

10 hits? that prolley has alot to do with low qualtiy acid.. if the L has anything close to good quality, you would have had bout 750-1000ug, and that would straight fuck you up

10. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i prefer lsd over mushrooms anyday.

11. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

12. Viruk

Viruk Member

Ya mushrooms make me incredibly sick feeling, and I lose touch with reality.
    1hit of acid, theres 0 chance to have a bad trip on 1 hit of acid, and you can't get caught on acid as easy as on shrooms. Acid you're completely coherent, and able to move, mushrooms make you hazy and lazy.

13. Barrus

Barrus Member

Thanks eeryone for their replies.
    When I have the time I will read through them all and answer to them.
    But this one was the only one I truly read up till now.
    It's great to know that you can't get a bad trip one 1 hit.
    With the get caught part there is a difference here between mushrooms and acid. Acid is illegal, while mushrooms are legal. Or at least, they can't prosecute me for having and using it.

14. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

wtf impossible badtrip with 1 hit if you get a 100mic hit quite a few people like this who have to ask could get a bad trip...but still if badtrip you talk about complete loss of control over anything, , yeah 1 hit is ok, as 2gs of mushrooms would be ok too, it wont do what you fear

but you might not like it and get nervous at some points it is normal,,,i always have sorrowful parts of trip or fear , regrets, it is life its like that...you realize what is actually happenin, and sometimes the fliegender teppich you see its goin more far than you thought

acid you are completely coherent . what a bold statement, its all a mater of dose....I started doin acid and got used to its intensity, and still thought damn mushrooms they were more intense back when I took them. Did like 3gs mushrooms and was like damn this is weak, and was hazy cuz it was not enough there to take all my attention. I just got used to the psychedelic state.

But yeah they are kinda more 'hazy' in my souvenirs. But it might be just that its effects are less intense in the doses i find hazy, or just that theyre like that. Lsd seems to leave a clearer mind thus possibly more alarming if you lose control, because it can be so clear whats happening (losin your mind? dyin?)

15. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

Flying carpet!!! ROFL

I certainly wasn't cohereny the most recent time I tripped. I remember trying to tell the two kids in my room (the kid from next door who was sober and one tripping with me) about how my fingers were getting lost in my pocket (really, they were, it was very strange). All I managed to get out was "fingers.....its funny....(couldnt form a word for about 20 seconds)...trippin man..."

Most likely you will not get caught - though things may seem all weird and distorted and you feel like you can't walk or talk normally, the only difference to other people is your eyes. You'll have really dilated pupils, but otherwise your body will kinda go into autopilot. I would recommend having someone with you in case you go to order food and forget what ordering is, but if you're just going to be walking around I think you'll be alright. I actually had a harder time dealing with being at our student union after smoking a five foot bong than when we were on two hits of some pretty decent shit. There was mass paranoia after smoking all that weed and nothing but good vibes and "everybody's happy" when tripping.

You can have a bad trip at any point - say you take 10 hits one time and you're fine, but then next time you take 2 and have a bad trip. It's all about where you're at mentally when you take it. Same goes for shrooms - I don't know why people think there's such a big difference between the two; they have almost exactly the same structure and very similar effects, as noted by Hofmann in his book.

16. Dazed4now

Dazed4now Member

why are yall telling him all these negative things that happened
    take 2 hits of acid and get in a good enviornment and u wont have a bad trip or anything

17. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Any psychedellic drugs have some dangerous effects wether its during or after. So If you want to experience it then go ahead. But be aware of the post trip mental aspects.

18. touch of grey

touch of grey Member

if i were you i would do shrooms first to see if you actually enjoy the experience.

19. omgimmatt

omgimmatt Visitor

ivenever gotten ahold of acid but id prefer it over shrooms, i just have to settle for em for now.

20. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

took me 2 days to come down so yea haha