band websites?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by seahorse, Jul 7, 2004.

1. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

i just noticed this forum and I think it's a really cool idea.

I want to know if any of you are in bands and if you have websites.
    I also want to show you the website I have going now for my band, simple roots, click on the link below. Listen to the song clips and sign the guestbook if you want! :p peace

2. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

I WANTED a site for my band, but now that there's not gonna be anything left of it we never got around to it. My brother has one for his band which is REALLY cool, I'll have to ask if I can post it here.

But I"m glad to see some new people in here, please feel free to stop by anytime, everyone is always welcome :)

3. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

Hey! my band is Tankus the Henge, we're an experimental progressive rock group from London, UK, and this is our site www.tankus.tk there's a message board and fanbase on www.tankusgroup.tk too, it think there's some clips around... It's great to see this forum!! thnks dude!! *hugs* we haven't talked for agessss....
    Jaz

4. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Yeeeeeeeeah! *hugs* I'm glad you found the place:) Hey, do you have any of your songs on tape, since I have no way of listening to MP3s or anything? I'd love to hear you guys sometimes, and since I'm so far away I have no way of gettin to a gig... Maybe I'll try and cobble one together of TDP before everyone moves?... Any way at all?

5. wvhipster

wvhipster Member

I'm in a couple of bands as a "gun for hire" so to speak, until my buddy and I write some more stuff and start gigging more, but if you want to visit those sites they are:

www.ninasharp.net
    www.dawgrock.com

The first site I play bass guitar for Nina Sharp (although she's been really slow updating and there are no pics of me)
    The secind site is a southern rock group that I play lead guitar for.

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I'm in a band called the Guinea Worms here in Ohio. Things are going really well. I have maybe 10 of our songs in mp3 format. I wish i could attach them on here,but they are likely too large, anyone know any good places to post your bands mp3s?

7. TheStoon

TheStoon Member

My band is called Lift and our site is at http://www.liftarehere.co.uk

It was done is a bit of a hurry cos we have an EP coming out and needed a website to promote it a bit, but it does the job!

8. j eastman

j eastman Member

Here's one of my websites:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/andymosity

The music there was from about 4 years ago, when I was working on my first CD, which was recorded entirely on 4-track (note the obvious sound limitations)....I've started on the second official CD this summer, and am using updated equipment, but I'm still a one-man operation.

I think I have a kind of alterna-pop sound, however, I have a side project called myotherself which sounds more like Sonic Youth/Thurston Moore...which can be found on the garageband website also.

I've got one song on a compilation CD, Songs We Learned In Texas, which can still be found on Amazon.com, as well as had one of my songs included on a yet to be released movie soundtrack called "Getting Hal".

9. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

my website has been updated with new pics and 3 FULL TRACKS, instead of the clips we used to have.http://simpleroots.com