NEW Hip Awards!

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by moonshyne, Jul 8, 2004.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

This is just an idea I had, spur of the moment sort of deal. Anyway, I figure instead of making all of these posts about who's the cutest, who's the nicest, yadda yadda, we go ahead and give out ACTUAL awards. I even went through the trouble of making a few just now.

The only deal would be, the pholks who 'win" would need to put the award on their signature, so if you nominate someone, try to be sure it's a person who actually wants it. The 3 I've made are very sarcastic and stereotypical, not to be taken seriously, and most people here know that there are a few poster's here who can't take a joke. Maybe I should made an award for them, too, and call it the "someone pissed in my cornflakes" award :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell me what you think.....

2. shadowofthesun

shadowofthesun Member

HAHAHAHAHAH! I love those awards... That is totally bitchin! I love it. Lets start nominating....hmmmmmm..... fake boobs, etc.....The Barbie Award... Well, actually, not because of fake boobs, and all that crap, but because she could easily be a barbie doll w/ her spectacularly perfect looks and personality....I nominate "MoonFlower"!!! You know what I mean by giving you this nomination, Megs. Loves.

3. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

How bitchin'! I totally want the 'hippie' award. It's so groovy.

4. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Does anyone know what award I would be nominated for? Anyone?

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Moonshyne,
    Very nice! We had thought to give out real awards at one point, badges at another. But I like your idea better. And those ones you did are perfect. You're welcome to do more. Others are welcome to come up with ideas, but it might be nice to keep them in one style.

So come on let's hear your ideas. We can vote in polls, so you need to get like 5 nominations, then setup a poll.

I suggest the winners include them in their signatures. Oh, you might also decide if you want to make them annual, or just award them as needed. If annual add the year to the award.

Have fun!
    -Skip

6. Nathan11

The most bug like?:)

7. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Try again, Nate.

8. Nathan11

"Try again, Nate."

Poo...

9. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Is "poo" an award, Natey?

10. moonshyne

I figure maybe it can be a monthly thing.....I'll make one award every month and have everyone post their nominations for it. then we can set up a poll with the top 3-5 nominees and let everyone vote on it. That seems like it would be the easiest way, unless anyone else has any ideas.

I think I'll go ahead and give moon_flower the barbie award if she'll put it in her signature, so that we can go ahead and start spreading the idea around.

<3,

panic pixie

11. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

WOOHOO! Thank you Daniella, sweetie! I'm very honored. :p

I'm more than happy to be the hipforums barbie!:)

12. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

haah this is a great idea! there should be an obsessive poster award (those who have like 30+ posts a day), and a picture whore award for those who seem to only post in member photos (why are you all looking at me like that?). aaand there should be maybe something like a useful or deep poster award.

i dunno, i'm just throwing out ideas here, i don't have the skills to make the little award things though.

13. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Umm...which one do I get...hehe

14. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

the "most politically outspoken" award, or "most radical"? award or something of that nature?

15. dasiy

dasiy Member

Hey,
    Dude I want to "Goth" award!!! Woohoo! Cause I'm so "goth". *haha* Not! But I want something!

16. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I want the Best Turtle Avatar Award! Or the Prettiest Feet. :D

17. skip

skip Founder Administrator

One award a month sounds good, as that will keep people interested all year. But you must allow voting for all awards, including the barbie. Better to come up with a little ad for the awards that more than one person can use and we can put it up on the new forum homepage too.

Someone now needs to keep track in a sticky post of all the suggestions for awards. I will decide which ones will be allowed (certainly not all). Let's see if we can keep this organized. In the past these things don't always work.

18. moonshyne

Of course we'd allow voting voting on all of the awards.....I only gave the barbie one to moon flower because so far she'd been the only one nominated and plus I wanted someone to go ahead and have someone start posting with one of them in their sig so that other people here on the forums would notice and become interested. Since it's just now starting up, I figured it wouldn't hurt to make an exception the first time. I figure we can go ahead and start taking nominees for the hippie award this month, and maybe next month the goth, and hopefully we'll have some new ideas for the awards that will come after that. Maybe an obnoxious patriot award or something :p That would be fun to make.

How do you make a sticky post? And what kind of ad would you have in mind.....like a text link, or another graphic?

19. Nathan11

Just because I can, I am going to take the Hippie award! Ha! Told you! :p

20. Nathan11

I was a bit bored, so I decided to make a new page for my signature. This is it. I'm going to use it because I can! :p Hope you like it. :cool: