Ways to clean a bong

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by happyonehit420, Feb 28, 2006.

1. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

so, does anyone have any particular way you clean your bongs? Mine are getting pretty filthy, but my big glass one is extremely difficult to clean (shape and lack of entry ways). Any tips???

2. TheOMFGNinja

TheOMFGNinja Member

Hey man, here's the absolute easiest way to clean it of all gunk and residue. Go to your local hardware store and get some Acetone.
    Take your bong outside and put some in there, a little bit goes a long way. The stuff smells and isn't too great for ya, so try not to inhale too much of it. Its okay if you get it on your hands, just make sure to wash. Anyway after you put some on, put your hands over any openings and shake it to get the acetone anywhere.
    After your done shaking it, drain the stuff somewhere.. Acetone is very famible, so I donno if your supposted to or not, but I just pour it down the drain.

At this point most (if not all) the gunk should be gone. if it isn't, or it isn't clean enough for you. do the above again and rince it with more acetone.

After you do all that. get some water and a mild soap (like for washing dishes or whatever) and then completely rinse out the bong with water. drain it, then rinse it again with water and soap.. if it still smells (it shouldn't) just keep washing..

and then you should be good to go!

3. MikeTheMoonMan

MikeTheMoonMan Member

bling it works...

4. yazzer

yazzer Member

it's just so much easier to use stiff ish pipe cleaners. not those soft fuzzy ones but the ones that are kinda hard n spiky ish i can't explain it. i'm baked. haha i nearly typed barked.
    i'm so barked.

5. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

isopropyl alcohol and salt works well, just shake it up for awhile, let it sit, and drain.

6. Tainted

Tainted Member

They make cleaning solutions for bongs. I heard they work really well, never tried any myself though. I'd just use the methods suggested in the thread. Alcohol and salt works well

edit:

yeah, that's what i meant to say, just go with the methods in the thread. acetone or alcohol.

7. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

bong cleaning solutions like 420 are waaay over-priced. homemade cleaner is the way to go.

8. maxxon

maxxon Member

with my big glass bong i put a shot of 99% isopropyl in it and then a table spoon of salt and then i shake it like hell. then i pour it out rinse and repeat if neccesary.

9. boogans

boogans Member

I watched this work wonders.

Ok, so this 2 ft Roor was...heavily-used, shall we say. It was grimy as hell.

But check it out.

Block the bowl with something (we used tape and saran wrap).
    Fill the bad boy with hot water.
    Put a spoonful or two of OxiClean in that piece.
    Marvel at the monster you have created.

The OxiClean literally rips the resin right off the sides of the bong. Unfortunately, it kind of foams up and comes out the top, and leaves some sticky on the outside of the bong, but the INSIDE of your bong, the hard part to clean, is spotless. Just wipe down the outside with a hot wet rag.

We did this to two, beautiful, large glass bongs. They were SPOTLESS. It was AMAZING. You could fucking see through them. It was RIDICULOUS. Plus, it was easy as hell. You didn't have to do like, any work.

10. MikeTheMoonMan

MikeTheMoonMan Member

with the cleaners you purchase your buying for conveince...especially if its a spoon or something and you put it in a ziplock bag with salt it will retain a bit of the taste unless you spend a lot of time rinsing it out...not to mention using salt ive read is not the best thing to use on your glass...as opposed to a five dollar bottle of bling which lasts you for at least three cleanings of any dirty spoon...not to mention the lemony smell...

edit...left it a bit ambiguous heard it was better to use rice though because of grain size...

11. sk8rsensei

sk8rsensei Member

Over time I have found what I believe to be the perfect (and safest) way to clean your bong.
    So first you want to get like 75% rubbing alcohol, you don't want it to be pure because that can be extremely bad for you. If you only have pure rubbing alcohol, than just dillute it with warm water.
    Next pour the alc. into the bong just enough though, you don't want it spilling everywhere.
    than add some salt (rice sticks to the sides), the salt will act as an abrasive to rub the residue off the walls.
    Don't shake it, just twirl the bong around so that the alc. and salt is distributed throughout the entire bong.
    do this for about 5 minutes, or until the bong is as clean as you want it to be.
    Now rinse the alc. out and fill the bong with HOT water, swish the water around the bong for no less than 5 minutes, that will get the alc. and salt out of the bong. Once you rinse it, smell the bong, if it smells like alcohol, than rinse it again.

>> DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF SOAP!!!
    >> It will stick to the walls of the bong, and the taste will never go away.
    >> Don't use anything that you are not sure about, if you think it's toxic than dont use it until you know it's ok.

12. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

I wouldn't use something as toxic as that for cleaning my bong...
    I bought a bong cleaner for $9.99 that has little crystals and some blue liquid that works quite well. But to be honest i prefer the rubbing alcohol and salt.

13. scorpio dog

scorpio dog Guest

will vodka mixed with salt work?

14. chr0nicles

chr0nicles Member

the acetone suggestion will certainly work, as will the isopropyl alcohol and salt homemade cleaner...

However, if you are still having problems getting the gunk off of the inside of a trickily shaped glass piece, try using 2 magnets...my housemate has these 2 little round neodymium magnets. He wraps one in a paper towel a few time and then sticks that one inside the bong tube, and the other upwrapped magnet on the outside. Since the magnets are really strong they are still attracted through the glass of the bong and wherever you move the outside magnet, the inside magnet will follow, scrubbing out the inside of your piece for you! Hope this helps and if it sounds confusing, I'll take some pictures or something...

Good luck!!!

15. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

haha, i used to race slot cars with neodymium magnets..it sounds like overkill...i'm sure cobalt magnets would work fine, but it still sounds safer than scratching up something with a bobby pin

16. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Yeah, it is way over priced. Didn't even work that well for me. I'm going to try the alcohol and salt, then if that doesn't work I will try the acetone. My glass water bubblers are really dirty.

17. SG69

SG69 Member

I've used DragonPiss which works really good but is waaay pricey and OrangeChronic which is also good but pricey. So I use Formula420 to clean my bong and other peices, the shit works great for me. I buy it in bulk so it only costs me about $6-7 a bottle.

18. Foreignjuicebox

Foreignjuicebox Guest

Absoloutley the easiest way to clean one I found is too get these dishwasing tablets that are easy to use just drop them in put in some hotwater leave it Til the tablet dissolves and than you have a bong which it's glass sparkles again

19. jaredh

jaredh Member

Usually I fill the thing up with isopropyl alcohol and some salt. plug the holes with paper towel or something of the sort, also usually take the female stem out (if you can) first, then I just shake the bong for a good i donno 5-10 minutes depending on how dirty it is. For the stems and smaller pieces I just put em in a Ziploc bag full of the alcohol and salt and shake, shake, and shake some more. Works really well just make sure to rinse em out real good! haha

20. wileysroadie

wileysroadie Member

Here recently, my local headshop has been carrying a new cleaner called Monkey Ballz. It's a soak and rinse solution, no shaking involved. It reasonably priced and doesn't have any solids in it to get stuck in grooves and whatnot. I didn't have a lot of faith in it because I'd never been able to get a couple of my pieces really clean, but after using this, I could have walked in and set it back on the shelf to sell. I haven't been able to find it online or anything as of yet though. The cool part about it is that after you use it, you can store it in a closed container and reuse it, so a bottle of it lasts quite a while with moderate use.