- - - - -

Beard Care.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo

• 1,619 posts

Posted March 31 2006 - 06:54 PM

Here's a little thread with beard care tips.

Some ladies complain about facial hair irritating their skin so here's how ya keep that beard nice n soft.

Here's mine. Never wash beard with soap (ie facial,bodywash etc) use shampoo and conditioner.

This routine will guarantee a soft silky beard.

Wet washcloth microwave 10-15 seconds let cool slightly. Hold over beard until clost starts to cool. Massage generous amount of VO5 hairtreatment into beard. Let sit 10-15 mins. Microwave wet cloth reapeat hold over beard. Heat will melt VO5 into beard leaving it soft n silky.
The problem with society is that fools and fanatics are too sure of themselves while the wise are plagued by self doubt.- Bertrand Russel
"Save a Volkswagen.Ride a Hippie!"

War is the sum of all Evil.- Stonewall Jackson

#2 ihmurria

ihmurria

fini

• Members
  • 17,951 posts

Posted March 31 2006 - 10:32 PM

oooh, Tony (my bf) should read this... not that his beard is terribly irritating, but softer wouldn't hurt none ;)

neat to know, thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to pass 'em on

I love love, I love to love and I love being loved

1,2,3 who should I kill?
Everymother fucker running up the hill.
1,2,3 what should I do?
Get fucked up get fucked up with you.

#3 MikeE

MikeE

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • 4,565 posts

Posted April 01 2006 - 10:07 AM

I wash my beard every time I wash my head hair. (OK, most of the hair on my head IS my beard.) Every once in a while, especialy after trimming, I use conditioner, especialy on the stiff pointy mustache hairs. Trimming puts a point on the hairs and the conditioner mellows things out.

#4 MattInVegas

MattInVegas

John Denver Mega-Fan

• Members
  • 4,436 posts

Posted April 01 2006 - 10:14 AM

Same here. Neatly trimmed and I use conditioner.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Visit http://www.hipforums...splay.php?f=104 The Kitchen Table

#5 spooner

spooner

is done.

• Members
  • 9,747 posts

Posted April 02 2006 - 04:14 PM

Its easier just to shave.

#6 dhs

dhs

• 7,320 posts

Posted April 02 2006 - 04:24 PM

Ha!

Couldn't imagine going through the trouble of giving my beard the VO5 Hot Oil treatment. I occasionally wash it with shampoo, but mainly just soap. Is it coarse? yes, but not nearly as coarse as my face a few hours after shaving.

#7 Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar

• 8,007 posts

Posted April 02 2006 - 07:09 PM

From a womyn's point of view. The only time Bear's beard bothers me is when it is just coming in, or he has trimmed it, with all that irrtating sharp ends on the hairs. He does nothing except wash his face, shave cheeks where he doesn't want hair (he has a goatee, kind of) and that is fine.

I don't think the man has ever used conditioner on any part of his body. But, his hair is usually pretty mild and soft. The only time I get "thigh burn" is right after he has shaved or trimmed it.

#8 sugrmag

sugrmag

Uber Nerd

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted April 03 2006 - 06:39 AM

From a womyn's point of view. The only time Bear's beard bothers me is when it is just coming in, or he has trimmed it, with all that irrtating sharp ends on the hairs. He does nothing except wash his face, shave cheeks where he doesn't want hair (he has a goatee, kind of) and that is fine.

I don't think the man has ever used conditioner on any part of his body. But, his hair is usually pretty mild and soft. The only time I get "thigh burn" is right after he has shaved or trimmed it.

I agree. I once dated a guy with a very full beard and it was pretty soft. It never was scratchy or irritating. Only when he shaved it :( and it started to grow back did it scratch.
"I want to see it untame itself and break its owner."

#9 DQ Veg

DQ Veg

JUSTYNA'S TIGER

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted April 03 2006 - 07:13 AM

I've had a beard (not a goatee) for a LONG time. Two things I HAVE to do; wash it with shampoo, like I do my hair, and trim it where it looks pretty neat. If a guy doesn't trim his beard, it makes him look like some old hermit that lives in a cave. And if I don't shampoo it, it'll itch so bad that I can't stand to have it.

#10 hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy

Sugar and Spice

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted April 03 2006 - 07:31 AM

I totally agree. My hubby has a lot of facial hair, but the only time it bothers me is after he's shaved/trimmed up. Otherwise, it's all good. :)

#11 adamben

adamben

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted January 03 2012 - 06:06 AM

These days there are a lot of beard care products available...I prefer the oil and the shampoo - so one in the shower and one outside the shower. It will keep your facial hair softer and better manageable.

#12 meridianwest

meridianwest

• 1,490 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted January 04 2012 - 08:59 AM

Wet washcloth microwave 10-15 seconds let cool slightly. Hold over beard until clost starts to cool. Massage generous amount of VO5 hairtreatment into beard. Let sit 10-15 mins. Microwave wet cloth reapeat hold over beard. Heat will melt VO5 into beard leaving it soft n silky.

sounds like too much trouble to go through. and i seriously doubt the result is really that much different than regular water+soap/shampoo. it's all in your mind. if you think it should be different, it will seem different.

you use a conditioner on your beard? seriously?

#13 Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood

Senior Moment

• 12,647 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted January 04 2012 - 09:54 AM

I've had a beard (not a goatee) for a LONG time. Two things I HAVE to do; wash it with shampoo, like I do my hair, and trim it where it looks pretty neat. If a guy doesn't trim his beard, it makes him look like some old hermit that lives in a cave. And if I don't shampoo it, it'll itch so bad that I can't stand to have it.

I resemble this remark..... :p

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~