DrumZ

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by SyrinX, Jul 5, 2004.

1. SyrinX

SyrinX Member

Hey gang how she goin?

Thought I'd start a thread dedicated to drum'z DrummerZ and and anybody intrested in it.

Im currently hunting for tab's (not the crap off the net... actual PUBLISHED) of his excellency (note the sarcasm there) Mike Portnoy, (Don't get me wrong Dream Thrater is a good band and all... but people where im from seem to have over dosed on the shit have made me sick of it... and in my opinion they are over rating it... it's just another band). and anything John Bonham may have ever written. I and a freind sat and tabbed most of his material and learned it... however we are pretty sure we fucked up often and still half arse/butcher this is amazing drummer's work.

A lil about myself, Im a a drumer from canada who has roots and foundation in Rock (HARD ROCK and SOFT ROCK)/Blues/Latin/Funk and is influenced and plays just about anything. Ive been playing tabs and along to CD's in my basement for 7 years and wanna get out.

PEACE n' LOVE all

S...X

2. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

NICK! :D So GOOD to see ya man! Got your letter last week, a reply is in the mail :)

As for tabs, the ONLY site I've found to have good tabs is www.taborama.com. They're not published but some of their tabs are right on, I noticed esepically for Nirvana. There were some Bonham, but I'm not sure how accurate they are.

As for tab books, it seems you can find guitar tabs and bass tabs ANYWHERE, but drum tabs are impossible to find. My best idea would be looking for drum tab books on the internet. Maybe amazon or something? Or just go to any pro music shop, and ask around. Maybe they could order one for you or something... Who knows. Good luck!

Stop by again soon :)