what countries is smoking marijuana legal?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Smoky, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Smoky

Smoky Member

:p where is smoking weed legal

2. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

nowhere on planet earth.

3. silenceinc

silenceinc Member

holland offcourse!

but not for foreigners - and in Amsterdam it's illegal since a fex weeks to smoke on the streets.

i live 15 minutes away from holland - hmmm - good ol' quality weed :p

4. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Even in Holland it's not 100% legal.

5. silenceinc

silenceinc Member

doesn't matter - you can grow it, buy it, have it, smoke it ... that's pretty legal to me - only thing is you can't sell it. funny ey ... :)

1 person likes this.
  6. spammer

spammer Member

I live in Holland and I can say that there are some laws in our country that are in my opinion quite strange and inconsequent. The policy that is used is called in Dutch 'gedogenbeleid', I don't know the right English word for it. It means that there are formal laws that prohibit the import, production and selling of drugs. But although it it forbidden, there are some coffee shops that won't get a penalty if they sell soft drugs. So the law has no other function than a moral one. In other words, the law says that it is not good to sell drugs, but if you do it, it is your own responsibility.

There are sometimes discussions in our country about legalizing the cultivation and production of drugs. Supporters of the legalization claim that legalization decreases the crime rate, for drug addicts don't have to steal money. Personally I disagree both legalizing selling and buying drugs. I think that it doesn't make people happy.

7. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

In Columbia it is legal to have personal sized amounts of it for use (unless they changed the law recently). The government in Mexico just passed a law making personal sized amounts legal to have also. Although not in Latin America, It is legal to smoke in India. Most people there smoke hash, though. Also in Portugal, it is legal to have up to 25g for perosnal use. The city of Denver, CO it is legal to have for personal use. Some town in Canada, on the sunshine coast, B.C. I saw the mayor on TV saying it was ok to grow and smoke as long as you are part of their community.

8. Last Stand

Last Stand Banned

9. Supermegaman

Supermegaman Member

well if i ever make it rich im gettin my own country all drugs are legal except for crack and other drugs that suck

10. stoney69

stoney69 Member

switz as well innit !

11. silenceinc

silenceinc Member

yeah - swiss is also pretty safe with weed.

and since some days / week it's legal to have small amounts of cannabis, coke, xtc, lsd, peyote, salvia, heroin in MEXICO! let's move! ;)

12. spooner

spooner is done.

no it isn't. fox never signed the bill.

13. The manticore

The manticore Member

columbia its legal for personal use up to 20grams and alo of south america it is decriminilized

14. KParker730

KParker730 Member

i dont know if its illegal to smoke, it grows everywhere in the middle east and western asia like iran afghanistan and pakistan.

15. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

It's legal/tolerated in the following countries:

Netherlands
    Switzerland
    Peru
    Spain
    Bangladesh

16. KuSh NaSty

KuSh NaSty Member

The person from holland, Heres a question, Do they have the orange buds, Strawberry Cough, Grapefruit Haze and that stuff and is it hard to find?

17. tomandhismuse

tomandhismuse Banned

In Holland selling (from coffee shops) and smoking and possesion is tolerated. The only thing that is not tolerated is growing and distributing, I guess the growesr keep the operation pretty quiet. So the laws pretty messed up really.
    Tom

18. bbdgjr07

bbdgjr07 Member

uhm... With regards to Central America... most latin countries dont have the most stable of police systems meaning you can pretty much do what you want. i have friends in puerto rico, nicaragua, mexico, costa rica y they visit other countries often and get away with doing what ever they want. I know Nicaragua especially is very loose with what you can and can not do

19. cogliostro

cogliostro Sir Psycho Sexy

It ain't a crime if you don't get caught!

20. emsterino

emsterino Member